NY Jets Twitter: Geno Starting Week 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 4, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

4 days until this statement is wrong

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I sure hope so man.

The way the AFC is set up, we could see 2009 all over again. ESPN's 6 worst teams are ALL in the AFC. 6 Teams make the playoff, that leaves 4 teams in the mid pack.

6 Worst teams in AFC
    6 Playoff teams in AFC
    4 average teams.

Can the Jets get some wins over the weak AFC? Sure why not, if a top offensive team with no defense can get into the playoffs then a top defensive team with no offense can get into the playoffs.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's cool that they did this via Twitter, not that I subscribe to Twitter.

Pretty much dissed the entire NYJ press corps by not doing it in a presser. :)

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no offense? seriously? marty has consistently fielded above average offenses but he is going to do nothing here? yeah, ok. marty is going to improve the offense just like rex improved the defense in 2008. now they wont jump to the top but they will move from bad to average.which should be good enough to be playoff contenders this december.
    get off the ledge bro, we took a step in the right direction today

5. n3putts

n3putts Member

Are you saying EJ Manuel is a better QB?

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

5 months later :lol: ...

[​IMG]

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOLwhut?

Just because Buffalo made a curious choice doesn't mean I think EJ is a better QB.

And who's to say EJ ISN'T better?

Not me, but it's not outlandish.

Hell, Geno might be the best QB in the 2013 draft but he might actually NOT be, no matter how much we may hope he is. The 2013 QB draft class was underwhelming, not sure how many of these guys are going to pan out.

_

#87 JStokes, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

8 months later...

[​IMG]

9. abyzmul

Why would he burn a Celtics jersey 5 months from now?

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Give Geno one half and you will be hearin Sanchez chants at Metlife stadium that's how bad this kid is gonna look

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

I can guarantee you, there will never be Sanchez chants again. No one wants him back. He is dont here, despite how Geno plays.

Also, why do you think Geno will play so poorly? Based off of 3 quarters of preseason play? Have you actually watched any college football on him? Have you seen the practices?

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said. I'm rooting for him big time. He is a Jet and that all it matters now. Lets give him our full support.

13. abyzmul

I don't think Smith will do well.

I think he's going to be exposed. I think he will make bad decisions, be bailed out by the defense a couple of times, but overall I think he will stink.

Then again, I like setting my expectations low in situations like this. I did that on opening day in 2009 and loved the surprise. I did the same the following week.

I'll take that kind of surprise on Sunday.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I assume you think Simms would, because we had no other choice. Hope this thread is proven woefully wrong by Sunday...Go Jets

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It was not an overly curious choice. Buffalo was not the only team rumored to favor EJ. I had him ranked higher than Geno come draft time. The one thing most of the regulars in the draft forum agreed o was that over all this was a piss poor QB class with some decent mid round guys but no true sure fire star. EJ has the higher up side, but Geno was seen as the safer of the two. Both could end up very good and both could bust out of the league. It will be fun to watch it all begin to play out week one.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think it was a curious choice how early he went. I don't disagree that EJ may have more upside than Geno, but considering how weak the QB class was--taking ANY QB that high was curious. My comment was more directed at how some thought Geno was a No. 1 pick or a top 10 pick. He never was.

_

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is worse than the Sanchez bashing in my opinion. THe Sanchez bashing comes from NFL play, predicting the Jets won't win any games with Geno is just acting like a jerk. We have NOOO idea what we are going to see and if it will be good enough to win a NFL game. You do forget we get to play the Bills twice, the Raiders, Titans, and etc and that you can win a game with your QB throwing 4/10.

Yeah, there's no need to report it when you can send out the news yourself. Also then all the reporters have to retween the Jets twitter account or acknowledge the Jets released the info and they didn't have it via their sources.

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Akili Smith 2.0..

I'm rooting for the Jets as I have for the past 23 years, but this was a waste of a pick.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

While you're hanging out there 2 years in the future, can you let me know the winning Powerball numbers for this week? I hear the pot is pretty big.

20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

All the Sanchez man-lovers have to root against Smith, because Smith finding even marginal success with the same sub-par cast that Sanchez looked like total dogshit with will be yet another illusion torn from Sanchez supporters("he didnt have the weapons!") . I expect Smith to make a couple of rookie mistakes but be decent overall - a huge upgrade.