Jets Will Beat Pats Thursday....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Here's why.... And it's not because the Jets impressed me so much on Sunday (although I was happy with them).

1) The Pats skill players were quite lackluster on Sunday, and the timing was off. Thompkins, Sudfeld, and Ridley weren't cutting it. They dropped 20+ on the Bills but the Jets D is just a tad better.

2) Amendola (their only real viable option) re-injured his groin and stated after the game, he wasn't sure he'd be able to return.

3) The Pats are going to rely heavily on the run to set up the pass. The Pats are not going to run on the Jets like they ran on the Bills.

All of this and they only have 3 DAYS to fix it. If they had a full week I'd say we'll see. But Brady's weapons are a mess right now, and this is a serious plus matchup (yeah I said it) for the Jets given the short turnaround.

Jets 2 - 0 come Friday morning.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The thing is NE can run the ball and we can't go all out to stop the run like we did yesterday b/c Brady will eat us up no matter who his receivers are.

3. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Yup. I believe the Pats are going to become more and more run heavy as the season goes on. For now though, the JETS D can definitely hold them to about 20 or less.

I believe Geno can definitely score some points on this secondary as well.

To me, it just comes down to turnovers & getting some solid drives. Limiting the 3 and outs. We can't just keep putting Brady back on the field.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Revis is no longer in the backfield, Cro isn't quite where he left off last year, and Milliner is a rookie.

I expect us to stop the run but the air game is a huge advantage for the Pats. Bellicheck is going to do everything he can to mind-fuck Geno with his defense.

I think we lose but we don't go down w/o a fight.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not of Milliner and Cro refuse to give up the inside pass. Make him throw it outsode and over their heads.

Jets win.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We can't blitz like we did yesterday. Pressure from the front 4 is mandatory. Wilkerson, Richardson, SNACKS and Ellis must continue to play well.

Send 5 at the most with Barnes.

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i actually think we HAVE to blitz like we did yesterday

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we have to mix it up and confuse him a bit. Think early season games against Brady in 2009 and 2010.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Jets were able to stop the run and get pressure with their front 4. Ryan will take his old approach of being heavy with DBs. I think he will try to keep the game in front of the defense, hit their smaller receivers and see what happens. The Bills can't stop the run again - Vereen was 14 for 101 -- the guy is good but not that good.

If Amendola is out you can't let Edleman be the guy.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This game will be more difficult than the Bucs game, despite all of the Patriots problems. When Brady is in, you either knock him off his spot or he'll tear you up.

That said, I think this will be a fight, and while I'm not ready to predict a Jets W, I do feel it is reasonable to think the Jets have a real chance at a W.

Also, if the Jets do win, that blows open the doors of opportunity for this season to be a competitive season, rather than a developmental one. This is an exciting game, almost playoff level.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's very very risky. Brady is amazing against the blitz. We have to find a way to get to him with 4 or 5. Or at least switch it up every now and then but on 3rd down DO NOT SEND THE HOUSE at Brady.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Brady is going to have a field day with Milliner unless we can get the pressure we did against the Bucs.
    Cro better step up his game BIGTIME.
    Safety play is going to be crucial against Brady.

#12 Jersey Joe 67, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We need to rush the front 4 and play man to man defense. Can't leave guys open.

14. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Missing playmakers or not, Tom Brady against the Jets pass D is a scary thought. They didn't look good against Tampa yesterday, can't imagine what Brady could do. I think the run defense will continue to be stout. Hopefully the front 3 or 4 can generate good pressure on him.

15. BookEndTackles 72&79

Overall, the pass D was fine. Cro gave up the two inside slants to Jackson that went for around 60 yards combined. If Cro is healthy going forward we shouldn't see those big plays that often on his side. Landry was there to make the play but whiffed turning a 10 yard gain into a 40 yarder. NE doesn't have that outside threat like Jackson so Rex can scheme accordingly. Tampa has no TE threat to speak of so that helped the D this week. Despite Gronk being out NE still might match up better with Sudfeld being a big target in the middle of the field. Should be interesting to see.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

imo just finished watching the game and geno faced a very good D imo secondary was hard helping the run and plus revis was good. and the way our D stopped doug martin 80% of the game unbelivable we honestly can be 3-0 by the end of week 3 but also 1- 2 ofc but i belive in this team . Rex deserves his credit too tho. MM as well but that wildcat lol its getting no where.

17. GangGreenFan1984

GangGreenFan1984 New Member

You make good points, but never undersell the pats or brady, doing so would be stupid... That being said Gino CAN win that game. He tweaks a few things in his game while under pressure and he can be amazing.

With this weeks win and momentum going into week 2, I really do think we will take it away.

GO GangGreen!

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We can run on the PATS. Keep Brady off the field and you won't have to worry about him. Run the ball down their throats and then let Geno light it up with an occasional pass here and there. He has also shown BB that they need to keep someone home to watch for Geno running the ball himself. If they don't , he'll get the 1st downs himself.

I expect Ivory and Powell to have a good day. Winslow and Hill are now Geno's go-to guys. DEF line has to get pressure on Brady and make him flustered. LBs need to flatten Brady early and often. We've seen it work.

We'll need some luck, but I am saying 24-20 is doable.

19. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

The X-Factor for me in this game will be Darrin Walls. He was graded by PFF as the best cb this preseason and as showing much better technique than our rookie Milliner. He gave up less that 50% of his passes thrown his way and I've read he's been stellar. The only thing apparently holding him down on the depth chart is his draft status, (UDFA), politics...

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geezus if we do pull this game out of the proverbial hat i and many, many other fans with such low expectations are gonna have to start thinking about what to garnish the crow with.....

happily so.