2013 Week 1 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Because you are doing a terrible job trolling. We appreciate clever trolls who can stick to a trolling method that is funny and we appreciate opposing fans who come here to post football and understand their opinions have to be well formed and unbiased in enemy territory.

You on the other hand are listing stats from 2012 and telling us Revis isn't on the team anymore but he is 100% magically healthy from ACL without seeing him play an NFL game. You aren't really brining anything to the table we haven't discussed here already, Doug Martin, our inexperienced QB, and our offense.

Instead you post questions about the 2012 season where the Bucs were only 1 game better than the Jets and think it implies anything abut the 2013 game coming up.

And hashtags are for twitter. Your mission was to get Jets fans angry you aren't bringing any football discussion to the board? Congratulations, but you probably succeeded at post #3.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I feel a lot less confident now that it appears Mark will not be ready and we are rushing a not ready rookie. I am confident marty can come up w/ a gameplan for Geno to be successful but we better run it and play good defense.

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

All stats, logic and analysis aside, I want to win this opener more than any I can recall. After all the media hype on how bad we will be, nothing would make me happier than a few days of sport 'guru' backtracking.

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yea and then proceed to get annihilated in front of a national audience against the Patriots.

5. nyjunc

worry about week 1 not week 2

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Probably but it might be beneficial for us coming off a short week if they are still without Gronk and if we win the first game and have a bit of momentum. I mean, odds are we get spanked but the short week might actually benefit us. Especially if they get a few more bumps and bruises than we do.

7. Jay Bizniss

This I can agree with but they play the Bills Week 1. They aren't gonna get dinged up that game.. If they were opening against the Broncos/Ravens/Steelers/Colts, and then had to play us 4 days later I would say we have a shot..

But lets just focus on this game like Junc has so kindly suggested.

8. Jay Bizniss

With Geno as the starting QB, do you think they announce the Offense at the game on Sunday? Seeing as he is our new franchise QB... I sort of think they have to no?

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy crap its like the same old story in a new thread.

i came in here to see what tampa brings to the table. what does their d line, lbs, cornerbacks look like at this point. where could they be susceptible?

what kind of game plan may they have, predominantly running? or freeman trying to break out. where is their weakness in the line? who are their wrs?

you know game discussion stuff, not mark sanchez is better than freeman. give that shit a rest and talk about what the game could look like, specifically the team we are facing, as there is an entire message board about the jets strengths and weaknesses.

10. nyjunc

yes, the crowd will go bonkers when he is announced then the crowd will boo like crazy w/ his first TO. I hope he is mentally tough enough to handle it, this isn't college anymore.

11. Jay Bizniss

They weren't booing when he was tossing interceptions against the Giants.. We understand its going to take some time... I think most fans are just happy that somebody new is out there...

12. nyjunc

It was a Giant home game filled w/ mostly Giant fans- they were cheering wildly.

13. Jay Bizniss

Well, I will be there Sunday and will report back on what I hear. Haha

14. nyjunc

I'm there every week, I can easily predict what will happen with the fans.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If the Jets want to be any good this season, this is one they GOT to have.

-At home against a mid-level team, could go either way. These are games "good" teams win and cellar dwellers lose. Games like this are ones that people forget at the end of the year, but make or break where you are sitting in December.

Throw in the fact that they have a short week afterwards and could easily be 0-2 in the blink of eye. They have to have this one.

Rex has been under some scrutiny, but he'd go a long way towards quelling some of the criticisms if he has this team prepared sunday. One thing I will say about him - his teams are usually well prepared early in the year. 3-1 in his career on week 1. Hopefully that trend continues.

16. nyjunc

3-1 in openers w/ the lone loss by 1 point.

First qtrs. of seasons under Rex: 10-6

2009: 3-1
    2010: 3-1
    2011: 2-2
    2012: 2-2

first 3 games: 8-4

2009: 2-1
    2010: 2-1
    2011: 2-1
    2012: 2-1

first 2 games: 7-1

2009: 2-0
    2010: 2-0
    2011: 2-0
    2012: 1-1

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Well, good point.

For the record not wishing injury on any of them, as much as I hate the Pats I couldn't do that. I wouldn't be upset if anyone did get injured but that's not the same thing...right?

18. Jay Bizniss

Nope you are good.. I don't wish injury on anybody either, but it if happens........

19. Jay Bizniss

Anyone know if they are wearing white on Sunday? They did last year's opener against the Bills...

20. nyjunc

I would assume so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.