Thoughts From Tonight's Patriots Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Our receivers aren't shit. We need to draft two receivers in next years draft.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wow when does the hate stop.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This please, we need a real QB, end of story

4. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno crumbled, the guy is Sanchez 2.0, it will be a long long season, he under-throws a ton of receivers, could have been picked off 8 times tonight.

This game was disgusting, even worse I'll have to read about how we "came close" to beating the Pats and all the moral victory BS from the fraud fans.

Just disgusted by this team, and particularly our receiving corps and Geno Smith. I was in Geno's corner but after watching him,this guy can't play, way too many turnovers, we hated Sanchez because of his turnovers and Geno is worse, averages three a game, no way we can win with that shit.

Fuck this team, I'm going to get a snack.

5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Let me tell you something right now. Yeah our offense played like crap. We've got a rookie at QB in his second game and we have the land of the misfit toys out there trying their best not to catch a ball.

But I've got news for you. We walked into Gillette Stadium today and got beat by 3 points. 3 points and if Gates doesn't drop that TD pass in the second, you're looking at a completely different ball game.

And you saw all of those Patriot players and fans talking trash, we still have a date with you sons of bitches at Metlife and I can guarantee you Geno will be playing better and when Coples comes back this defense is going to be scary as hell.

Enjoy the win Patriots but you are no longer gods of this division and frankly you don't scare anybody any more.

6. DogWarZ

DogWarZ Active Member

Heres another thought wait until they come back healthy and experianced.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Holy crap.

I actually agree with you.

Either your starting to make sense or....or....I'm going slowly insane.

8. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Please, I ain't giving Geno no free pass, he played just as bad as the rest of the offense today. Horrible pocket awareness, passes behind his receivers, poor coverage reads, he had his fair share of faults today.

9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I agree with you but I still like Geno better then Sanchez.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith is an was, a waste of a pick

11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Mark wasn't playing the 2nd game in his career against the Pats...

Also he never had that many drops in a game.

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

MM is an old dog. He has his system and he's not going to change it.

Geno did get worse in the 2nd half. But that is not surprising with a rookie.

Jets lost at foxborough by 3 pts, which is home field advantage generally. Yes the Pats were depleted on offense, but so are the Jets, on O (Kerley) and D (Coples).

The Jets are not a very good team, but did you expect them to be? They are 1-1 and there is still time for Geno to develop in a positive way.

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Can't teach an old dog new tricks...this is what I was afraid of with MM - this stupid obsessive need to throw 70% of the time. Killed me last year with McCoy on my fantasy team lol. Say what you will about Schotty, he didn't **** around with Sanchez as a rookie QB.

This game reminded me of the loss to Cassel at the Meadowlands, one of the few times where we really should have beat them and didn't.

14. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

Here's another thought wait until Geno and the receivers are experienced

And QC is back

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Geno missed some big throws at big times. How come Brady could not make his shitty receivers better is that not what great QB's do?

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Here's your hero....

Only 42.8% completion and 3 INTs, plus all the late and behind throws, big sack and holding on the ball way too long. His most accurate pass was hitting Holmes as he laid on the ground.

17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Rex can't be shy about what he wants on offense. He takes the hands off approach and makes it his MO.

Demand a run of your OC. If it gets stuffed, fine, but at least the guy at the top made the decision. I know he wanted to run on 3rd and 4 on our 2nd to last drive.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He did in 2009 and won.

I am not blaming Geno but it is comical seeing the ecuses for him when Sanchez had half the talent to work with that Geno had tonight yet we blame Sanchez for all the losses last year.

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Horrible play calling. Don't get why we wouldn't keep running the damn ball. 2nd and 5 Geno in shotgun empty backfield. What a joke. Pats can't stop the run, we should've been running it down their throat. Already disliking morningshits.

20. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Hate on this team all you want right now cause a loss really sucks but this team will get better and don't surprised when we beat their asses in Metlife later on.