MangoldS Play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Sep 12, 2013.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

He's gonna be suspended.

Goodell is a loser.

2. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Mangold is NOT a dirty player. Never has been

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't know. I watched the replay and it looked like Mangold had a big hit at him until Talib stepped out and then caught the ankles/legs. Maybe it was intentionally low, it was definitely a bad play Mangold shouldn't make. I just don't think the intent was a low blow, I thought he was just trying pop Talib and Talib sidestepped quickly.

4. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Bullshit. First of all, Talib could've prevented the entire mess by not running around after his game-ending interception.

Second, Mangold's hit wasn't low until Talib jumped way out of bounds away from him. Is anyone shocked that a Center didn't have proper tackling technique?

Someone with GIF powers will post it soon, probably. Not a dirty play.

5. displacedfan

While the smart move if for Talib to immediately take a knee, I can't blame him for trying to rub it in/have fun. You win, your right, but it was a bad time to try it.

Second, that's also what I saw. Maybe it's the green goggles on for me and you though.

6. displacedfan

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 3m
    Nick Mangold on Talib hit: "I thought it was a good tackle & apparently it was not and it started a little ruckus." #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 2m
    Mangold said of Belichick: "He got heated about it. I was a lil surprised by that. I figured he'd have a lil bit more poise." #jets #nyj

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 1m
    Mangold couldn't make out what Belichick said to him. "But it was a decent amount of yelling. (Go to the NFL mics, I'm sure they got plenty"

7. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I thought it was a deliberate shot.

Division game to be had, game ending INT, dude dancing down the field...

That said, I don't see anything wrong with it.

8. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

It was incredibly dumb, and not just because it increased the chance for injury on a meaningless play.

What if the stupid mofo fumbled? I guarantee you Belichick told him the next time he'd better stay the fuck down.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Mangold gets a fine it will be for failing to injure a punk ass show boater that gives the nfl a bad name.

10. badknee12

badknee12 Active Member

stay classy, Nick - I've seen Suh and you're no Suh

11. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

Look at the replay. Mangold is just sitting there after the play in dibelief. He doesn't even get in anyone face. He just looks dejected. He wasn't fired up trying to hurt someone like a hothead. This quote is completely believeable.

Mangold is like the Honey Badger. Nick Mangold don't care.
    [​IMG]

This was not malicious.

D'Brick on the other hand.

12. foreboding

foreboding Member

LOL- Or taken his helmet off and swung it at his knees.

13. foreboding

foreboding Member

He might get a suspension it was pretty egregious.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Best play of the night.

But I'm glad Mangold didn't injure the punk....Belicheck might have the next Revis on the bench that he doesn't even know about. That'd be our luck...again.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

To be fair Talib never actually stepped out of bounds...he was in the air and could have tossed a lateral.

Next time he knows with 30 seconds left just go down.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

To me the guy moved out of bounds when Nick was trying to tackle him. Like a lot of plays it was unorthodox and to me did not look like a cheap shot. But good to see Willie Colon and Brick, etc. stick up for a teammate and try to get a couple of shots in during the fight. Looks like Willie might get suspended maybe Brick, too. 2 of the rookie OL draft picks were not even suited up last night so even though they made the team they haven't impressed so far.

17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

As a guy who loves to bash the Jets at any chance I can get, Mangold did nothing wrong here. He did indeed launch himself at the Patriots player, but when he did so, that player was still standing and facing him in bounds (as opposed to the type of run where the runner is looking to run out of bounds and a defender hits him at the last second unnecessarily). Only after Mangold's launch, did the Patriots player jump backwards out of bounds to avoid the hit. Mangold did nothing wrong.

18. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

As a Pats fan , I had no problem with the hit (Of course didn't like it low on our best corner but looked accidental). I also had NO problem with the Pats players taking offense, I want them be like that. (I think Jet fans agree you want your team sticking up for eachother.)

As for the Lineman threw the Punch he is going to get at least a good fine, Commish will set a example as usual.

19. Spiedie Gonzales

I never want to see a player injured, no matter what team. I really don't think it was intentional, he was skipping around on the field, you're gonna get tackled, bro.

20. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

I THINK Talib was trying waste as much clock as possible so there was less of a chance of a mess up with the offense. (which was god awful yesterday can't wait for gronk and Amondola be back lol)