The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I never said it was going to happen. I just didn't agree with the "regardless how Geno plays" we're going QB round 1 or 2 next year comment.

2. Petey

Petey Active Member

The only way the Jets don't go QB next year is if Geno plays so well that Rex gets to keep his job because the Jets were 8-8 or better.

I suppose there's a very slight chance that even if (when) Rex gets fired, the new coach might love Geno Smith... but I doubt it.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Does no one give a crap about sample size? We have people claiming Geno isn't ready based off three quarters of his first pro game ever. Meanwhile Mark has been a bottom 5 QB for two years now. What purpose does moving forward with a guy who can't separate himself from a rookie in a QB competition serve?

4. GangGreenFan1984

GangGreenFan1984 New Member

Haha, awesome.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Geno is another one of the Jets 7 year projects they seem to love to draft guys like this, Sanchez-never developed Joe Mcknight -never developed, Kyle Wilson-Never developed, Vernon Gholston- never developed ,Stephen Hill- Remains to be seen ,Geno Smith- another waste of time by the Jets ,this list goes on n on

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If the Jets win more than 3 games they have no shot at Bridgewater and will be selecting the other guys. Do you trust this team to draft the right other guy?

7. BroadwayAaron

There's always a few people that think this kind of argument holds any sort of weight whatsoever.

Demario Davis, Mo Wilk, Kenrick Ellis, Coples, Powell, Mangold, Brick, Harris. All guys that have either panned out extremely well or have shown plenty of promise and are on their way to working out.

See how easy that was to refute? Bad bad argument.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Clarification, Sanchez has never been above a bottom 1/4 of the league QB in any of his seasons.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

what the hell you mean he cant separate. He did just that. I seriously cant believe the delusion from forum members here. Is the Sanchez hate so strong that you cant see he out played Geno? Seriously, WTF. Did you not watch the Giants game. How can you not see Geno is complete shit as of right now?

10. BroadwayAaron

He separated by about a pubic hair. He was still the same old Sanchez. Zero pocket presence, awful decision making, mediocre at best in terms of ball placement. He BARELY beat out a rookie. And you're talking to ME about delusion?

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

i'm glad we can finally agree...

12. BroadwayAaron

You left out "barely" which is a huge factor, but cute.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the point is that you finally said it. Let's move on.

14. NFL

NFL Active Member

He beat out a raw 2nd round rookie who has barely ever lined up under center. Meanwhile he's a 5 year pro.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ok...

16. BroadwayAaron

Whatever floats your boat. Fact still remains that he's in his 5th year and couldn't do enough to end a QB competition besides sit on the sideline and watch his counterpart throw three interceptions. Mark made just as terrible decisions. Ansah pick? Red zone INT? Blowing a shot to score at the end of the half against Jax?

If you need to win an online debate (which you created, this was never my point) for personal satisfaction then hey congrats, you won.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Absolute BS again.

With Sanchez under center the OFFENSE looked serviceable.

With Geno under center the OFFENSE looked "out of order."

As for your original point, it is redundant and has been dealt with time and time and time again. It's old.

The whole point of what i've been saying is to say Geno isnt ready. No fanboy glasses on either. To say like you did original that Sanchez didn't separate was just stupid. Again, with Sanchez under center the OFFENSE looked serviceable. With Geno under center the OFFENSE looked "out of order."

The fact remains that Sanchez is the best QB on this team.

No need to debate time and time again bringing up the same crap over and over on this forums. It gets old. So with that im done talking.

The REAL game one is on Sunday. Let it begin.

[​IMG]

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

at this point in time sanchez maybe the best qb on the roster. you are probably right about that.
    however he isn't that much better to believe he is the long term answer. is geno? we don't know. but we need to know.
    so sanchez > smith yes
    sanchez > smith plus his potential no
    idzic is not trying to build team to win now, that was his predecessor. idzic is building a team to win for a while.starting sanchez does not move this team forward

19. BroadwayAaron

For as long as you keep bolding shit to make it look like I said something I didn't, you aren't worth talking to.

20. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

This is the concept most people are thinking - the Jets don't have a great shot at getting to the playoffs. I think it's a lock to say the Pats will win the division for the 11th time out of 12 years, which means the Jets (at best) are relegated to competing for a wild card spot with the likes of Cinci/Balt/Pitt, Indy, Miami, etc ...

Alot would have to go right for a shot at the playoffs and I don't think I am being subject to hyperbole when I say ALOT. Therefore, even if the Jets started Sanchez he would deserve a short leash. If they go 0-4 to open up the season, I say he should be pulled from there on out. The Jets know what they have in Sanchez (or more accurately - what they DON'T).

Does anybody see a scenario in which Sanchez is on the roster next year on opening day?

If the Jets start in a hole like that, what would be the downside to getting Geno some experience for next year when Idzik will have more of what he wants on the team whether that be a new head coach or not ... he will have more money to spend and draft picks to use since he was paying the price for the sins of Mike Tannenbaum this year.

just my point of view