The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we drafted 3 OL in rounds 3,5,6 who dont even play yet have no skill players

that could have been a WR, TE and RB

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Stedman Bailey :'(

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

But hypocrites cant see this, all they see is "rookie" or draft round next to the guys name. For that, these special fans give said player a pass. Instead of voicing concerns over the real factors (lack of weapons, player development, and coaching) these special fans look for change or another QB. You can probably see how this creates a marry go round affect.

The root cause is not Geno, Mark, or Whoever else the Jets draft after Geno get run out of town. It's the consistent inability for this organization to draft or aquire electric, game changers on the offienseve side of the ball. Until that happens, we will be having this same conversation about whoever is taking snaps for the green and white.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We needed depth there too. Multi year rebuild.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Drops are drops. Yeah, they were awful and hurt.. A LOT. But those picks can't be thrown in those clutch moments.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Not to mention, who is to say Hill doesnt drop that ball too? Him and Gates have to have the worst hands ive ever seen. I said from day 1 you cant really teach someone with bad hands to all of a sudden catch everything. The thing with Hill, not only does he drop a ton of passes he always cant hold onto a ball after he makes a catch either. Its a shame too because the guy has freak speed and leaping ability.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664302/geno-smith

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

not the point. the INT's were bad. but we are talking two plays compared to 10-15. just not comparable.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He also struggled big time at Texas Tech with 25-30 mph winds. Lets hope he improves because the meadowlands can typically get that windy at times.

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

11. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Yo, Geno is NOT READY TO START IN THE NFL!

I don't even see any potential. He is very inaccurate. He makes terrible decisions. He doesn't throw well on the run.

I hope I'm wrong but that's what I see. What potential are you people seeing? A strong arm?? You can't be an NFL fan and think that a strong arm is worth anything.

Oh, a lot of those "drops" are because the passes are behind the receivers. Very inaccurate.

12. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

why is it a competition between Sanchez and Geno as if disliking one means you like the other. Both are going to lose a ton of games in this offense, and neither is ever going to become elite.

instead of drafting Geno and Milliner, they could have restocked the skill positions, started Sanchez since he was here anyway, and got the QB next year in what is a tremendously deep QB class.

Instead they draft a guy who isn't ready, and on top of that give him no weapons, and fail to have a backup plan in the event he was forced to start prematurely (which he is).

13. timekills

timekills Member

I'm not convinced hs ankle isn't still bothering him. He looks like he was struggling with some of the longer throws, and after the ball got heavier due to rain and harder to throw in bad weather. Plus he didn't scramble at all tonight, especially compared to last Sunday.

I think he's a gamer, and I'll give him a buy as a rook even without considering the possibility of lingering injury. As already stated, if there is even an argument about who is better between a rookie QB and one who has been playing for four years, the argument is over.

Lest we forget, there is a first ballot HOF QB who played like ass tonight too. I hardly think this game is the measuring stick for either QB.

14. TonyMaC

so to recap for those of us not sure that he's the worst pick ever based on two games, Geno now has a lot to learn and learn from and has a good amount of time to do it thanks to the extra days they have to prepare for the bills.

Hes able to do well at times... but this was a bad game, to completely blame him is wrong, to not give him any blame is even more incorrect.

we all have to accept him as the future in this point and time, and accept that things will get ugly before they can get better. the most important part is that he and the rest of the offense does find a groove in the face of this outing and buff out their flaws (or at least focus on what to do differently)

I mean nobody expected him to be flawless out the gate right? this kind of game was bound to happen, and it would happen to whatever new guy you want to put in too. (yes even THAT GUY)

15. badknee12

badknee12 Active Member

let's give the rookie another chance, at home, on a dry field, against a lesser team, with extra days of practice
    if he performs poorly again, then there may be cause for dismay and hand wringing

16. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Is Geno going to learn how to stop throwing behind receivers? Is he going to learn to stop under throwing wide open receivers downfield?

I can live with holding the ball too long and making poor decisions. Rookies do that.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

he just has to recognize the coverage and throw with anticipation

thats all film work and reps

if he has this kinda trouble after the bye then we got a huge problem

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't know who you consider to be the special fans but since I do give him a pass for being a rookie, the same exact way I gave Sanchez a pass for all his gaffs as a rookie and as a 2nd year player and as a 3rd year player, I'll make comment here.

He's a rookie, you expect rookie mistakes. It's a fact of life that very very very few players don't go through, especially QB's. Occasionally you get a QB class like 2012 that shines right out of the gate, but that's the exception and not the rule.

Anyone with a football IQ above 20 realized there were going to be issues this season. Right now Geno is on pace for 600 Attempts, 16 TD's and 32 Picks. it's only 2 games so those projections will change a lot (hopefully). Sanchez in his rookie season had a total of 364 attempts, they focused heavily on the running game in his rookie season. In two games Geno has 73 Attempts, He's on a pace right now to have 60-70 more attempts than Sanchez has ever had in a season. That's just not acceptable for a rookies load, and that's not counting his drop backs that he scrambled on.

And this isn't to make an excuse for Geno's poor decisions, but if the Jets can't find a running game AND use it Geno's going to have a very painful learning curve. I mean Geno thus far is on pace to challenge Lucks 634 pass attempts in his rookie season....and Geno isn't Andrew Luck.

19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Probably the most inaccurate analysis I've ever seen.

20. TonyMaC

as his timing and chemistry with receivers grow that should stop some, so I suppose so. every little bit will matter, I'm sure he won't be Aron Rodgers in 10 days but hell a little more is known about him, and that can help lead to a more efficient game and the W that comes with it.

its all matter of what the team takes from this, hopefully Mornhinweg will put a little less on Smiths plate for a spell.