Really ESPN....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FlightBoys, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that our schedule is so tough early on (and easier later in the season). I really like watching these rankings change each week, and it would be nice to see a steady progression upward throughout the season.

I can only hope.

EDIT: anyone remember this? http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2010/week/7

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They may be quicker on D, but alot less experienced. The O Line looks like it's not as good as last year, and they were not good last year.

Rookies don't jump in and play great right away most of the time. I think the Jets will definitely have growing pains this year and will not have as good a record as last year.

The Jets are a team in transition, and going younger will pay off next year more likely than this year with the young guys gaining experience.

Just for the record, I certainly don't think they will only win 2 games. I'm thinking 5.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

2010 was a lot of fun. I really started to think the Jets could win the Super Bowl. Then at (9-2), they went to Foxboro and got destroyed 45-3 and that thought went out the door. Then they went to the playoffs, defeated Peyton Manning and the Colts, returned to Foxboro and this time came out with a victory. I felt that was a tougher match-up than the Steelers, so I knew it was finally meant to be, that the Jets were returning to the Super Bowl. Then they didn't show up for the first half at Heinz Field. Tough. Still a very fun season.

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I hope we're that terrible this year, I hate to root for loses but being terrible this year could really set us up for the future. Guys like Clowney or Teddy could literally turn this franchise around. Although, the only problem is I dont see how we're worse than the Raiders or Jags.

5. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

We are not worse than the Raiders or Jaguars. We will not be getting Clowney or Bridgewater. Therefore, no reason to root for losses.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't think folks at ESPN are collectively against the Jets. If this is what they believe so be it. But I seriously question how the heck they can be employed at a place like ESPN

If I did such a bad job and presented a bullshit analysis to my higher ups, I would be out the door in a second. How come those morons are employed by ESPN?

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

The reality is, even if we win week one, we will stay on the bottom with a comment like "Jets flew high in opener... Expect them to come down to Earth shortly with short week vs. Pats"

We would have to go 4-0 to start getting any respect.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bulletin board material for Rex. The Jets are going to be playing with a huge chip on there shoulder this year.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Stopped reading when you said the O line looks like it's not as good as last year's. You kinda told me all I need to know. Carry on.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This still isnt true, althought 1 and 2 are ideal. At 3 you're in line to get an impact guy like Watkins or Lee, who ultimately make any QB you start that much better. Being toward the bottom of the league, in a stacked draft, is WAY better than being 8-8 and getting yet another marginal player.

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

We could theoretically start 3-1. Beat, Tampa, loss to the Pats, beat a bad Buffalo team and beat an average Titan team.

However, that stretch of Atlanta, Pitt, New England, Cinci, New Orleans...YEESH. If we walk away 2-3 from that I'd be happy. More likely it'll be 1-4.

That said, we then get a bye to reassess and then weeks 11-17 are against average to weak teams. 8-8, 9-7 are within reach if we catch a break or two. I think if we're around .500 at the bye we'll be in decent shape.

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Very simply Jets = headlines/stories/views/discussion. Saying the Jags, Raiders, Browns, Titans, or Cardinals will suck and no one cares. if the Jets were in Buffalo or Miami you would hear about a solid young core on defense, a maturing Stephen Hill, an upgraded rushing attack, but in NY you get this.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We made the list?

14. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Is it really this bad? They are clearly not the best team by a mile, but it's odd the way the Jets are portrayed by the media. I don't have high hopes for this team, but I refuse to believe the Jets are this bad. Historically over the past ten years the Jets haven't been this bad. I refuse to believe it.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Isn’t it better if they don’t see us coming? Not that we are actually going that far this year but hey if a team wants to overlook us that can only help us. Who cares about media rankings? It’s not the standings.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Only thing I disagree with is that Oakland is rated to high. Other than that it's about right.

17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Not sure what you expected from ESPN...

I wonder if we go 2-0 these next two games what they would have us ranked... Probably 31

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We'd still be ranked 32nd.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yayyy!!!!!!

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

We already knew this. It's not new, it's an absolute joke based on what these analysts want to see, not what will actually happen. "Durrr, except Wilkerson, there is absolutely nothing good about the team". Too funny. Worst in the league is a joke. I could see them putting us bottom 1/3 of the league, but come on. We are far from the worst. Lots of analysts will be proven wrong this year, and it's going to be funny how angry they get. They are a bunch of egotistical idiots, nothing more. Nobody finishes dead last with a top 5 defense, sorry.

#40 Barcs, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013