Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I've been saying it...our D will keep us in most games ...

2. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Might as well go for the block with fair catch wilson out there.

3. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

Agreed. Huge difference between dropping passes off hands/numbers and running wrong routes with new receivers vs. not getting separation. You can improve the first part. Bad recovers can't magically find separation.

4. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

How the refs didn't call edelmans "incomplete pass" a fumble is fuckin beyond me!!! He clearly had 2 feet down and made a football move...to me if that stood as a fumble it changes the complexion of the game by putting us on the pats 40 yard line...such bullshit!

5. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

If Dobson/Thompkins made their catches, they blow us out...if if if

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle!

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

That's exactly my point, thank you. There are so many factors outside of the QB's control that you can not attribute wins or losses to a QB 90% or more of the time. QB Can be near flawless and still lose.

Take Brady today, No picks, no fumbles. Hit receivers in stride and on target far more often than not and still wound up under 50%. Had the Patriots lost the game would he have deserved to get hung with a loss?

If a QB throws for 150 yards, throws 3 picks in the redzone or Pick 6's but his team wins does that QB do anything to earn a win?

The whole point wasn't to excuse Geno's performance, it was to illustrate what a worthless stat QB win's and losses are. Wins and losses are team stats.

Now if we want to talk about Geno, he had 3 strong quarters. Did all the right things...4th Quarter things fell apart, 2 of those 3 I put squarely On him for really bad throws, the other the receiver batted in to the air and I'll never blame a QB for a tipped interception, well unless it's tipped by a Dlinemen behind the line of scrimmage on a screen pass. No excuse for a deflected pass there...unless its deflected off the receivers hands.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You took a shot at someone for no reason but the way he looks and you showed you ignorance about the Jets coaching staff.

Retard.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

In today's NFL you have to pass, it was execution, Geno under three gates downfield in the second quarter on what should have been a TD if he led him into end zone.

MM did not cost us game, there were plays to be made and the jets offense simply does not have the talent to execute.

Give credit to belichick for taking away Winslow, he forced Geno to look elsewhere and he did.

I just hope that Geno can get better and this receiving group improve, but from what I saw we need a WR and still need an explosive RB.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In this game though it came down to the 4th quarter and in the 4th quarter Geno imploded on . You toss an interception or two in the first half and play lights out in the second half people look at that. You throw three interceptions in the 4th quarter and it is on the QB.

10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Defense played very well. Wilson is not the answer at PR. Hey Marty, with Ivory averaging over 4.5 yds. per carry, maybe a few more runs, especially when your receivers are dropping a ton of passes might help Geno.

To Geno, hang in there things will improve.

11. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i didnt go through the whole thread, but lot of the times when geno is looking around and not finding a receiver, y doesn't he just run? i only saw one occasion where he actually did that...did the organization tell him to do it?

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Most likely...this is the same 'braintrust' that chained Sanchez to the pocket and was super preoccupied with the way he slid. The Jets gotta wake up and realize mobile QB's are the wave of the present/future. They have one, they gotta let him use his athleticism.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Geno isn't a running QB...just not his strong suit. He isn't a run first guy. You won't see 50 yards a week from him.

Last night he just sat in the pocket =-= burping the baby as the announcer said.

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i agree...i know we def would have 3-4 more first downs if geno ran instead of looking for a wr

i guess still a learning process....but who knows

15. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

After 2 games everyone believes Geno will get better. After 4 years no one believes Sanchez will get better.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He played well but all everybody is gonna talk about are the INT's at the end.

17. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

In fairness, two games into his first season and everyone believed Sanchez would get better too. Geno's got all the skills necessary to be a successful NFL QB; the question is whether or not he learns. Too early to say.

18. It's COMICAL to me how some of you are already writing off Geno.The kid is a ROOKIE, There are going to be days like this. Let him learn from his mistakes.

As for the receivers..lets remember we've got some young guys there too. And EVERYONE is learning a new offense.

We knew there would be growing pains. Well here they are.

The doom & gloom just isn't needed..frankly its deplorable.

19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Bruised knuckles again from punching a brick wall. This fucking team i swear..

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Our receivers are the worst I have ever seen on any NFL team..they couldn't catch a ball if it was inside a pillow case and dropped in their arms. Wilson should be cut..he positive sucks at everything he does, I didn't watch the post game but did they decide not to drop him back because they figured he would drop it or fair catch it anyway? Smith was good until it mattered most. That last INT was brutal, I hope it slipped because of the rain.