The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

C'mon bro... Cowboys offense ranked 29th, passing 20th and running 18th...

Those are not great passing numbers by any stretch. Did you watch Romo help lose the game against us?

Plz don't compare if Sanchez had Bryant, Witten, and Austin he'd be a prolific passer no doubt. Sanchez plays with bottom Wrs and running backs who couldn't catch a cold. To make things worse the only real threat he had Keller was hurt all year, so was his primary Wr.

No way you can compare, they are surrounded polar opposite talent. Also Sanchezs oline is nothing to brag abt if you want to take it there. C'mon no more Espn stories....

2. azhar80

Btw out Austin, Bryant, and Witten only one had below a 1000 yards receiving.

Austin had less than a 1000 yards, he only had 943!

I think Kerley had over 800.

Also who wouldn't take D. Murray over Greene last year...

Now let's talk abt Sparano... Never mind

3. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

But Romo has passed for over 4000 yards 3 of the last 4 years. Could Sanchez do that?

Keller, Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery represent a good set of pass catchers too

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like it's going to happen, eh?

I support the kid - since he's a Jet. Hell, I supported Gayson Taylor when he donned Green and White for crying out loud. Does that mean I expect him to do well? Quite the contrary - I trust my eyes on this one. I have never seen a QB whose fundamentals were WORSE than Nachoman.

5. azhar80

4000 is good no doubt, but over 3000 to those 3 receivers.

Do I think Sanchez could Pass for 4000 yards with Witten, Austin, and Bryant? Absolutely.

Keller, Edwards, Holmes are ok but not as talented the Cowboys receivers. I didn't mention Cotchery as much as I respect and loved him here hes a good hands possession guy, but not as talented the other wrs.

Forget abt comparing the Jets wrs to the Cowgirls. Question is there a better tandem than Austin, Bryant, and Witten? I think only Atlanta can compare.

Jets best receiving core never played a full season, and never played more than a season together. Sanchezs best season came with Holmes and PlasStico Burress!

6. azhar80

Also lets play role reversal...

How many yards does Romo throw for with the likes of Cumberland, Hill, and Kerley? Don't forget that great threat in the backfield S. Greene...

I seen one starter play for us recently besides Sanchez and didn't last 5 quarter's. Our Line was poor.

Now let's talk abt Sparano... Never mind

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Lol trust me bro, I know too much about Sparano!

I think you make some fair points. Romo's success can be in part attributed to the skill position players such as TO, Witten, Austin, Dez Bryant, etc ... but I have always been impressed watching him make big time throws (that's just me).

Put Romo in Sanchez's situation and I bet he struggles to a great degree but still has some success ... i could be wrong though, but I have always thought Romo is a great QB who just cannot get it done in the clutch for the most part. He is a great stat producer in the regular season.

Sanchez seems to be the opposite. Dreadful at times during the regular season, but has always played well in the playoff games.

Between the 2 of them, I will take Romo everyday although I don't think I would have been so quick to do so if Sanchez had continue to play at the level he showed during his second season.

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

If you argument is that Sanchez sucked because he didn't have the weapons, it doesn't make sense you'd want to start him. He still doesn't have the weapons. Most people understand he would suck regardless, since he doesn't have the weapons, can't we all agree he should be cut?

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

imo dont wanna bash sanchez or something , but Romo is 10 times better then sanchez he has a qb vision of the game and he had the worst o line ive seen and still avoids sacks and its one of the throwers i like most even tho he takes some risk throws like sanche does xd aside from brees and rodgers i could hand over my franchise to guys like romo or matt ryan easily.

10. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Peyton Manning was the biggest choker until he wasn't, Romo is a hell of a QB, anyone who thinks Sanchez is anywhere near his league is completely out of touch with reality.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be optimistic until I have no reason not to be. Geno has the physical tools and the work ethic to go along with his natural ability. In my mind he's our franchise QB. He's gonna be good for us.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

No announcement has been made yet because the JETS are wishing Sanchez will get better just in time to start him week 1.

Anonymous sources can say w/e the F they want but its really strange its taking this long just to say whos starting dont you think?

You guys can keep doing the stupid comparison and bringing up 2-3 yr old stats as if it matters today but the fact remains that Sanchez is currently the best QB on this here roster going into week 1.

If Geno gets the starting job it would not be because hes the best, it will be because the the real starter is injured.

13. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

yeah imo i think he will be better then people expect him to be.

14. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

interesting. i guarantee i watched more of geno smith play college ball than either of you. if he amounts to anything more than a career backup I will come out and say i was wrong. but he absolutely will not. hes not the answer, if he was any great shakes SOME TEAM would have surely taken a flyer on him before we picked him in the early second. to answer your question I'd start simms before throwing geno to the wolves when hes clearly so not ready

15. Frenbar

That depends on what the question is. If you are looking for a QB who isnt going to lead the league in turnovers the next 4 years, he very well might be the answer. The bar isn't just set low here, its been put on the ground and run over with a steamroller.

16. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

im sorry if i sound like a troll and that im so negative but i never wanted smith and never liked his game at WVU, never thought it translated to the NFL. the one thing i said going into the draft was just please dont take geno smith whatever happens, and thats exactly what the jets did. I think theres a damn good reason he slipped so far. I hope to hell he proves me wrong and if and when he does I'll say I was entirely wrong. but I cant see it and I CERTAINLY cant see it if hes thrown into the fire week 1 against Revis for gods sake when hes as green as he is

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Matt Schaub... ect were all passed over for some reason. Some werent big enough, some didnt have the arm talent, some werent developed enough, but these players have overcome what many saw flaws of or some have simply been coached to play around those flaws. As you said, Geno was passed over and lasted 39 picks. Just because of that it doesnt mean he cant overcome those flaws that teams saw. Im not saying he will be one of those type QBs, but give him a chance beore you write him off.

18. azhar80

Bam, game, set, match! In other words I agree

19. Frenbar

If you guys really cared about Sanchez, you'd want to spare him the humiliation of taking snaps in front of a crowd. How do you think he will feel getting booed off the field on opening day, interception after interception? At least now he can use the excuse of the injury as to why he was shunted off to the refuse pile. Let the man sulk off into the sunset with his suitcase full of money from the Jets with what little dignity he has left.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Note the date and time.

"Sanchez sucks" thread has slipped off page 1.