Manish: Kyle Wilson Corners The Market

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JdotGriff, Aug 22, 2013.

1. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I am normally not a fan of this man, but it was nice to see someone give credit
    to K Will.

#1 JdotGriff, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

You seriously think Kyle Wilson is good? He gets beat all the time the only time he makes a play is when the WR Is over thrown or he drops the pass then he gets up chirping and waving or clapping his hands like he made a good play.

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Maybe in previous seasons. He still might do though.
    From what I've seen of him so far this pre-season, his man coverage skills are much much better, sticking to his assignment like glue, but doesn't ever take his eyes off the player he's covering, which is ok most times but when he's allowing the WR/TE to make the catch......he needs to play the ball from time to time.
    His zone coverage is where he lacks, which is strange because I believe he's a smart player with very good closing speed, but for me his reactions are full of doubt.
    I like Wilson and hope he does find his way in Rex's D, just wish he'd click soon

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I think the book is still out on Wilson. His performance has been mixed so far, and he may have not lived up to his potential so far as a 1st round pick, but its not not as if he's been an embarrassment like Sanchez. I look forward to seeing what Wilson can do this year.

5. BleedingGangGreen

The CB position can be like the WR position, and sometimes take up until 3-4 years until we see their true ability and overall value. Wilson is a young 26 year old corner with 3 years of experience under his resume. Heading into his 4th year, we'll see what we truly have in Wilson this up coming season.

At the end of the night we still have three first round CB talents in Cromartie who's setting an example for both of Wilson and Milliner. If our CB's step up this year, we'll become an elite defense due to our front seven.

#5 BleedingGangGreen, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

kyle wilson gets picked on. like really, when you are going up against revis and cromartie, of course youre going to target wilson. he is by no stretch really good, but i think he gets too much shit on this forum

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He has been set up to look bad for the most part.

I'm not saying that he has looked good, because he hasn't. He has had trouble with his slot assignments and also with his outside assignments.

When they drafted him, they pretty much stayed it wasn't to play as a starter. I've wondered for a while what the hell they got him for. Because it definitely wasn't as an outside corner, no matter what anyone wants to think.

This article is kind of interesting, because it actually confirms something that I've been thinking for a while.

Rex is an innovative mind for the defense. He wants a corner that can roam the backfield as CB and S as much as he wants a linebacker that can roam the backfield as a S and LB (Davis).

It's an interchangeable set.

I am still very suspect that he has those two players, but f it works out, he has found his true defense.

One that doesn't need personnel changes.

But a first round pick is a pretty high asset to devote to a hybrid player unless that player can help redefine the way people think about NFL defense.

Kyle Wilson can make or break Rex's reputation as a defensive mind, IMO.

#7 abyzmul, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wilson has improved, although he still gets burned occasionally. He had a good season last year, much improved.

9. lamont_jordan_rules

kid still need to learn how to turn his head around & look for the ball

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You know, Wilson can be physical and if he jams the WR at the LOS - that throws off timing which essentially can lead to a WR being over thrown.

He doesn't give up many TDs which is good - We are spoiled because we have had the luxury of watching Revis and Cromartie play.

11. abyzmul

Slot receivers don't line up on the LOS.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I was referring to the times he played on the outside more-so (I should of mentioned that). An example was the 49ers game after Revis's injury. We saw Alex Smith over-throwing WRs constantly.

He does need to improve his awareness though especially when the ball is up for grabs.

Wilson is a good slot CB.

13. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Dude sucks. Never seen a player get so hyped after an incomplete pass.

14. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I hope he elevates his game during this season and takes it to the next level. He knows he is the weak link otherwise QB's wouldnt throw to his direction often. He doesn't locate the ball or even look back for the matter once its in the air. Wilson should be at the point in his career where he is comfortable in Rex's defense . Where he knows his assignment and he studies film relentlessly and starts gambling and under cutting routes. He doesn't have to be a Probowler but you would want to see that he has progressed.

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

Jets can do better. On a lotta fronts. Wilson is always around the ball. But his hands never get close. He seems to always just get there. Maybe if the front four can get some serious pressure it will improve Wilson's game by default. Along the with the rest of the backfield.

16. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

the Guy is Trash he cant Cover or tackle and bites on play action

17. abyzmul

What are you a boss of?

18. He's an average corner.Nothing more nothing less.

The "he sucks" comments are laughable. Pretty much the only corners some of you boneheads DON'T think suck are Revis & Cromartie. Spoiled fan base w/ unreasonable expectations.

Take issue w/. Wilson for where he was drafted. Go ahead & label him as expendable. But to say the guy sucks is just stupid.

As for the celebrations after incompletions..at least he's showing emotion & excitement about something positive.An incomletion IS in essence a positive,no?

19. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

If Kyle Wilson is good, why did we draft Milliner 9th overall?

Why was upgrading #2 CB so important we passed on all but 8 players in the NFL draft to get one?

20. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You are definitely not starting off your tenure on TGG very well. Trolling is frowned upon so you might want to contribute a little more than:

Sanchez Sucks! Wilson Sucks!