Yahoo Sport: Former Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson sees no future for Mark Sanchez as a

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I thought this could use it's own thread because a player...er former player actually put their name to it! Holy Cow!!!

Article is here

That's a HUGE vote of "No-Confidence" coming from a guy like Tomlinson:

Wowser...that's about as bad as it gets to being thrown under the bus.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's not like he's wrong though.

Speaking of LT, I'm about to watch the "Football Life" of his, which is new. I can't wait for the Jets section of that.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

LT speaks true.

4. mezzavo

That's on tonight?? Shoot...I better get the dvr working...

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I could care less what LT's thoughts are,Hes become a media whore and trys to get attention by throwing the Jets under the bus every chance he gets,I honestly hope he loses his eyesight

6. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Yes & No.

There are a lot of Matt Leinarts & Ryan Fitzpatricks out there. But there are some Drew Brees/Kurt Warner/Jay Cutler types that don't work out in one spot, but go on to eventually work out in another too. Look at Jim Plunkett, man.

So, I think Sanchez will likely not be a starter here beyond 2013, if even that.

But, I could also see him turn it around down the line & latch on somewhere else. He's still pretty young.

7. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler hasn't worked out anywhere. Actually, he was better in Denver.

9. dco20

dco20 New Member

True Homerism. Speaking the truth is throwing the team under the bus??? Can you please face reality?

10. mezzavo

11. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

The Jets ruined the kid. One year starting in college, no matter the stage and then start year one in New York?

Sure the first year or so where good. But than the Jets completely forgot about the offense. Bad systems, terrible cast members. Even still there are question marks at RB, WR, and TE, RT. A real mess.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

In the AM, expect this thread to be bombarded by Sanchez apologists and excuse-makers with remarks that castigate, denegrate and impugn LT. I expect to see everything from "sour grapes" to "he doesn't know football QBs very well."

Anyone who says anything about El Guapo is immediately intellectually dishonest or has an axe to grind. It's incredible. The man walks on water. "Two playoff appearances," etc., etc. This thread lights up in the morning with extreme hatred for LT now.

13. NYJalltheway

Nothing better than having a drunk gf that won't shut up, pretty much forcing me to miss this. Man I wish I had DVR here.

14. Section 227. Row 5

DVR is the best invention since the wheel. Thomas Edison isn't squat compared to the guy who invented DVR.

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

How many times did Sanchez throw the ball behind him or at LT's feet to where he had to contort his body in a way to catch it and stay on his feet. Or not catch it and get up frustrated. LT saw enough of Sanchez before he retired. He isn't saying anything new or anything we all haven't thought of already. Between working with Rivers and Sanchez I think he has a pretty good idea what it takes to be a franchise QB.

I tend to agree with him. The cast that was here the first two years is gone. No run game, no passing game, although this may sound unfair based on those reasons Mark could never put this team on his back. For many reasons. For him to go somewhere else start over and make a comeback of sorts after being slapped around for so long I don't see it.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Oh no. LT is a lying MFer who doesn't know squat. He's not qualified to provide evaluation of QBs. Sanchez walks on water and don't you forget it.

17. mezzavo

It will be on again...Actually, once it has aired you probably can find it online. Maybe even YouTube.

18. NYJalltheway

haha right though?

My mom has DVR, and she hardly uses it ever, so I like to when I visit there, but I'm unfortunately not over there tonight.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

LT is an average fan who focuses on fantasy football statistics.

:lol:

20. NYJalltheway

Oh I know ma.n. You can definitely count on NFL Network to replay things over, and over again, worse than MTV, or the Game Show Network.

Funny thing is, I enjoy watching the "America's Team" series, (besides the Patriots ones) so I'd like to see the new one of the Ravens from last year, but for some reason they aren't replaying it any time in the next few days. Oh well.. I'm sure it will be on 435 more times.