Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

you can't seriously be going along with the OP's ignorant line about a 3-4 defense right? you know thats not what rex runs and thats it varied as he wants it right?

and should rex be fired I think you have you're statement backwards. no booth will take him, the man can't talk worth a damn (well, obviously ah... y'know that was a good play you know better than I that you gotta have plays like that and, uh...), but he knows his defensive X's and O's so he would certainly find a job if he wants to.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I stopped reading on mid-#1 as well...

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

i'm not sure when dick cimini has defended rex, and Manish isn't taking anybody's side but that of his own agenda.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cimini is like a bad sports talk show host, he supports one point a few times and then trashes it the rest of the time, but if he proves wrong in trashing the point, he will always fall back on those few times he supported it in order to look correct.

Lame and spineless.

5. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

I'm not in love with Rex, but any time someone mentions firing the HC in any sport I have to ask "Who are we replacing him with?"

If we have some stud lined up to take over, then fire away. If you imagine MM is going to take over... well he sucked with the Lions, but no one was going to right that ship. So, maybe. Let's see how he does with the offense this year first.

Outside of that, who do you imagine will be taking over? Kevin Sumlin from Texas A&M?

6. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

As to Idzik, well, it's too early to judge obviously... maybe the players he took are going to be great... but I really hate how he virtually ignored the offense all offseason. We were cap strapped but we had more money to spend than some. Ivory and Geno were his only major additions, and I don't exactly have the highest hopes for either right now.

If Ivory and Geno turn it up and look good this season, then all is forgiven (though we better do something to improve our WR corps next offseason, since it's a 95% guarantee we're cutting Holmes).

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I am trusting Idzik to fix our situation, I just don't trust the HC to be well a good HC.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'd only be interested in firing RR if there was a suitable replacement lined up. I can't currently think of anyone who would (a) be interested and (b) be better.

Except Rich Kotite.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL! Good one!

10. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Rex doesn't have a defensive scheme that matches his personnel - whatever it is he is playing. (Not sure he knows himself as he seems to make it up as he goes along.)

And he will be hired for one of those pre and post game TV shows on ESPN and NFL Network, not as a game analyst. It's strictly because of name recognition and the belief that he will make news and help drive ratings by spouting off.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Surely you can list a bunch of stuff he's lied about, then?

By all means, break it down, and don't give me that nonsense about him getting his players' backs and defending them when the media asks.

Sounds like a Patriots TROLL account here. :lol:

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

13. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

If the Jets had hired KHANNNNNNN! instead of Idzik they would probably try to get Cowher ...

14. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

When you say Vernon G is playing well and he's not you are lying. That's just one of many examples.

15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I've only been following the Jets for about 20 years now, but I have to say that I like Rex better than any coach since BP. I don't understand why you all get so upset that he says silly sh!t at press conferences. I find it entertaining. Just like I found the Tuna's snarky press conferences entertaining. I don't understand how that makes RR a bad coach. It's irrelevant to what goes on down on the field.

I am bored with the idea that Rex has some dire loyalty issue with Sanchez. I don't know if you noticed, but Sanchez IS a better option than McElroy, Brunell, Teblow, Simms, or Clemmons have been. No, that doesn't mean Sanchez is a good option, just better than those.

I watched Drew Stanton play for the Cardinals last week. I think that guy would be our starter today if we hadn't traded for that guy who couldn't throw. And he still wouldn't be that good.

At some point, you have to realize that there are only so many guys in the world at any given time who can be an elite QB. You can't bash every GM and HC who don't find one right away. How many elite QBs have played for the franchise in it's history?

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Most of the arguments pro-Rex tend to go to the "cream of the crap" side of things. Rex may have the winningest record of any Jets HC, but that in itself isn't something to get one into Canton. He made back to back AFCCG's, but he lost both of them. His record is above .500, but his team hasn't played above .500 in two years. He's a great DC and there's no denying that. One day, he'll be on a roster that will win the VLT, but it won't be as HC but instead, as DC on some as yet undetermined super squad.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

All he has ever needed was a quarterback.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don, you could say that for a lot of coaches..

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you're going to troll the site can you at least try to make it believable? Maybe entertain us a little?

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No doubt and in almost all cases they don't win or get to the superbowl either.