Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

CATCH THE FUCKING BALL!

That is my assessment of tonight's game.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Fuck you and your moral victory BS, I can't stand you fucking fraud fans who take satisfaction in us not getting destroyed by the Pats and merely getting beat on turnovers in shameful fashion. You are the worst of the worst type of fan.

3. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I have to agree. We run the ball and we win this game

4. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Oh my, we both are terrible, lol! Good game I guess. We are going to be lucky to win 6 games looking like this.

Yikes.

Hope no one on either side is hurt after that mess.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Geno loss? If Geno doesn't throw the ball behind Holmes on the NE 40 or 30, the Jets continue on their way and get 3 or 7. If Geno leads Gates downfield the Jets will probably be getting their game tying 3. And the last pick.. dont even. Geno made some god awful throws tonight, but he didn't have much help.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

such an intelligent response...

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I have to tell you...if we can't win a game like this then I need to sit down and re-evaluate the season.

Junc...can you PLEASE get out of Sanchez Jock? I don't give a shit about last year.

Marty has some serious ownership in this loss too. Why he didn't run the ball 70% of the time in the second half is unacceptable.

This was about as ugly as a loss as I can remember. Never have I seen an NFL team so willingly give us a game to win and we couldn't pull the trigger.

Insult to injury...the announcers there at the 3:XX minute mark in the 4th are sitting right there saying "where's number 11? If I'm the Jets I double team him." And not 2 seconds later...there he goes and catches that 3rd down. It was THAT obvious!! Holy shit...

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

This offense was not good all around. Play calling wasn't there. We barely threw to the TEs. We didn't capitalize on the good run game that we had. Receivers dropped a bunch of passes, a bunch. Then Geno fucks up in the second half.

To be honest, I expected the defense to allow something late in the game, but it wasn't them who messed up, Geno was the one who started messing up.

Honestly, I think that some of those picks were the WRs fault. Last one looked like it was supposed to be a comeback route. He was so accurate all game that I don't see how you can under-throw a pass by that much. Second pick should of never been thrown. He under-threw it, it gets picked off, he throws it farther and the safety is there for it.

Overall bad game for the offense. Good game for the defense.

9. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Geno made some bad throws today, but it's rookie stuff in bad weather. It was a little troubling because he was gambling a bit with long, late throws before he had to. He needs to be a little more conservative when he's near field goal range in this kind of game.

The WR's were awful, we need a return game, and our secondary played worse than the score would indicate.

All that said, they're ahead of where I'd thought they'd be at this point.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Edit: same old shit.

#50 JetsVilma28, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Agree with the OP that Marty M relied way too much on the pass. We were running the ball effectively, while the receivers were the furthest thing from effective, and Geno is suffering growing pains. Should have run more; you have to manage your rookie QB.

Geno needs to work on his deep ball, and his decision-making in critical situations. He wasn't as bad as his numbers indicate though.

Defense played well for the most part, but were way out of position on a few plays, leaving guys uncovered. And its hard to parse out to what extent the D played well to what extent the Pats WRs are horrible.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fuck all of your bullshit

We need to find out what happened to Wilkerson, he was carted to the locker room per twitter.

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

This is very true. Its not light years better though.....at least Kerley was fully healthy for Mark.

We had Spadola and Gates try to do what Kerley did and that's a fail.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

agreed but if Hill doesn't fumble, if Gates doesn't fuck up a TD, if we run the ball more, if we get better field position on punt returns

we win this game

Geno played bad but so did everyone else besides Powell, Ivory and Holmes

15. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Week 7 BABY! Let's fucking get at 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

This isn't 1993 you old curmudgeon, rookie QB's start all the time now, they're fucking expected to.

17. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Where the hell was Winslow all game?

18. jmbrown828

jmbrown828 New Member

MM lost us this game IMO. Chris Ivory and Powell were playing fine. Light years better then their last game AND it was raining! RUN THE BALL! RUN THE BALL RUN THE BALL!

The Defense is more then solid. This team legit can win some games this year.

Are we ever going to give our QB a legit threat???? Look what happens when you take everyone away from Brady, he looks normal. BRady >>>>>>>Sanchez/GENO so give them some help!

19. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

That 2009 team was solid

That said Geno was a the definition of mixed bag if you consider those drops

20. titan999

titan999 Active Member

The most frustrating thing is that the Patriots were not impressive at all. They looked quite mortal and quite beatable. We win this game with decent QB play in the 2nd half and receivers who can actually catch the #%€£%ng ball.