The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

They can cut both punters if Sanchez goes there

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

why would Sanchez go there? Rogers pretty much will be the starting QB till hes grey.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The difference is that R Wilson's college metrics screamed elite NFL QB. The only limiting measurable there was his height, which has turned out to be a non-issue. The rate of his growth as an NFL QB was really quite amazing and I doubt Geno can replicate that because his metrics, on the other hand, scream NFL bust. I hope this is not true and the system is not an absolute perfect predictor of future performance but it is what the metrics indicate and more often them not they are pretty spot on.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

congrats on becoming my new sig

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Sanchez could also be more hurt than they're letting on.

6. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

He would have no choice if traded? Would ANY team trade for Sanchez to make him the starter?

7. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Further questioning Rex's decision put Sanchez in the game. I like Rex but his lack offensive knowledge and that piss poor decision his ass will see the street even if the team wins

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez is gonna be on the roster this season it's ridiculous to think otherwise ,If we coulda cut him this past spring we would have but it didn't make sense then and makes even less sense now.Regardless of cap reasons alone this is still Rexs team and Idzik is a newcomer who doesn't have the kind of power fans seem to think he does.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sanchez's injury issue is starting to remind me of Brett Favre at the end of the 2008 season

10. Ghost of 69

Ghost of 69 Guest

This whole Geno thing is gonna be a total crap shoot. Nobody knows how hes gonna perform. Rex didnt want him, Idz did, thereby mucking up rex's plans to have an unpressured chez, with mcE in back-up. If geno's gonna be the great hope...lets just hope he doesnt follow in the steps of other highly touted qb drafts like...JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Art Schlichter, Rick Mirer, Pat Sullivan, Matt Leinart, Todd Blackledge, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Tim Couch, Heath Shuler, Akili Smith. All were great in college and touted as "future team saviors"

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're a friend of Rex and Idzik?

12. Ghost of 69

Ghost of 69 Guest

no...not a friend of either...just wanting a decent season with a glimmer of hope. >fingers crossed<

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How are you familiar with what each of them wanted if you don't have a personal relationship with them?

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

it's not ridiculous, it would have been pointless in the spring because he was getting paid. now he is sunk cost. it may be worth it too pay him for not being around. if it makes for a quieter season that is

15. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

in other news water is wet and bears shit in the woods. gonna be an ugly game vs darelle and co.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The problem with Geno is that there is a limited live game sample size. You can't judge him off his one game with the Giants. Geno has much more experience than Sanchez did coming in in 2009, I think he'll be alright. Game 1 will be tough, but after that we have 3 weak defensive opponents in a row. That could potentially be good for Geno developing and grasping the offense. There's always the off chance that Simms starts, but I don't see it happening.

17. BleedGreen89

for all of your sanchez homering i have to agree with you. there is a reason smith fell as far as he did. No one should think there isnt

18. BleedGreen89

it would be one thing if geno just made a few bad plays but otherwise looked good vs the giants, but his mechanics were just brutal. watching him drop back was painful. it wasnt just the interceptions, it was that he looked like he didnt even belong on the field in an nfl game

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Why thank you :jets:

20. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Hey Coach, so which QB would you start. I haven't read an intelligent comment from you yet. You're really starting to sound like just another troll.