MangoldS Play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Sep 12, 2013.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

So then why was he high stepping?

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I hope it's only a fine and not a suspension. Per the rules "unnecessary" fighting carries a $5,250 fine for the first offense, so I think it's possible that there will not be a suspension when you consider that nobody got injured. I'm fine with double or quadruple the normal fine, but if it results in a suspension.. :(

3. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

Classy player.........was it intentional? I'm not a mind reader. I'm also a fan of a team that has it's share of bush league plays..........shit happens ......move on.

4. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

#44 Sloup, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looks clean to me. If Talib doesn't jump, that's a hit on his hip.

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Talib should have went out of bounds immediately the game was won on that pick, if he wants to dance around inbounds trying to up his stats shit happens. I personally don't care if mangold meant to do it or not, no reason for talib to stay inbounds on the play.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Mangold will get fined but no way he gets suspended.

Something more than Davis got for his lovetap on Geno. Probably around what Mathews got for hitting Kaepernick.

Probably just a fine for D'Brick for punches...

Colon for pushing a ref? That one may get a game off.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

looks pretty filthy to me.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The NFL usually hands out fines and suspensions on Tuesday (or occasionally on Wednesday) following the last game of the week, MNF. But Rex will have held a few practices by then.

If you're Rex, do you anticipate any of these dudes getting the bench and work in their replacements into 1st team reps? Or do you wait until Tues/Wed for the 'official announcement'?

Colon punched a ref, he's almost certainly out at least one game, even though he was ejected.

Mangold will most likely only get fined for a late hit, so he's probably safe.

D'Brick was ejected too which usually that means no suspension, but due to the level of the fiasco, it's at least a little uncertain.

Who's our BU left tackle?

10. Footballgod214

You can see Mangold 'start' to extend his hands as if to push him out of bounds but the kid jumped back leaving Mangold in mid-air with nothing to do but land on the punk.

edit: Trivia: That guy in the red sweatshirt that Mangold runs into is the Pats DC. Don't know his name but announcers last night said he was the youngest DC in the league at 39 yrs old.

edit edit: The only penalty I can see in on Pats #54 for 'push in the back' against Jets #40. Dude should be suspended!!!

#50 Footballgod214, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  11. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

I love how obnoxious that spin move looks. Talib should watch himself next game when guys will be burning him downfield.

Whats that? We have no receivers? Well im a highly optimistic tard so I think were gonna punch em in the mouth. Fuck Talib.

As for the hit: Looks like Mangold was gonna hit the hip to push him out, Talib plays ballerina bitch for a second and pays for it. Talibs fault, not Nicks.

12. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

The Patriots' DC should ask Rex Ryan for a recommendation for a weight loss surgery doctor.

13. Footballgod214

geomon...thanks for posting the vid

14. Footballgod214

I don't know what all the fuss is about...I'm pretty sure even Rex said "If you intercept one of ours, we'll break two of yours".

15. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

If Suh doesn't get suspended for his cut block last week it would be an utter joke for the NFL to suspend Mangold. Would be purely targeting the Jets for not continuing the laughingstock stereotype expected. Unless the NFL wants to look like the NCAA this won't happen. Same with Brick and Colon

16. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hey Talib didn't go OB and Mangold tried making something happen...can't fault him for that

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Talib shared his opinion on the hit

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib said Wednesday that he didn't have an issue with the low tackle by New York Jets center Nick Mangold that sparked a melee near the end of Thursday's 13-10 victory.

"I thought he kind of dove a little early. He started to dive when I was inbounds and I kind of went out of bounds at the end of his dive. I didn't see it as dirty," Talib told ESPN. "I haven't seen it too many times, but I'm good. I ain't worried about it."

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Nice by Talib to clarify it.

Thanks for posting.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My wife thinks that guys looks like Yukon Cornelius.

I guess that would make Mangold a bumble.

#59 abyzmul, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...ts-new-york-jets-players-sideline-melee-fined

No fine for Mangold. It was clean. Patriots instigated the entire thing. The guy jumped right into that.

#60 Barcs, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013