How will Geno do in the first game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Aug 31, 2013.

?

How will Geno do in Game 1

Poll closed Sep 9, 2013.
  1. Awesome, he'll tear it up!

2.4%
  2. Good. Solid game generally impressive for his first game

28.1%
  3. Average. Nothing special

31.1%
  4. Below Average. Not looking ready for the Bigs.

25.7%
  5. Poor. The Simms chants erupt in South Florida

12.6%
  1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Smith will go 1 TD, 2 Ints, 6 sacks, 1 Fumble and under 55% completion, a total Sanchez type performance.

I'm trying to be positive, I really feel it will look more like Ryan Leaf performance.

2. QueenzKID

QueenzKID Banned

2 tds 0 int 40 rush yards will b a good game 4 the future Jet GOAT

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

I think it'll be a lot like you said here. Bunch of short passes and screens.

I really do think that he will look like a completely different player than how he looked against the Giants. That game was so slow paced that it was hard to watch from the beginning.

I think that Chris Ivory had a good game against the Buccs. I think he gets his first 100 yard game as a Jet.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I chose average...the Jets displayed average dog shit running in the preseason. USUALLY it's the running game that is the ONLY thing that works in the preseason. We didn't have that. That and that is the Bucs only REAL strength is stopping the run. No sir, Geno Smith is going to have to air it out....often... Screen passes my ass. Those will be getting torn up by the end of the 1st quarter or 2nd. Geno is going to put the rock up at LEAST 30 times, if not more. If Smith tosses a bunch of picks this will turn into a crap load of 3 and outs.

My prediction is 18/30 for less than 200yds 1TD and 2 int's....I wouldn't be shocked if you throw a fumble loss on top of that.

I would LOVE to be wrong though!!!!!!

5. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Revis sacks him and shakes him up enough to leave the game, Simms comes in throws for 3 tds, 300 yards. Takes over the starting spot and in the next 10 years he leads the Jets to 3 superbowls.

6. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

ERA ? :lol: geno will soon be history ,he wont be making any ....

#26 BIGREX, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  7. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

:metal::drunk::lol: now we are talking :rofl2:

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Shouldn't we all be hoping he tears it up? Why root against the Jets QB is his first start? So you can say I told you so? And the first game is not a litmus test one way or another. Nagle and Foley had great openers in 1992 and 1998 and played like crap after that. Sanchez looked great in last year's opener and was awful the rest of the season.

Let's give the kid half a season before we begin forming an opinion as to his career potential. Please.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

And I say Revis does not intercept a pass and hope like hell he does not. Why would any Jets fan be rooting for that to happen??????? In fact, I would love to see Hill burn him for a long TD and then see Revis do the fake hammy pull grab. Isn't that what we all should be rooting for?? Revis is now wearing a different uniform. Root for him and you root for Tampa. Wouldn't it be better if Idzik were right to trade him? I don't understand some of you, rooting for Smith to bomb and Revis to excel. Turn in your fan cards now and find another team.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This is a game prediction thread not a wishlist. If people think Geno will bomb and Revis will make plays that doesn't mean that's what they are rooting for to happen.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The training wheels will be on early in the season and then depending on how he performs more and more will be opened up to him. Just like Sanchez was handled in his career. the key for Smith is if he develops and holds his feet as the training wheels are removed. Everytime they tried to remove the training wheels from Sanchez he's crap the bed and they'd have to put them back on.

12. DanR

DanR Active Member

Half a season is 8 games. :sad:

I'll give him 3-4 games before I begin forming a strong opinion.

13. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

When can we board this flight!? Lets do this! Simms era!

14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Supposedly, the coaches think that Smith's ankle problems were what was causing him so much trouble against the Giants, and that when he is better they expect him to be better than Sanchez all around.

This will be a tough game for the Jets because the Bucs had the #1 run defense last year, and now they have Revis as well. That should make things pretty difficult, but on the other hand, they have a lousy QB as well, and our defense should be able to keep him under pressure.. Hard to say how this one will go, but if we lose, and lose to NE a few days later, the pressure will really be on.

15. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Bad.

He isnt ready to be a stater in the NFL. He stares down his receivers, is used to play from the shot gun.

It's going to be an ugly start. Also no starting WR, TE, or RB on the squad.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention adding multiple pro-bowler Goldson to the secondary and a high draft pick for the other Corner.

Buc's also have a top line rushing game and while their QB is shaky they were the 13th or 14th best scoring passing attack in the league. He's not a an elite QB but he can put up at least league average points. But that aside, unless the Jets perform MUCH better against the run this year than last their passing game is an afterthought.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Geno will deftly avoid splinters in his ass as he watches Simms win the game for us.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Very GOOD, but this would be better.

Revis intercepts Smith and runs it back for a TD, Smith goes to try and catch Revis and a DL knocks his dick in the dirt so hard that he goes to straight to IR. Where he watches Sims take overt and throws for 3 tds, 300 yards.

The only flaw I can see is Smith isn't even the type of guy to try and go after Revis and just stands there with that stupid look on his face.

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I went with average although I was trying to be optimistic about it because I think he actually will be below average. Like other people have said, MM will probably protect him with the play calling. No matter what happens it will be interesting to see how he does to see where things stand for the future.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Really? Take a look at the posts from Supersonic, Brooklyn Jets, BigRex and JetsFan and tell me these are "predictions." They are hoping for Smith to fail.