ESPN: Holmes could be 'close' to returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm really feeling this WR core much more than last year. Gates is becoming the new Holmes. Holmes is definitely rubbing off on him. He has improved quite a bit within a 1 year period and I'm sure some credit goes to him on that. But nah, he's just a selfish egotistical jerkoff looking for a contract so he can spend it all on drugs and alcohol.

When Holmes comes back, it will be the icing on the cake. With Holmes, Hill, Edwards, Gates & Kerley in the mix, MM will have a field day.

#61 Barcs, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

What does Dustin Keller have to do with anything?

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Seem a little bi-polar ther Jay..lol

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Ha....we are all bipolar, we are jet fans.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I hope he's just been trolling the media this whole time. That'd be epic.

Fuck the NY media.

6. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

You're screwing yourself. If you don't think your team takes winning seriously enough, then stop watching.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He saaid Jet fans don't take winning seriously not the team,witch is partly true

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I should have been more specific when I posted those pics. I had no idea what a Linsfranc injury was, or even how to spell it. Those are just a few pics of various Linsfranc injury from Google and Wiki.

Tone's injury was a grade 4, which is the worst and at least twice as bad as any of those pics. He probably had 20-30 screws/pins in his foot, not 4 like that one picture shows.

When he said he had to "learn how to walk again" I can see why. Holy cow it looks nasty.

9. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

I must have imagined him walking off a field during a game, and almost certainly being one of the anonymous teammates to blast everything about the team. The only value that this guy has to me is whatever he can do to help the Jets win. I think he's a shitty person with a shitty attitude otherwise. If he didn't wear green and white I could care less about him at all.

And to your point, if I got a promotion at work - when I have gotten a promotion at work, I've celebrated it. Probably the way a lot of people would. Difference between a lot of people and a Santonio Holmes is nobody is even going to notice unless I do something really stupid. It's apples and oranges. You can't compare someone in "real" life to an athlete that's in the public eye 24/7. All I'm saying is why do you even have to draw the attention to yourself. You don't think Jeter or some other high profile NY athletes celebrate big accomplishments or blockbuster contracts? Doesn't mean you have to chug a bottle of Cristal for the camera.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

"Almost certainly"? Proof or it didn't happen. Right now they can't even prove the sources were even legitimate let alone be Holmes. Holmes was benched by Schotty because he got into an argument with Hunter in the huddle. He didn't just walk off. But again, people can't cite anything after that game that he has done wrong. Shit happens, you either move on from it or dwell in the past forever. We all know which one you are doing.

So you are honestly telling me that because he's in the public eye, that he has to follow higher standards than anybody else? Why? Who cares? Who says he even chugged it? See this is just petty drama. It's a goddamn picture. It doesn't have anything to do with his career on the field. Getting drunk and posting a picture doesn't make you an asshole. We've all done it. :lol: at holding a professional athlete to standards that most people don't even follow themselves.

#70 Barcs, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

lol

filler

12. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

what a clown town we are that we're begging for this asshole to come back.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Honestly I hope they don't really rush him. I'd say aim for week three since he'll have a nice break as we're on a short turn around from week one to two, might be too much for him in that span...give him more time to rest, practice, etc.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

IM still trying to figure out what Barcs means by Gates is the new holmes

15. kyleleewatson

kyleleewatson New Member

Holmes will not be back week 1. Even if he wanted to, why would he rush back? He knows he will be cut after this season and will be playing for his career this year..

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If he's playing for his career, would it not be logical to get back in and play well so he can get a good contract next year? The whole "he knows he's getting cut, so he's going to purposely miss extra games and take it easy" mantra is beyond silly. Nobody's going to give him a decent contract if he half asses it, or purposely misses extra games to save himself for next year.

17. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

If he's playing for his career he won't return until he's 100% sure he's 100% recovered and healthy. No reason to risk reinjury.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I was watching Gates run some of those routes over the last couple games and some of the moves he was making were very reminiscent of Holmes. He's becoming a play maker, which is something our team needs them badly.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Well yeah, but that's only logical. He shouldn't come back before he's 100% or very close to it, whether he's in a contract year or not. If he plays well he's not going to get cut.

20. kyleleewatson

kyleleewatson New Member

Yes barcs it would be logical to come back and play well, which is why he won't rush back until he's healthy. He wouldn't want to risk reinjury.