"Official" Start Matt Simms thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 29, 2013.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Quinn as looked like shit with every team, which not only explains why there have been so many teams, but also why he was available and not even on one to begin with.

This is the guy they bring in, they definitely don't want anyone to outplay or look better than Smith. I think they would be scared to start Simms after how he has played.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They upgraded the 4th string QB. It's not too difficult to understand.

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

seriously. i mean, were was the uproar when we signed Rontez miles to the practice squad? that dude is a uber scrub, yet no uproar?

quinn was a depth move for a team whose starter is out week 1, whose starter for week 1 missed time with an ankle injury, and whose only other qb was undrafted.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

If Mark isn't going to be healthy enough to start the season, which it's looking more and more like that, I would 100% give Simms the reigns.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Quinn is the caboose, just like mcElroni would have been, if he had proven worthy of a roster spot. Too bad you are too butthurt to realize it.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the team showed how impressed they were by bringing in Brady Quinn.

Simms showed he can be a 3rd stringer for now, nothing more.

Simms is a nice story, he's not starting nor does he deserve to start. Unfortunately we are rushing as rookie who isn't ready but we don
    't have anyone who is ready to start week 1 w/ Sanchez being hurt.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He deserves to start just as much as Geno. He had a better preseason, if you wanna play that card.

8. nyjunc

did Simms work with the 1's most of TC?

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It's understandable for the Jets to see what they have in the rookie they invested a 2nd round pick in over an undrafted QB.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So who is the first week starter?
    Sanchez is injured, Quinn is a newbie, so it's between Smith and Simms. I find it very telling that Jets have not named the starter yet. Even BSPN's "gurus" can just speculate. I have a day off and can listen and all they are saying for the past 4 hours is that "Geno Smith is presumably starting against Tampa".

It seems that there at least a serious consideration in the FO to start Simms.

11. nyjunc

there is absolutely no way Simms even has a chance to start unless Geno is injured and even then Quinn would probably start despite just being picked up.

Geno is starting barring another injury.

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

And you're basing this opinion on what exactly?

13. nyjunc

logic. Trust me, matt Simms is not in the running to start on Sunday.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Not good enough. Sorry, junc, but after reading your relentless defense of Sanchez, I don't trust you and don't believe in your "logic".

Note also that I'm not saying that Simms will (or will not for that matter) start. The fact that starter is not named yet tells me that FO is considering Simms.

15. nyjunc

Just like the Sanchez debates I know what I am talking about.

If they thought Simms could start they wouldn't have brought Quinn in here. The wait was about Sanchez's health and nothing more. Geno is starting, Simms was never considered and rightfully so.

16. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

I concur :beer:

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When you see a lunatic running around naked with a bloody machete, don't bother asking where he got the weapon.

Just run.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013...buccaneers-geno-smith-to-start-at-quarterback

Looks like Geno will be the starter. Haven't seen confirmation, but it's far more likely than Simms. You don't just give QBs starting jobs for having a good preseason. Otherwise Mcelroy would have gotten the job 2 years ago. We all saw how he translated to an actual NFL game vs the 1s. Unless Simms played with the 1s you can't make a logical argument that he should start.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

There is no way Rex starts the season with Simms as his QB and his job on the line based solely on a few preseason games. In fact it would be ludicrous for him to do so. What we should want from Rex is a willingness to put him in if Smith is horrendous.

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That statement is utter ridiculous speculation and bull.

The one thing I don't see anyone talking about on here is getting answers to "how bad is Geno's wheel?"

We know Mark is out...if Geno is not progressing well with his leg then they could absolutely start Simms and have brought Quinn in as a backup. Yet again, another example of not taking into consideration everything and looking at the 30,000 ft. view of things.

To be QUITE honest, the fact that they haven't named a starter is VERY telling. It can really only be one of two things. There are concerns with Geno's health and/or they are trying to confuse the Bucs' and not letting them dial in on any one QB.