The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

It was 6 inches behind where it should have been. He shouldve caught it. Ideally, yes, you want a better throw.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

In an odd way if he was making dumb reads I'd actually be more optomistic. He actually made the right reads for the most part, but he threw baloons up there. That's not something experience/coaching fixes. You either can make the throws or you can't.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

There's a difference. Genos a rookie, he's going to make mistakes. He needs to clean it up regardless of how poor the rest of the team is he needs to cut down the interceptions and turnovers as he matures.

It's his second game, Brady has shit for recievers and he didn't turn the ball over once. That's what good QB's do, it's what Sanchez has NEVER done. And its what, so for in a 2 game career, Geno has struggled with.

We knew coming in Geno was going to have rookie struggles. I don't like it but that's part of the curve....Now if he's still playing this way in game 16 that he's playing now there are problems.

And that's the problem with Sanchez, 5 years in to his career he was still making the same rookie mistakes and turning the ball over WAY too much for a ball manager. Geno gets a pass right now as a 2 game rookie, that's a pass that won't last forever and he needs to show progress as the season goes along.

Also going to cut a little slack for the rookie this week because it was a short week.

The question isn't if Geno is going to make mistakes early on, we knew he would. The question is how does he develop over the course of the season, does he blossom, or does he stay the same turnover QB that Sanchez has been.

That all remains to be seen. S

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

this thread will be at 300 pages tomorrow

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well you support QB play like this so he mustve just went up in your book, huh?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Seemed like he didn't make bad mistakes until he was pressing at the end. After a shitload of drops. He definitely needs to clean that crap up, but for christs sakes the guy is a rookie on the road in his 2nd ever start. He needs more help than he got today.

The worst one was the pick behind Holmes when we were in range to tie with a FG.

7. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Hill wasn't open, there was less than a minute and it was raining.

Everyone is making a big deal about the Pats WRs being rookies and Brady gets a pass but Geno is the rookie running the O. No game is a pass but you just don't light up the league up when you're a rookie QB.

8. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Dumbest.fanbase.after.a.loss.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The funny part is that would have been considered an "accurate" throw by the Sanchez folks if Sanchez had thrown it.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Heh I was the opposite. I'd rather it be bad throws, right reads. It means mentally he's ahead of what we though, but just need to work on mechanics and timing and coachable stuff.

11. HeartSpazm

HeartSpazm New Member

The fact we compare the similarities of a 5th year Sanchez with a 1st year Geno is already a knock on Sanchez.

12. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

I just cant believe that there are still people on here that defend Sanchez. I find that... amazing. Very, very hard to believe.

13. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

agree thought we played well

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wanted to say it but would of been called a troll. This is why this thread has become entertaining now. I'll just sit back and watch.

15. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

The only accurate passes Sanchez had was when he was throwing to the other teams.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You guys are honestly too dense to see the difference between a 5th year player who never improved and a rookie in his 2nd fucking game? Really? You must be acting this way on purpose. You have to be. Right?

17. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

I hear ya. 14 more games to go!

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

That was my quote that someone here uses as a sig :lol:

You're welcome :)

19. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Geno's weapons? He would have won if they caught a few balls.

20. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

How many drops did Gates have?