NYD News: Holmes returning week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ajetsfan4ever, Sep 3, 2013.

1. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/jets-insider-santonio-ready-takeoff-article-1.1444063

Santonio Holmes looked good Monday, participating in practice and running routes. Holmes has repeatedly cautioned that “looks can be deceiving,” but at least one of his teammates, Stephen Hill, believes Holmes will be on the field against the Buccaneers on Sunday.

“I think so,” Hill told the Daily News. “Yeah. I mean, he was practicing today, so...”

Rex Ryan would not speak to the possibility of Holmes playing in Week 1, saying he will address the injuries on Wednesday.

Holmes has continued to talk down his rehab progress, painting a bleak picture. Despite that, the wide receiver has appeared well on his way to recovery, running routes before preseason games and even jogging through the locker room Monday. Holmes suffered a severe Lisfranc injury last season.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This is just a sneaky ploy to get Revis covering a decoy #1 WR.

Keep an eye out for Rex calling the Crippled Shotgun formation early in Q1.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I still love how Holmes pwned the media

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yep, and they are so bitter about it. Gee, it's not as fun when Rex Ryan doesn't give you answers about anything is it? The media brought it on themselves. They bash the team for everything, and in return expect honest answers. I'm happy he's dodging all of their questions.

BUT WAIT!? I THOUGHT HOLMES WAS AFRAID OF REVIS???? :lol:

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

have been saying this from day 1