Milliner Benched???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Sep 13, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Achilles??? When then he hurt that?

2. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Nick Saban year after year puts out the best defense in college, Fromm his LSU days to now, and yet his players ALWAYS disappoint in the NFL. Considering the amount of titles and the level of defensive dominance, it's astounding how many JAGS have come out of Bama on defense.

The Milliner draft pick, and the Geno draft pick, were both criminally stupid.

3. DogWarZ

DogWarZ Active Member

only it will take 5 yrs and 100 million before the jets front office realize this.

4. GoldenShowers

A truly cutting edge front office would analyze things like this. When you have a team that is consistently producing in college, and thus having hyped u
    prospects, and those prospects disappoint in the NFL at an astronomical rate, it should be a MASSIVE RED FLAG to spend a top ten draft pick on a player from that same system.

I'm not saying never draft an Alabama defender. But given our glaring needs all over, it was foolish to draft aplayer when history has shown that these players are all overdrafted.

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

We should have taken Richardson at 9 and a Eifert at 13

if that was the case then a corner in the 3rd round since Winters isn't even playing

6. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Milliner sucks. All that speed at the combine and he gets burned repeatedly down the field by other rookies and a UDFA.

Too bad STL leapfrogged Idzik and co and got an actual impact player in Tavon Austin.

7. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Who know whos the real scrubs in this?

The Bills for letting the Rams take that pick for Tavon.

Lol, yeah im stretching it and smart on their part. But fuck the Bills.

We could have gotten S-Rich and T-Austin. 2 big playmakers on each side of the ball.

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Eifert's not worth it, man. He's not Jimmy Graham.

Tavon Austin was the guy we needed to have. Would have worked out even better considering he played with Geno @WV. All what ifs, but whatever.

Brian Winters couldn't beat out Vlad for the starting LG spot.

I'd have traded Milliner and him plus the rest of our crappy draft (aboushi, william powell, bohannon) to move up one spot and take Tavon.

#48 al_toon_88, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

DJ Hayden and Xavier Rhodes are better suited for our style of play.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

WTF???

Have you even bothered to look up Alabama players that have came out of college?

You might want to do that before you make such a retarded statement.

11. GoldenShowers

Where are these great Alabama defenders in the NFL? please do show them to me.......

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Courtney Upshaw, Dontae Hightower, Jarrett Johnson, Mark Barron, Marcell Dareus to name a few. No "elite" players though, which is surprising considering how their defense is always dominate in college.

13. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

It looks like Milliner is always lined up wrong. I always see him running over to the receiver late not knowing where he is supposed to go.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah he got totally toasted!!!! Did you noticed that the Patriots scored a total of 13 points? He gave up a few catches yes, but he's a rookie and that's expected. He's also playing against Tom Brady. Give the kid some time to develop.

15. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

It's always possible to go back and say "We could have had this great player instead of this disappointing player" but at the time, it didn't seem like that bad of a pick. Maybe in time Milliner will improve and be decent, but Rex was right when he said he will never be Revis.

I think benching Milliner is the right thing to do, and honestly Walls is playing a lot better than him, so I would be very happy if Rex just gave his starting spot to Walls. Because of his draft position we have to give Milliner a good chance and just hope that with enough practice and training he can be decent next year. He does have talent and potential, and CBs do take time to develop (rarely are they very good in their rookie year) so I don't think he can be considered a bust at this point. If he's not at least average by his 3rd year's training camp, I would consider him a probable bust.

One thing about Alabama players is that they tend to have a bunch of injuries, since apparently Alabama errs on the side of more and harder practices, rather than keeping guys fresh. So by the time they get to the NFL, they already have a bunch of wear on their tires, and one of the things I didn't like about Milliner was his injury history.

Rex's schemes require good CBs, so he probably wanted a CB hoping to minimized the dropoff from Revis. But, the dropoff from Revis to Milliner is like a sheer 2,000 foot cliff at this point- so I don't think Milliner should be starting as long as we have someone better (regardless of draft position.)

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Gotta admit I was one of the people who has been shouting about the wasted Vlad pick for years but he played great tonight. We might get to see Winters very soon....maybe as soon as next week.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Walls is going to be a stud, tellin you now.

Think he means his shoulder, they're so close together its an easy mistake to make.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

WRONG! How about giving the guys some time to develop.

19. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

2nd game in the NFL dude. Chill out

20. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Austin had about 30 yards on Sunday. Given that you are ripping Milliner after 2 games you probably would be ripping Austin too