Yahoo Sport: Former Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson sees no future for Mark Sanchez as a

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

LT really doesn't like teams once he leaves them. Good thing he has that Jets tatoo to always remember us by!

2. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

He said he thinks Cromartie is the player who called Tebow “terrible” and Bart Scott is the one who said that the Wildcat “won’t work” with the backup quarterback.

I don't see how that is throwing them under the bus. Someone said those things and he took an educated guess on who it was. He is an analyst that was with the team for 2 years. It is kind of what is expected of him. I thought Bart Scott was the one who said the WC won't work with the backup QB before L.T made his comments on who he thought said it. It just makes sense with his disdain for the WC.

I guess what I was asking for was quotes about former teammates that don't make any sense. If I am going to discredit his opinion and agree that he is only saying these things becasue he is bitter I need to see quotes that don't line up. So far everything I have read is true or makes sense to me.

I don't mind if people don't agree with what he said but to say he is only saying these things becasue he is bitter or couldn't score is so stupid. That is my main point.

He left after the 2011 season. What positives about 2012 do you want him to say?

#122 Testaverde, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Obviously . . .

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOLwhut again? He absolutely threw his ex-teammates under a bus--he may have made an educated guess but he was not there--so he took pot shots--educated or not.

Whether you believe it to be true or not, whether it "makes sense to YOU" is irrelevant.

He threw Cro and Bart under a bus. Whether you want to accept that or not. He's Tiki Barber.

That's the only thing you said I agree with.

He's bitter, but not because he didn't score.

He was bitter about how his career ended in SD and he's bitter about how his career ended up with the Jets.

This will not be the last pot shot he takes at the Jets that he has no personal knowledge of.

_

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yep, lost quite a bit of respect for him they way he started running his mouth about the Jets the moment he left. Definitely some bitterness for not getting the ring.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

LT's personality hasn't changed one bit over his entire NFL career. Everyone knew what the Jets were getting when he came to the Jets, and he was a good positive contributor. The fact that he's talking now shouldn't surprise anyone.

7. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Why the hate for LT?

He's just pissed at how we didn't get the ring..

Like all of us are.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMaOqwLZbes

He will always have my respect for this alone :metal:

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oMaOqwLZbes?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

#128 stinkyB, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This 'herd mentality' as you call it is another phrase for general consensus, of which you appear very allergic to.

Why isn't Ray Lewis coaching too?

I kind of agree about Geno, but apparently the Jets OC thinks that he is the best QB on the team, or at least the ones that are fit.
    I think if Geno Struggles, either Brady or Simms are in , your Senor Sanchez will be gone.

It doesn't matter how many times you keep spouting off about MS's victorious past, we all know and sadly remember, yes he did shine, ber be but that player has now disappeared and it doesn't look like he'll ever be back.
    BTW, he was far from perfect and got cut a lot of slack, being a rookie, then again the next year and year after, people have run out of patience and Mark has run out of ceiling.

You are a proper disgusting mindless little tit.

10. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good ol' speculation. NEXT.

12. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

We will just have to agree to disagree. If something is true or if it makes sense, I don't consider that throwing someone under the bus. When Rex and other members of the team said that Sanchez made a mental mistake when he buttfumbled, I didn't consider that as throwing Mark under the bus.

He was in the locker room for 2 years. He wasn't there when the anonymous comments about Tebow were made but I am sure he has a pretty good idea of how those guys felt about Tebow.

He has personal knowledge of those guys.

It is kind of like a character witness in a court room. They may not have been around when whatever situation the defendant is on trial for occurred but they are still asked questions about their experience with that person and if they would be capable of whatever. If there experiences with that person was bad and they share that, that is not throwing someone under the bus to me.

I can see how he was bitter with the way things ended in SD but I have yet to find a quote of his about Charger teammates or front office that wasn't true or didn't make sense. So it doesn't matter to me if he was bitter when he said that the Jets gave him his best shot at winning a Super Bowl. It was true. I haven't read or heard of any other negative comments regarding the Chargers that would discredit his opinion.

It is the same thing to me regarding his comments about Bart Scott and his assessment on Sanchez. I don't think he is saying those things just becasue he is bitter. It is his freaking opinion. I don't understand why people want to dismiss it based on the thought that he is bitter towards the Jets. Why? Because we missed the playoffs? Did he have a rift with Rex or Tannembaum?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Off topic, but...

Do you think the Jets are looking for Demarcus Ware?

(see what I did there?)

#133 abyzmul, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Charlie Kelly likes this.
  14. JStokes

You can agree to disagree all you want.

Again, whether YOU believe something to be true or whether YOU believe something makes sense is irrelevant.

LT threw his ex-teammates under the bus based on nothing more than speculation.

Even if he was THERE that year and HEARD Cro and Bart say those things it would have been throwing them under the bus.

But given that he wasn't even there makes it dooshier. He absolutely threw them under the bus and not because he didn't score that TD and not because he didn't win a SB. He's a bitter guy. That's my opinion based upon his statements about teams after he's left them. Sorry you don't agree with my opinion.

And I liked LT as a player and as a Jet.

_

15. JStokes

No, I am terribly hungover and I have to get up in 20 mins to drive up to URi.

So I do not see what you did there.

I will say that Ware probably started the downfall of Sanchez, but other than that, I got nothing.

Other than a massive headache.

_

16. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Whats ironic is out of all the locker room greats we had in 2009/10 ..the one who never slated us after leaving was Jason Taylor..,,,who would have bet on that happening,..

17. foreboding

foreboding Member

I think you all severely under-estimate how disjointed the Jets Offensive strategy has been. When offense is treated like a necessary evil, what do you expect. Rex is out of his element building and coaching offense. We will never know if Sanchez could have been good, he flashed some pretty great games, but it was never consistent. I think Geno looks like a potential head case.