Jets Will Beat Pats Thursday....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

This is why we drafted Coples. I wish he was healthy enough to play.

Also, Gronk might play in this game and if he does that really changes things. Id say without gronk we have a 40/60 shot at a W. With gronk Id say 25/75.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the only thing they seemed unable to contain was Jackson and the Pats do not currently have anyone of that calibre/style available to thme that I am aware of

still Brady >>>>>>>> Freeman so who knows

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The biggest thing that's been killing us with the PATS in recent years is the Brady-to-Welker shit in the middle. The little diving weasel with his short little routes killed us on conversions. No one... NO ONE on the Pats is as good as Welker was at that short little shit.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You're getting as pumped as I am now.... always a dangerous thing as a Jets fan! LOL

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's going to be interesting to see how both teams deal with three days rest. The Pats have a lot of adjustments to make on offense, as it seemed that they were out of synch. Sudfeld/Thompkins don't look like much, so it comes down to stopping the running game and the shrimps (Edelman, Amendola).

I'm not predicting anything, but I would love to see another ugly, close game. Oh, and Big Mo destroying Brady would be nice too.

#25 Jetaho, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Regardless of Brady's receivers, if Jets can create the pressure up the middle all game long, Jets have a slugger's chance on that game. Brady is really good against the pressure off the edges, but when a pass rusher is squarely in his face, that's when he flubs.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

would be nice if coples was back. that would help. but i dont expect it.

8. fish_squisher

fish_squisher Member

We have to get off the field on third downs. Rex's play calling better have the Pat's guessing, and the secondary has to step up or its going to be a nightmare. Wife and I are going to be in Foxboro for the game.

9. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

No, I hear you. Especially with the prospect of Amendola at the very least being banged up for the game. But Brady has turned shit into gold before. It should be an interesting game.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

brady aside, i think this is a better match up for the D than tampa was, tampa's rb and wr's are way better than what new england has. if cro and millner play tight man on the outsides the safeties and lb's should be able to cover zones and play run support between the hashes. if the front 4 canget penetration it could be a long day for tommy boy.
    offensively, who knows. i think we will need to be able to run to the outside, wilfork shuts down the middle, and get the screen game going we may be able to move the ball.

should be a good game to the end, i am hopefull

11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

All of a sudden we're good enough to beat the Pats when many here predicted a 6-12 season?

Sheesh, we were lucky to win the Tampa game - not that the Jets impressed, which they did, but going into an opponents turf like the Pats with a rookie QB , Billichicken's going to have to interesting schemes to throw at the green QB.

As long as the Pats have Tom Brady , doesn't matter who they have on the receiving end, he always makes them look all pro.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Read what I have said months ago. I have said, a. this DL is sick and b. this defense would be god damn fun to watch.

2. I have pointed out, the only way to get the Patriots is with front four rush - specifically, the pressure up the middle. That's how Giants got Pats during SB twice. Jets D is getting there. If they can seal up the LB line, they are going to be fantastic unit.

3. So in that regard, what I have said above is not out of the line from the early season prediction in any imaginable way. Regardless of the situation, if you pressure Brady up the middle, good things happen - be it INT, fumble or hell, incompletions. That's all I was saying.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I don't think we see last year's Patriots until Gronk gets back from injury.

This week's game will be easier than the next one when they visit us. With that being said, they will play us tough and we can't afford any mistakes.

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I can easily see us winning this game. I simply needed to see the team "in LIVE ACTION" yi yi yi yi yiiiii!! (you have to see Call of The Wildman on Animal Planet to get it)

Our front four is going to have a field day with the Pats o-line. That is really the only thing I can guarantee for the game. There's a new "snack" in the NFL and it's Tom Brady...and Snacks is hungry.

Tom Brady is Tom Brady...but he is not going to be able to do much from the seat of his pants. He's going to get his moments but the Jets defense is definitely NOT the Bills. On any level. Gronkowski is not expected back and even if he is he hasn't touched the field in months. Soo......

Geno is going to have his growing pains but on New England we WILL run the ball. Let's not confuse NE's defense with Tampa. They aren't in the same hemisphere.

To be honest...we can and SHOULD win this game at this point in the season based on everything I saw yesterday...and yes, I recorded the NE game and watched it. I wasn't impressed.

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

week 1 was great, but lets not get carried away. We have more issued to worry about then they do. our offensive line was horrenouds. we couldnt run the ball and coulnt come close to protecting the QB. the pats i think will further exploit our pass protection issues.

Also, the pats run the ball better then tampa, id be suprised if we shut them down as well as we held tampa. The pats looked off, but they still moved the ball.

im hoping we win, but @NE with a rookie in his first road test and our offense looking much worse then theirs... looks like a blowout win for them

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Wait....what?? Are you sure you are talking about the right teams? Doug Martin, of Tampa, was the 4th leading rusher last season...

Pass protection...our pass protection wasn't NEARLY as bad as everyone on this board THINKS it was and let's, yet again, not confuse the NE Patriots with the Tampa Buccaneers who had THE NUMBER ONE defensive line in all of football last year. Where are you getting your stats from?

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think if we can score 24+ and not turn the ball over more than once we win this game. Brady will find a way to put up some points without Amendola and Gronk. The key will be stopping their run game and getting our run game going.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Beating the Patriots turns this season from developmental into wildcard spot...

Just get Brady off the field...stop giving him short dink and dunk routes...prepare for the refs to be extra helpful to the Pats

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

please correct me if necessary but i do not think gronkowski is expected back and amendola has a groin issue. if gronk is indeed out and amendola is slowed that would be a major boost.

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yes, im sure. the pats were 6th in NFL in rushing last season (137 yards a game). The Bucs were 15th (114 yards a game). They also had more rushing touchdowns(25, 1st in the NFL then the bucs(13).

Martin was great, but the pats got it done with multiple guys with more success. Riddley/Vareen/Woodhead, they use diffferent guys base on personel.

The are a better running team then tampa. and they have a passing game to keep you honest