Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Just a guess. My thought would be if smith hasn't shown what it takes they take a final look at Sanchez in this offense.

2. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

So we can sign him to a cheap contract if he does good enough and use him as trade bait.....

:lol:

3. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Listen man outside of the box thinking will get you nowhere here.

-Its impossible for us to resign Mark for cheap??
    -Be a backup who already knows the system

There are other scenerios that he can be traded for a high pick if he plays and performs well, or even sign a short team friendly contract start next year....

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What world are you living in? Sanchez is god awful. No team will want him as their starter. Not even Jacksonville or Oakland are that stupid. The fan base has had it with him as well. He'll never be able to step foot at any home game without being smothered with boos.

5. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Explain - in great detail - how Mark Sanchez is a god awful QB. Make sure, in your analysis, that you leave no room for other interpretations for his performance. Make sure, when describing his rookie and 2nd year in the league, you give him the same benefit of the doubt that you are giving Geno Smith currently. I am interested in reading the crystal clear assessment that, considering Mark is a god awful QB, will be self evident.

6. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

When I'm sober I read junc's posts and get mad. When I'm drunk I read them and giggle my ass off.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No Way Sanchez takes a substantial pay cut without the Jets cutting him therefore allowing him to test the waters with other teams to maximize his pay return.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Amen, reality.

9. 1968jetsfan

Sanchez got the same benefit of a doubt that Geno is currently receiving. In fact he got that benefit of a doubt for his first 3 seasons in the league.

However, once a player is in the league for 3-4 years it is then fair to go back and look at his rookie year to see how that player has developed. Has he had an improvement curve (note in the case of the few rookies that play like 5 year vets from day one this doesn't necessarily apply).

A player gets a benefit of a doubt his rookie and usually his sophomore seasons, at least from anyone with a reasonable mind. and if a player is playing well in his 3rd and 4th years it's unreasonable to say "he stunk as a rookie".

In the case of Sanchez he hasn't matured or improved his play or decision making over the 4 years he started. In year two his interceptions dropped, but he also led the league in dropped interceptions by a vast amount. His YPA has been consistently mediocre, his completion percentage has been consistently mediocre, and his turnover rate over rate over 3 years has been unacceptable. In his best TD to Turnover year he was only +6 and in his career I think he's either -6 or -9 TD to Turnover ratio and in today's passing friendly league that's just unacceptable.

4 years in to league he still stares down his receivers, he still makes poor decisions by consistently throwing in to double and triple coverage. Take the butt fumble for example. The fact that he ran in to his own O-Linemen just makes it funny and it does make him the butt of many jokes. But running in to his o-lineman's butt isn't what epitomizes his career to me, it's what led to it. He turned the wrong way to hand off the ball, then paniced and tried racing to the line. But that's still not what bothers me or shows why he's an issue with the team. Nor does the fact that when he said he was trying to slide he was clearly very late on the slide...that doesn't bother me so much.
    What's indicative is that when he ran to the line he was carrying the ball in one hand, not two, and not even tucked tightly against his body as he approached the line. In fact it wasn't even close to being tucked in to his body until the last .5 seconds before the collision. No excuse for that.

But it's not that one play, bur that one play is indicative of everything about Sanchez. poor decision making and taking poor care of the football.

I can live with pedestrian numbers from a QB IF they take care of the football and limit turnovers, if they make good decisions on the field and don't take unnecessary chances. But 4 years in to the league and Mark still makes the same mistakes he made as a rookie. I won't blame him for making rookie mistakes his rookie year, or his 2nd year, but when a guys been in the league 4 years and hasn't shown an on field improvement in his judgement it IS fair to use his rookie year as a gauge to determine how the player is progressing, it's part of his resume at that point.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Or, if you don't have the time, we could all just stick sharpened pencils in our eyes.

Same thing really...

11. 1968jetsfan

and if Sanchez had EVER, aside from the Buffalo game, ever ran up 3 scores on 3 drives we wouldn't have this thread today.

The fact that earlier you said our Offense couldn't score against the best QB of all time is just laughable. Offenses DON'T PLAY WITH THE OTHER QB ON THE FIELD. Well at least not since the last two way player at QB who I think was back in the 40's or 50's. And even then the only QB I can think of off hand that played both QB and somewhere on the defensive side of the ball was Sammy Baugh. There were a couple of Qb's who were also the teams kicker or punter, George Blanda and Bobby Layne come to mind here (but there hasn't even been one of those for what, 40 years?)

In fact the mere fact that you considered a game over at 14-0 speaks volumes of your belief in Sanchez as being anything more than a 1 or 2 drive a game QB, despite the rhetoric you normally spew.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

isnt sancho under contract to the tune of like 9 million unguaranteed for next year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/mark-sanchez/

yes he is signed THROUGH 2016... however he was UNCUTTABLE this year as he would have been a 17 million dollar cap hit. next year he will be a 4.8 million dollar hit.... OR we could keep him and he would be a 13 million dollar cap hit.

so lets just go ahead and put to rest that we will resign him for cheap next year.... maybe he will take a 2 million dollar deal in place of the 30 million or so he has coming to him (unguaranteed)

13. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Given Sanchez's injury I think it makes sense for the IR move. However, without an injury to Geno I really don't see a situation where Sanchez plays again this season. It will be interesting who they bring in to take his roster spot. Goodson will obviously have to be activated after week 4, but now they have a spot available for games 3 and 4.

#16914 johnny, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

if sanchez is here in 2014 i will be very disapointed.

16. alleycat9

i think this is a real possibility, i think him shooting off his mouth this past week made the move necessary and i dont think his injury is severe enough at this point to ir him for the rest of the year without him putting up a stink about it ala arod.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it sucks he had to get hurt, he would have had a great chance to save his Jet career if he was healthy now.

18. Ted

Ted Member

Junc, it's over. Let the thread disappear into the sunset with Sanchez.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I know it's over.

20. alleycat9

then why did you have to come in here to say:

i honestly feel like you have waived the white flag, that was a completely unprovoked statement out of nowhere that had nothing to do with anything. like a conciliatory statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.