Milliner Benched???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Spiedie Gonzales

I noticed, and I'm glad Rex acknowledged it. Dee is young and hasn't had as many reps as he could to this point, his struggles are concerning but I'm not going to panic.

On that note, though, I'm loving Walls' play.

2. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I was about to post that. Hill killed him game one. I don't know exactly how well he did through the rest of the season but no doubt in my mind he improved.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Millner has bust written all over him, in this day and age with Nfl ready talent coming out of the draft it makes u wonder why we draft guys who aren't ready for primetime

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

And finishing under .500 is cheaper than finishing over .500.

5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

benched?

When one player substitutes for another in a situation on any team it does not mean the player is "benched". Coaches see an opportunity to use another player who may fit better at that moment. Only talk show host and fans who never played a sport use that word for a substitution.

6. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

This after two games. Some people don't think before they post it seems.

7. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I agree. Right now Walls is a LOT better than Milliner, and for now we need Walls in so we can have the best chance to win games. CB is said to be hard for rookies in the NFL, so he can learn on the sidelines for now.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Haven't read the whole thread but maybe he just doesn't "get" the scheme yet...

That said, all the fuckin credit to Rex for putting the team 1st.

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Dude, that is LITERALLY crazy talk. Tell me what rookies around the league from this past draft have had great games after 1 week?

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did it ever occur to you that the "NFL ready talent" is only NFL ready because they can pay rookies less a lot less than "NFL ready talent" and the teams are cutting real "NFL ready talent" for rookies.

The "NFL product" that we watched the last two weeks kind of sucked.

11. Soul Rebel 212

I don't get how this is Idzik's fault. We had a gaping hole at CB and the top CB slid to #9. Other than Warmack, what pick value-wise would have been better? It's all on Milliner, and some of it is not is fault, like being injured and missing almost all of TC. He probably came in with an ego thinking that he had it under control and not realizing how complex Rex's D and the NFL is versus college ball. I love that he got benched because it will hopefully open his eyes to realize that his play is killing this team on defense and make him step his game up. Lining up ont he wrong side of the field was insane to watch...can't really excuse that at all. Two games and he's some God-awful bust of a pick? Come on.... Give him time. I would def start Walls this week and let Milliner watch from the bench. Tke some pressure off and make him earn that starting spot.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You wonder if Rex was tweaking Idzik by benching the guy who 'replaced' Revis.

13. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Dude was benched, sorry.

14. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

You only wonder that if you're the type to buy in to lazy, sensationalist sports talk. ESPN, NFL Network, and sports talk radio depend on garbage like this so that in-depth analysis can be avoided at all costs in favor of "real housewives" style controversy.

Milliner was getting beat left and right, then got benched. Hopefully he responds by working his ass off for the next 10 days so he's not blowing coverages and getting burnt by the Kenbrell Thompkins of the world.

15. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

To be fair, I think the Jets wanted Tavon Austin with their 9th pick rather than Milliner. Just our luck though that the Rams traded up with the 8th to get him, which caused the Jets to take Milliner instead.

Thinking about stuff like that just really pisses me off....

16. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

The problem is you are expecting revis. We have been so spoiled by cornerback play the last three or four years that you can't even let our rookies develop on the outside without calling them a bust. He'll most people think Kyle Wilson should be cut. Quinton couples was benched half the year last year and ended up on fire. Who knows I think this benching might be good for Dee.

As far as getting tavon Austin I think Rex blew it by telling him "we had a plan for him" tipping our hand. Rex did the same thing with Coples last year. He needs to learn to shut his mouth there is no need to tell a rookie that not in the nfl draft where information is vital.

#96 BleedGreen4ever, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  17. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

The fact that people are proclaiming Milliner a bust after Week 2 when he played against Tom mother fuckin Brady is laughable. He was benched. He's a rookie in his second game. He'll come around.

On another note, why the hell didn't we have Wilson or Trufant following Edelman around the field. Cromartie should never be lined up on a slot receiver. NEVER.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This begs an interesting question. If you were Idzik, would you have drafted the CB that's the best fit scheme-wise or the consensus "top rated" CB as you don't know if the current coach will be there beyond next year? IMO the best fit for what we run currently is Xavier Rhodes followed by DJ Hayden as they had way more experience playing bump and run. But if you are Idzik and you plan on pursuing Saban to replace Rex next year maybe you draft Milliner. Just speculating.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The silver lining is Rex seems to have grown as a HC after being burned by Sanchez last year.

If a player, any player, even his star rookie DB, lines up on the wrong side of the field or runs into someones ASS he's on the bench. No ifs, ands, or butts about it.

A younger Rex would have kept Milliner in then at the post-game podium tell us all how great the kid played. Those days seem to be over. This was far more a Belichick/Parcelles move. Play to a high level or GTFO.

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Way too early to be getting pissed off. Milliner has played two NFL games. Neither one of us has any idea how good Milliner (or Austin, for that matter) is going to be. Take a chill pill.