Geno's game 1 performance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Noam, Sep 8, 2013.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think there was a lot of gimmick calls and wildcat because they were trying to take the game out of Smith's hands. The motion toss they ran to Kerley was one of the worst playcalls I have ever seen.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The wildcat was called to take pressure off Geno. It was just annoying because it wasn't working yet they kept calling it. Why not call a bootleg play and let Geno scramble. Or at least fake the run to the RB and hand off to the FB? There are other ways to at least attempt to run the ball.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The Jets will have to make some adjustments...for one he damn near rolled out to his right when flushed or when it was a designed rollout, it was to his right side. Teams will adjust and combat this. I was encouraged when one time he saw the Bucs overload the right and he rushed to the left for a nice gain. Geno and MM seem to know how the game is flowing and what's working and what's not.

4. skipper

skipper Member

The Pats* don't have the Bucks defense.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

yeah, Sanchez is so wanted by other teams that he didn't even draw a sniff when he was dangled in the off season, not even a nibble..not even by Tampa Bay...then again they have a QB who is essentially Sanchez.

And don't give me the 12 million dollar argument, if he was half the QB claimed teams would offer at least a 7th for him and renegotiate the contract. But that didn't happen, and won't happen. Sanchez is seen by other clubs the same way Gabbert and company are seen. If Sanchez starts in the next 3 seasons for any reason other than injury to the #1 QB it's because he's in Jax or Oakland, and then only for this year for one of them as next year one of those two teams will have Bridgewater.

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

No he doesn't.

Some team with an awful QB situation might give him a chance to compete, but it's unlikely. He's heading for a David Carr/Brady Quinn type deal where he bounces from team to team, only starting when the situation is so bad there is no choice.

Mark Sanchez can't Pennington anyone because he doesn't have Chad Pennington's talent. Nobody every doubted that Pennington was a great quarterback when healthy and that he could play in this league. Sanchez isn't an NFL starter.

Mark Sanchez will never be "the man" on another team.
    Mark Sanchez will never win another playoff game as a starter.
    Mark Sanchez will not break 16000 yards for his career.

Bookmark that.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Spot on

/filler

8. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Look, if youre a Sanchez supporter then that's great. But don't shit on Geno because of it.

Our hatred of Mark is justified through his dumbass play, your hate is because Geno took your BF's job.

9. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Come on man....

This is Geno's thread, get your sh!t together and stop the Dirty talk.

10. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Ok, I was a big Sanchez supporter, but I support the decision to go with Geno and I would have if Sanchez was healthy. I've accepted Sanchez's ship has sailed and it's time to move on. Smith was impressive today and kept his poise, something Mark hasn't had since '11. I hope he works on it to help the Jets be more respectable than predicted

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is not a Sanchez thread. Now could the Sanchez fans please kindly exit stage left?

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Geno was in plain English "ok." Yeah, he was poised, and whatever, but he wasn't outstanding or great. On the go ahead FG drive, he missed a WIDE OPEN receiver in the end zone which would have basically iced the game. That fumble on the 5 could have killed us, and basically did, if it wasn't for David on the Bucs. We'll see how he does up in NE on Thursday.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Lol. Go away douche. "ok"?

As Ive said before, its clear that in only the Sanchez apologist's eyes was this just an "ok" game for a rookie (coincidence?-no)... Get over it, Sanchez is done here.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Another personal attack. Cool.

What does Sanchez have to do with this? Geno was just ok. He wasn't as spectacular as this fanbase is creaming over. He could have iced the game earlier if he didn't 1, get sacked fumbled on our 5 and didn't completely miss a wide open guy in the endzone, so we settled for a fg. There were plenty of open receivers he missed.

He had an ok game. Wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing.

15. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

To Repeat :

Some here haven't exactly gotten the memo yet....

16. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

[​IMG]

Awesome, lol.

17. Braylon4ever

He's like "Hey Tampa. Why U Mad, Bro?"

18. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

I think Kellen took notes from the Baltimore game when the refs patted their players down.

19. Braylon4ever

Too bad nobody patted Hernandez down when he was a Pat. [​IMG]

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I would say it was a lot like an early Sanchez performance - some good moments, some bad moments, some WTF moments and some clutch at the end - everyone has become so down on Sanchez that they forget what it was like in the early part of his career with some great 4th down drives - people used to say in this forum(which some of the more vocal posters here were not around to read) "wow - you can never count the Jets out when down by a score anymore"

I though overall his performance was encouraging, but that is exactly what I used to think about Sanchez, so I am not yet ready to annoint him the saviour of the Jets, we can only hope he continues to improve as he did throughout the game.

He had no help from the running game but then Tampas run defense is very good so I dont think we can know too much about what we have there as yet.