Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I've never seen a Brady led team so vulnerable and the Jets still couldn't get it done. Sad, sad night for Jets fans. Couldn't stop Edelman across the middle on 3rd and 5? The entire fucking country knew he was getting the ball and the 11 dipshits on the field couldnt stop it from heppening.

2. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I'm a fraud fan because I'm not going to crucify a rookie his second game. Guess what motherfucker, you're what's wrong with this fan base. You are. Because it's never about building for the future and what you can take from today and apply it to the future, it's either win now or burn it.

Fuck you, fuck your cynicism, you don't deserve to be a fan of this team and when we do win, your complaints are fucking nowhere. You're a fraud and disgusting. Kiss my ass.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Thoughts:
    Our rookie QB looked like a rookie. Threw behind receivers too often. Rain maybe? Led to 3 picks, with one huge one in the RZ. Can't do that.

OL played better, shout out to Vlad. Ivory and Powell ran better. Ugly ending from D'Brick, Willie, and Mangold (although I think Willie and Brick were intentional, and Mangold wasn't)

WRs, besides Holmes, nothing positive to say. Drops galore.

Defense, yeah the Pats dropped some key passes, but man they held the Pats in check. Even though Edelman rakced up the catches, no big gains. This defense is going to be fun and keep us in game. Walls seems to be a good corner in the making.

Coaching: Not much to say. I didn't see any blatant mistakes. MM is still getting a handle on this team.

Geno played bad, what's so hard to say about that! He made some bad throws, especially the INT in the RZ to Holmes.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Wonder who's going to be suspended and for how long?

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Why bring up the completion percentage when there were plenty of drops. He held onto the ball too long because our targets can't get shit for separation. What do you want Geno to do? Force throws? He did that and sadly that was his demise. He lost faith today with his targets and its a damn shame.

Tell the full story rather than pick the stats you want to tell for god's sakes. I had to deal with this crap for Sanchez and its going to happen against for Geno?

6. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

If that albino creature is not on our sideline we win this game

7. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Passing rating: 27.6

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

My impression is that this was a wasted chance. Pats will only get healthier and gel more.

I was disappointed with Geno. Yes, there were a million drops, but his picks were bad and he held on to the ball to long in first half.

I will cut Geno slack since his receivers suck and he is a rookie on the road, but he has ALOT of room to improve (assuming he can)

Very sad game- very typical Jets

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Too many drops by WRs not named Holmes. Clearly missing Kerley. Maybe it was the rain as Patriots WRs were dropping a lot of easy passes too, but it was pretty damn embarrassing.

Gino Smith was looking good until the pressure was on. He's just not ready. Too slow in making his reads.

Defense was looking great except for Milliner. Dude was awful.

RBs looked okay. Ivory did a good job tonight.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Please. This team is better than expected. We're playing with a rookie QB, no 1000 yard rusher, some of the worst WRs in the NFL, questionable safeties, a rookie CB, etc, etc. It's fine to feel good about the fact that this team isn't getting assfucked by teams like the pats and bucs, because honestly the talent level on this team is mostly dogshit outside of the defensive front 7.

11. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Has Stephen Hill ever had a solid
    game?

12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

rah rah enjoy your 3 point loss you dickless fucking faggot.

13. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Sanchez is a 5 year vet. He gets no passes like a rookie gets. That argument is invalid in every sense of the word.

14. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Initial observations:

DL was sick as usual. I'm liking Davis over Harris right now. Dee Milliner is a playing like a rookie, and it could be frustrating at times as he learns. Darrin Walls deserves the playing time he gets though.

Ducasse. Man he really held his own against Wilfork in the running and passing game.

WRs were painful to watch. Holmes doesn't look 100%, and Kerley being out probably had a big effect. He's the one reliable WR on this team at the moment.

The running game looked good. Marty wanted it thrown a bit too much for a rookie considering the run success. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of play action plays after the first half considering.

I hope Brick and Colon aren't suspended. Colon isn't such a big loss compared to Brick, since we do have Winters waiting on the bench. Brick though, do we have another who can play LT behind him? Howard is more than holding his own on the right, do you risk weakening both sides of the line if you shift him over?

Main takeaway from the game: WRs on the juggs for the next week and a half, and reps reps reps.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The talent maybe a tad better but not by much. Gates was here last year as was Hill (who both suck anyways), and Holmes playing at like 80% right now cant be too much more of an upgrade. The only clear upgrade is Winslow and he was a free agent that no one else wanted....

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

the timing between the receivers and Geno is off

17. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

When Gronk and Amendola are back and Dobson+Thompkins have had 5 more weeks to get on the same page?

18. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

Would love to know why Ivory disappeared because the Patty's D couldn't handle him and when he was in during the 2nd we looked in total control.

Powell is scrappy and all, but it's pretty obvious we have a beastly RB in Ivory. Yeah he fumbled, but I still didn't get it.

19. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I figured. You've got nothing. Go crawl back into a hole until Rex is fired or Geno gets hurt in a game so you can then pleasure yourself to the replay.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

last week he got 6 receptions...

this week was not solid though.