Yahoo Sport: Former Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson sees no future for Mark Sanchez as a

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Hey Hobbes, if he's a media whore for expressing his views publicly doesn't that make you a message board whore? Oh wait, he does get paid for stuff....guess that makes us message board sluts since we just give it away :p

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

Yeah I'd say it helped. In spite of both QB's sure. That's what tore his knee up. Although Rivers comp percentage, touchdowns and QB rating were much higher. I'd say he did his share. They were putting up some mad points. If I had to guess who LT would want to go to war with it would between the two he might just argue that it had nothing to do with the QB's but the gameplan but would lean towards Rivers. He left San Diego because they were moving to a passing game. He wanted to go to where he could run after his injury. He felt like he was getting phased out. Obviously Sanchez was not a threat at passing so New York was the place to be. Plus that defense and special teams. It was a Great decision. His choice almost paid off.

But I would venture to say Rivers and Sanchez will never play in a Super Bowl. For many of the same reasons but having nothing to do with their talents or lack there of.

3. 1968jetsfan

Hobbes, Almost only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades.

That's like saying I was almost a millionaire, except I was 999,999.00 short.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

LT was finally able to beat the Patriots thanks to Sanchez playoff performance in New England.

5. 1968jetsfan

The one game Sanchez actually was very good in. One game in 6.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he's just not psychologically strong enough to start as QB in the NFL. Maybe he's just not accurate enough. None of us know Mark or his abilities well enough to know why he's so inconsistent.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Anyone that's yapping and moaning about LT ask yourself this, how many teams besides us would Sanchez legitimately BE a starter on right now anyway? Oakland, Minnesota, maybe Cleveland and Jacksonville? If you say just about any other team you're being a total homer. Plus the trend's more for mobile, athletic QB's anyway. You better be super-accurate if you're a pocket passer to survive in the NFL.

#47 NYJFan10, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

I asked the same thing about Sanchez teammates last two years. What teams would they be starters on? Almost all the folks he was throwing to last year were practice squad. Kinda puts a dent in a Qbs game don't ya think?

9. NYJFan10

He had enough talent around him until last year, and still had a scattershot-arm and was nothing special statistically in the regular season.

How many cases have there been recently of a top five pick washing out and then flourishing elsewhere? Jim Plunkett was 30 years ago, and he was a backup for a few years. Vinny was 15-20 years ago and he was a backup for a while too. Other than that? Historically, he's right. Top picks will get a few years and if they wash out usually are never heard from again (David Carr, for example - and he had a lot less to work with than Sanchez). Everyone would rather draft their own guy instead of trying someone else's retread.

#49 NYJFan10, Sep 4, 2013
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No way would he start on Cleveland or Jacksonville. I doubt Oakland or Minnesota would prefer him over their young QB's either.

I could see him being a starter again as a bridge to a rookie QB where he gets benched at some point in the season when they feel the rookie is ready. LT is only a HOF player who was in the huddle with Sanchez for two seasons. He's just an average fan.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Keller ended up starting for the Phins until he got hurt

Holmes could start for almost every team in the league

Kerley see above

Shonn Greene could've started for the Packers last year

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what is there to say "holy cow" about? the quote is actually pretty tame especially coming from an excuse maker like LT who has thrown everyone under the bus.

I trust Bart Scott's words more, he gets it:

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

except for the little fact that Holmes barely played, keller playe da little more but was never healthy. kerley is a fine 3rd or 4th option, he was our #1 option.

No QB would have succeeded a year ago w/ the talent we had

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sadly for JAX, I think their QB situation may even be worse than the JETS.
    So JAX, and maybe Oakland. Personally I think christian Ponder sucks too (based on FSU) but the jury's out on that one still.

As we all know there's a myriad of reasons for the Sanchez implosion, but the current product is what we should be concerned with now.

In regards to LT, he was a GREAT player (granted he was past his prime during his brief tenure here) but he wasn't here to milk a paycheck. That guy gave 110% and will always have my respect for that alone.

#54 stinkyB, Sep 4, 2013
  15. NYJFan10

Just because they changed Sanchez's receivers around in Year 3 doesn't mean he didn't have weapons then too. Holmes was a legit starting receiver, Burress was at least a red-zone target. Mason/Kerley were meh as slot guys and Keller was still healthy. Not great weapons but not replacement-level guys where you should have 30 turnovers either.

Last year and last year only was the talent replacement level. But that still doesn't excuse Sanchez's customary INT's to d-linemen on screen passes.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What LT is saying is pretty much common sense. Where is Sanchez going that he would be an improvement and where they would be willing to pay him starter money? Nowhere, when he leaves the Jets he will get a job as a backup and maybe if things work out take over the starter job down the road.

17. The 1985er

The question was which teammate from the last 2 years could start on other teams. Obviously it goes without saying when it comes to health.

Btw how do you know that "No QB would have succeeded a year ago w/ the talent we had" can you really prove it?

18. BookEndTackles 72&79

Just because you Sanchez nut huggers repeat the same mantra about weapons doesn't make it true. They seem to never acknowledge the fact that no matter what weapons he had he still fumbled the ball. He missed open receivers and had questionable accuracy. Still can't read a blitz/rush/defense. Dips his head when the rush comes at him and takes unneccesary sacks. Useless pump fakes. Throws into double and triple coverage. Drops snaps. Can't throw a screen pass. All of this is on him and him alone. Please try and explain how any of his massive shortcomings has anything to do with the weapons around him??

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

People are complaining at the title rather than reading what he is saying. If you actually read it, it says that most teams give a qb 3 or 4 years and move on.

He has not shown enough these last 2 seasons to give anyone the idea that he can actually be an effective starter especially over other alternatives that other teams have. It is very rare for a team to stick with a QB for more than that after they played poorly, I think the only one that I can think of is Alex Smith on San Francisco.

20. The 1985er

And even with Alex he had issues with injuries, so that's why they stuck with him that long. Sanchez has been fairly healthy for 4 years.