Madden 25 - QB Ratings - Sanchez / Smith wosrt starters in NFL - Tells a story

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by kinggofg, Aug 29, 2013.

1. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I know there is hatred of all things Madden on this forum. But they do spend time and money looking at and rating every player. I took a look at the ratings and I thought it was interesting:

Jets have on their roster the LOWEST RATED QB overall in Matt Simms. He is in a class by himself.

Geno and Sanchez are rated the same overall and McElroy is only a little worse, one point (this actually feels about right to me)

EVERY OTHER TEAM has a QB rated higher then the Jets and 15 have a backup that is BETTER than the Jets!

24 teams have a BACKUP as good or better than the Jets QBs and a few (3) have a 3rd sting as good as our starters

Some real hatred for the Jets QBs in Madden. I can't say that I disagree. But that's brutal.

2. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

I would wait for the first updated Rosters, The preseason ranks are always a little off.

3. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Miami's LT Jon Martin has a rating of 68 I think which is a bit harsh ... I don't have the game yet but what is Tebow?

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But...but...but...we beat the Giants last week!

That's all that matters!

5. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

6. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That's kind of hilarious.

8. Combustible Rextible

If Sanchez's rating is based on his stats from last year, it is likely accurate.

9. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I heard a podcast where the guy in charge of the player scores talked about how they compute the numbers. They mainly go off of draft position and combine stats, and then adjust the results based on how they play in the regular season / post-season.

He said that they don't really do a lot of updating during the pre-season since he says (maybe exaggerating a bit) that he would need 3 times as many people on his team to keep up with it all.

I'm guessing they have Smith and Sanchez rated equally because there is still an ongoing QB competition - and giving them the same "overall" rating reflects that.

Simms has a very low rating because he was an undrafted free agent and was cut by the Jets in 2012 before the regular season. They then also compare him to the current 1st string QB going into the pre-season, Mark Sanchez, and have to make Simms's stats significantly worse. Since Sanchez is one of the bottom 2 or 3 starting QBs in terms of real life statistics, and Simms has to be considered significantly worse since he's battling for a roster spot and wasn't drafted, Simms ends up with ridiculously bad stats in the video game. If he makes the team (which I fully expect) he'll get a stat boost, but they always tend to skew things so that the starting QB clearly has the best stats of any of the QBs on the team.

10. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

wow ... checking out the rosters and I have a question.

HOW IS BRIAN FINNERAN ON THE MADDEN ALL 25 TEAM?

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If you look at Geno's accuracy ratings (short, medium and long) they're much better than Sanchez's.

I picked up Madden 25 yesterday, the first thing I did was bench Sanchez. lol

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. :grin:

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Those rating are stupid, they gave Smith and Sanchez higher throwing power than Simms too.

14. perpetualchange

perpetualchange Active Member

Tebow should be in the 50s

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You never played with him I'm guessing? Absolutely unstoppable in 2004. Him and Vick. He was really tall and had really good jumping ability and would hang onto everything. THat's one of those where the guy just ended up being amazing in the game even though he shouldn't be. Madden threw him on the team because well he was unstoppable back in the day

So since it's Madden 25 he gets added on. If it was NFL 25, he would never be even in the discussion haha

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I kept commenting during the 4th quarter of the Giants game, that the lowest rated QB in Madden was going to drive us to victory, in a half serious joking way.

Nobody seemed to notice though. I heard that he was the lowest rated on the Damashek podcast...though that one is shit compared to the Ross Tucker, or Rich Eisen podcasts.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Like Displaced said, he was crazy good on one of the games. His rating still was subpar but if you added him via free agency, he almost was unstoppable. I had him on my franchise for sure that year lol. It's almost like a joke the Madden guys did, admitting that mistake that year.

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Steven Hill had 10 pancake blocks in a 5min quarters game I played online.

I looked up his stats, he's got a 70 in impact blocking which is pretty good.