Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I see you haven't changed much since your first ban :rofl2:

OP can go to hell btw

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think you care for thinking. All your arguments are terrible.

As for the OP, do you see the above sentence? Re-read that 3 or 4 times over.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

rex inconsistency in handling things frustrates me. everytime i hear him talk about sanchez i want to punch him squarely in his face. thats my main issue with rex at this point.

i do feel he will lose his job after this year, i do think he is a very talented defensive coach who is a bit too much like his dad with womanly tendencies.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Guess U missed the MS last few minutes of the 1st half vs the Jags where he 1st threw a INT & then ran out the clock Duh! :sad:

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

To the OP, brilliant Einstein!! Lets fire the 'winningest' coach we had since I can't remember and bring in .... who?
    Unless you can come up with a viable and available option, everything you've said is moot.

Rex is not the finished product and still learning how to be a HC, I'll bet you he'd tell you that, but IMO he has (with Idzek's help) the team going in the RIGHT direction.
    REBUILD slowly and correctly.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO is Rex should be demoted to DC & Woody implement another search ala Idzik to find us a quality HC :sad:

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Another Sanchez hater from before he was drafted. You haters that think he has a man love for Sanchez never mention another viable option. He benched Sanchez for McElroy then McElroy got hurt. Before that it Brunnell.

This year Sanchez seems to be beating out Geno. When Rex thinks that Geno gives them the best chance to win or the season is lost Mark will most likely play.

Unless you are like TNJET and think Tebow was a viable option?

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Because Brilliant HC's are 2 a dozen.
    We couldn't get a GM for a million years after Tanny, what makes you think going after a new HC will be any different?

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

wait, what?!?! bwahahahahaha :lol:

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why the hell do people assume Rex would take a demotion? People on this board continue to say this. The man will leave the team and let the next HC deal with our defensive players whom do not fit in one specific scheme.

If Rex is demoted, he will leave outright

11. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

hay tom who would bring in to replace rex,
    I do agree that sanchez SUCKS, but I still don't think smith is the answer. IMO

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I see point #2 as what most here imo, in the GangGreen believe to be true, so it's not surprising to read it again. Read the http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=75036
    thread, to see what I am refering to.

There's a catch 22 here....have Rex start Geno Smith despite putting the best QB the Jets have on the field and toss the entire 2013 season and pretty much chop his own head off. Don't see that being a possibility unless Mark really falters and is the cause for losses to be realized.

But, there are many blind Sanchez haters that would rather see another coaching change, which would really set this franchise back another 5 years, and more QB draft picks to put the lable 'BUST' on.

13. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I see Rex as one of the league's best head coaches. If the Jets had been getting even average play from the QB position, they would have been one of the best ~8 teams in the league over the last 4 years. Rex made a huge mistake in picking Sanchez in my opinion, and he also made a mistake in not calling the plays and not being in on every defense meeting over the last 2 years, but he's corrected the latter mistake and as for the QB situation, if Rex manages to keep his job after this year he will have a new QB. Sanchez will be traded or released, and he will have either Smith starting if he shows he can be mediocre or better, or a new veteran free agent who has a proven track record of mediocrity, and if they can get that mediocre QB play the Jets will be consistently very good. A consistent 10 - 11 win team, making the playoffs about 75% of the time.

The main reason I'm so anxious about this season is that I know Rex is a truly great coach, and I know that he's going to help us win a Super Bowl if he can just hang on and make it through this season. If he gets fired after this season, whoever they replace him with will probably be a bad or mediocre HC and things will just keep churning around with no stability in the coaching staff. New HC gets fired after 3 years, then Idzik the next year, a new OC every 1 - 2 years, etc - you will never win if you keep shuffling things around so much. When a coach shows greatness potential, we have to give him every benefit of the doubt.

Of all the Jets head coaches in the history of the team, only 3 have EVER had winning records over their tenure. Obviously Ewbank is the most successful Jets coach because he also won Super Bowl III despite having a losing record over his entire tenure, so that's 4 winning head coaches in 53 years, out of 17 head coaches (4 of them between 1975 and 1976). One of the coaches with a winning record, Groh, only coached one season and didn't make the playoffs, so that barely counts. Really it's 3 out of 17 who've had winning records, Ewbank, Parcells, and Rex Ryan. Only 4 coaches have won multiple playoff games, Ewbank (2 wins in 11 years- the Raiders and then the Colts to win Super Bowl III), Michaels (2 wins in 6 years), Herm Edwards (2 wins in 5 years) and Rex Ryan (4 playoff wins in 4 years). And yet people are still so short-sighted as to be eager to get rid of him???

He has taken the Jets to more playoff games than ANY HC in the history of the Jets. Twice as many. Let that sink in.

The Jets won 4 playoff games in the last 4 years- and the previous 4 playoff wins before that? Those 4 wins took from 1986 to 2004. 4 playoff wins in 19 seasons. Rex got 4 playoff wins in his first 2 seasons. Then he had 1 .500 season where they were in the playoff hunt right up until the end even with Schotty (who would run on 3rd and 10s, pass on 3rd an 1s) calling the plays, Wayne "The Revolving Door" Hunter at RT, and Sanchez under center), and 1 disappointing 6-10 season (that was not really as bad as it felt at the time because of the humiliating loss to the Patriots and all the other turnovers) where he again had the King of Turnovers and lost his best offensive player and his best defensive player early in the season to season-ending injuries. Had those injuries not happened the Jets probably would have won 8 or 9 games even with Sanchez (turnover machine), Greene (the "power" back who runs straight into guys and never breaks a tackle) and Sparano (who doesn't know how to be an OC).

Yes, the Jets have had problems over the last few years, but when you consider everything, Rex has done a very good job in a very difficult situation, and I think he deserves several more years to show what he can do, given his amazing successes with a very weak QB, poor OCs, and a GM who believed in chasing free agents rather than building through the draft.

Two of those problems look like they've been corrected (the OC and the GM), and by next year the Jets will have a decent QB. If Rex is still the HC in 2014, I am sure the Jets will be playoff bound.

14. Combustible Rextible

I read the op and now wish I had that time back.

[​IMG]

15. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Thank you. In the end, overrated Rex , Mr top 5 defense because of my history, won't even be able to get a DC position after he is inevitably fired. He will be in a TV booth blathering away.

#55 Rex Must Go, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  16. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Cimini defends Rex a lot. And Manish is openly taking Rex's side against Idzik saying that the egghead GM is setting up Buddy's son for a firing.

17. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Coples has not played like a beast. And we have no idea how injured he is and whether he will be playing at all.

18. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

He will be if their start is as bad as I suspect it will.

19. kyleleewatson

kyleleewatson New Member

Imagine this board when we fire Rex and he goes over and coaches D for the Pats..

20. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

There is nothing honest about Rex Ryan. If BS is music he is a brass band.