Yahoo Sport: Former Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson sees no future for Mark Sanchez as a

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I disagree with Tomlinson. Being a starter and franchise QB are different things. I think once Mark is released in March, he will sign somewhere else. Get in another QB battle and have a shot at winning a starting job again.

2. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

He didn't leave the Chargers on good terms. That doesn't mean the things he is saying aren't true. That whole staff was gone shortly after that. It is one thing to just say things that are not true because you are bitter and another to say things that are accurate.

I don't disagree with Junc that L.T was bitter. I disagree with Junc that L.T says things that aren't true just because he is bitter or is making an excuse for not being able to score. Ridiculous! Every quote I have read so far seems like it is pretty accurate.

I am still waiting on a single quote that trashes a specific teammate. I don't ever remember any of that ever happening. Junc has made these claims that he trashes teammates for no good reason. Can anyone remember who he talked bad about and the gist of what was said?

It has been clear this whole offseason that the Jets were moving on from Sanchez. Had Garrard not been injured he most likely would have been cut. He was obliviously not the plan for the future.

#102 Testaverde, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

If you think he did good the first year or two. Your delusional.

Hes not much worse now then he was then. The difference is he was limited
    in the first two years making it appear to be not as bad as currently.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he has had one bad year, he good year 1, much better than good year 2, good year 3 and horrendous year 4.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't agree with what Tomlinson said, but I also don't see the reasoning behind saying he's throwing Sanchez under the bus because he didn't make it to the SB simply based on the San Diego situation.

He left under very bad circumstances in SD and it was nothing like how he ended up retiring.

Sorry, junc, but this reeks of you trying to discredit a source rather than simply disagreeing with him.

6. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I don't think L.T means that he will never start. I think what he means is that he will never be the unquestioned full time starter that he was with the Jets and be THE guy that is going to stick around.

Rex Grossman was a starter with the Redskins after stints with the Bears and Texans but it only lasted 1 season. I think Mark can do the same. Sanchez may end up starting somewhere else but just isn't going to be the guy for the next 2, 3 or whatever years. He may start somewhere but it won't last long much like Grossman.

#106 Testaverde, Sep 4, 2013
  7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...n_thinks_CDNcWxkRRjvGegK9JeSgVN#ixzz2CG4s2hy1

I think he threw Bart and Cro under the bus with no personal knowledge as to what was actually being said inside a lockeroom that he was no longer a part of.

He just seems like a bitter guy trying to make a name for himself as a talking head. Has a bit of Tiki Barber in him.

_

8. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Those quotes about Tebow came out of the same locker room he was a part of for 2 years. You don't think he would have a pretty good idea of who might of said those things?

Those things were said. L.T is was just giving his opinion on who he thought might have said those things. You guys really think he is just bitter and only saying that becasue he couldn't score from the Pitt 1? Or that he is just mad that Scott and Cro couldn't get them the ball back for a chance to win? Come on now.

He was a part of the locker room for 2 years. Who knows what he heard from those two? I know Scott hates the wildcat and that was the whole reason Tebow was brought in. L.T's thoughts on who said those things make sense. That isn't being bitter. That is making an educated guess.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Do you see any other former players from 31 other teams coming out and speaking the so called " Truth" on Tv shows,no I didn't think so.And now the latest Jet to do this shit is Bart Scott Mr.Media Boycott himself.Athlethes are the fakest people in the world .It just shows you that former Jet players have no respect for the orginazation.And why didn't LT come out and say this when he was with the team,He waits until he is far enough away to show his true colors

#109 LongIslandBlitz, Sep 4, 2013
  10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Yes actually.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/10/09/lt-lynch-dont-hold-back-with-former-teammates

Fox’s Lynch justifiably called out his ex-Denver teammate, Jay Cutler, for his infantile behavior, including pushing OT J’Marcus Webb during the Week Two Bears-Packers game to express his unhappiness.

Lynch wasn't being bitter he was speaking the truth. Look at what these guys are actually saying and judge based on that. Saying they are just bitter and making excuses for their failures is just an attempt to discredit a player that you disagree with.

#110 Testaverde, Sep 4, 2013
  11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

This is a HORRIBLE comparison.

Brees has been a stud in NO, but he was also very good in san diego, putting up pro bowl type numbers. he was still good in san diego, not a scrub like mark has been here

warner was only poor with NY... which was sandwiched between him being a probowler/SB QB in both STL and AZ.

Cutler has been a bit better in chicago, but really was the same guy in denver, and he had some big years in denver.

none of those guys stunk it up in one spot then were great elsewhere.

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

absolutely not.

year 1- awful bottom 5 terrible QB, arguably worst in football
    year 2 - bad qb, bottom 10.
    year 3 - below average, bottom 10-15 in football
    year 4 - awful, worst in football

he was never good. he was never even above average. he has been good awful his entire career

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

year 1: had 3-4 bad games which skewed his #s, was good majority of the season and very good in playoffs

year 2: top 10ish QB in the 8-12 range

year 3: mid of the pack- top 15 guy

year 4- bottom 5 if not the worst

we didn't have Walter Payton and the '85 Bears, we weren't good enough to overcome awful QB play to make 2 title games- can you guys ever just give him the slightest amount of credit?

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

As predicted last night, this is quickly turning into the "I Love Lucy" thread, Version 2.0.

Actually, more appropriately, the "Amo a Marco" thread.

15. NewYorkEveryThing

Sanchez 100% needs a "Fresh Start" somewhere else. Guy gets so frazzled that he just dumps the ball before he can get hit. When he was put in with the 3rd stringers, He actually scrambled and threw a couple nice passes. Mark is all about confidence. If the crowed gets on him or if he makes a bad pass, He just losses it and throws dumb ass passes or takes the sack right away. No confidence. Remember his first couple years? sometimes he looked as if he was crying inside.

16. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

Section 227, if you reread my post, you will see that I clearly stated that I was kidding. I have nothing but respect for LT, and tend to agree with his opinion. This is coming from someone who supported Sanchez much longer than the average Jets fan.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Has LT said anything positive about the Jets since leaving?

He whines like the head cheerleader of a high school team after being dumped by the starting QB.

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He'll probably get to a Super Bowl in his age 29-33 years.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I was kidding also! Actually, being sarcastic as hell. So we're on the same page!

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa- you can't change up the narrative now. You were asking for direct quotes by LT throwing teammates under the bus. He absolutely left the Chargers on bitter terms and he trashed Cro and Bart when he had NO personal knowledge about what he was speaking about. Direct quotes like you asked for. He's becoming Tiki Barber.

Btw, I think juncs bs about LT trying to cover up for not scoring is just silly.

_