Why are our choices between Sanchez and Geno?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by talisaynon, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

No pick 6s
    No redzone picks

And I'm referencing it as the type of QB he is

Look at his picks

1 mistimed
    1 horrible throw
    1 great disguise by NYG

Geno wants to hit his receivers and allow them to make plays after the catch

2. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The bottom Line is Geno at this point did not prove to be the better option. Give up the excuses. He played a mediocre defense, his progressions/ reads are pretty slow, footwork is poor, etc

I do believe Gmac should've been given a chance to start at least compete. However at this time, as crappy as it may sound for some, Sanchez does give the best chance to win. As far as his health goes, Geno might be named the starter by default, but this why Gmac should've been in competition with Mark and Geno.

No excuses, when Geno had the stage to shine, he failed. More time, more experience prob will result differently.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

He was mistimed all night -- horrible to see in an offense built on timing, he stared down receivers, he looked unsure, and his pocket awareness looked piss poor - who the hell runs out of the endzone?

No redzone picks - you have to get to the redzone for a redzone INT -- he never did! His best drive was helped by 4 penalties for 33 yards on 4 passes that had no shot to be complete.

The only reason that game was close was because the Giants were missing key personnel on the OL and at WR.

4. DieHrdGreen

DieHrdGreen Banned

I think McElroy should be starter, but that will never happen.

5. lakersmetsjets49ers

On the qb being an example part, I feel this. Unless the qb is manning, Brady, Rodgers, or brees, there going to struggle with this current jets team.

Put a joe flacco on this team (who had decent players on both sides of the ball) and he'd most likely be a product of the lack of offensive talent rather then improving the subpar offensive talent.

Young guys like kaepernick and Russell Wilson had talent on their teams to play well for 2nd and 3rd round picks and rg3 and Andrew luck were rare can't miss qb prospects.

Point I'm trying to make is that the jets problems are more then the qb position. You can have an opinion on Sanchez because he's shown what he can and can't do for 4 seasons. Geno has a season to hopefully develop and progress but I don't see the current roster helping a young qb develop with the minimal talent it has on offense. The qb is a problem but their offensive struggles are bigger then just the qb alone.

6. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

A pretty good defense? THEIR TWO BEST DEFENDERS ON A UNIT THAT NEVER CRACKE THE TOP TEN DIDN'T EVEN SUIT UP.

This is becoming Tebow-esque.

7. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

GIANTS Have always had a good defense no matter who they threw out there Couglins a graet defensive coach

Ur jus hater/faglet

8. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!!!!

Tom Coughlin is an offensive coach you moron! Never coached defense ever! and the giants have been abysmal on defense since last season, ranking 31st in the league.....and that's when they had Rolle and JPP, neither of whom played last night, and Osi who is gone.

9. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

yes he was a offensive coach b4 nyg but ever since he got to NYG He has transitioned like bellichek did wen he went to NE Frum becoming a d# guy to a o# guy

Same with cohwer parcells and dungy all did the same

and thats sumtn REX Cant do which is y he'll either be fired or demoted by next year

U Lil faglet brush up on ur knowledge of fball

10. Section316

Section316 Active Member

[​IMG]

11. The negativity has reached an all time high. This maybe my last time visiting TGG for a long time. Can't take the short sighted over-reactive, ultra pessimistic garbage.

The QB competition is all time bad?? You guys must not have been around for Carter vs. Hutchinson in 2003, Collins vs. Croyle in 2005 or even Henne vs. Gabbert this year.THOSE were all time bad QB competitions.

Frankly I think the QB competition has gone relatively well. Both QBs have moved the ball & put up points. Now it hasn't been perfect. But compared to last season..ANYTHING is an improvement.

Shaun Hill??? Seriously???

This fan base needs to get a GRIP.

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

THIS ^^ times 100

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I won't, and have never said Geno is the future of the Jets, I have said I believe him to be a better option than Sanchez, but that's not saying much.

What needs to happen this season is to find out of Geno grows or not as a QB in the NFL. Rookie start in his first start period. He's seen less than 40 snaps against Live NFL defenses. I expect a rookie to do that, I expect a rookie to stare down receivers at least on occasion, I expect rookies to be somewhat nervous in the pocket, especially in their first action against 1st unit defenses. I expect rookies to make mistakes.

All of these things we see Sanchez do in this his 5th year as a starter.

so largely I agree with your post, but I don't know if Geno is THE guy for the future, just I believe he will be the better guy for this year.

14. HeartSpazm

HeartSpazm New Member

If they bring someone else in it would mean the front office/coach has no faith in the Geno Smith pick which teams passed up.

15. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

You guys give up way too easy. It's ONE PRESEASON GAME! Lets just see what he does this week.