Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it would be great if he put the ball where it is supposed to be and on time. this is what a very good qb does. mark sanchez continues to prove that he does NOT do that.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Let's face it. The only cure for Mark Sanchez is to wear Ugg boots.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sanchez of the past once did just that - yeah, every once in a blue moon, but he had the ability - you cannot deny that.

[YOUTUBE]0jqYRebZfjk[/YOUTUBE]

The ball is slightly thrown behind, but in the grand scheme of things, the ball placement and the timing of delivery are both impeccable. If Sanchez led Holmes by a step or so, the defender would have knocked it down. [See the LB inside. See how tight the window is. Sanchez literally threaded the needle here.] Thrown behind [by a few steps] = again, failed play. The ball is slightly below the chest level - so yeah. There IS some room for improvement, but the ball was still caught above the waist. Santonio didn't have to kill the speed to make the catch. He only had to secure the ball with two arms, then once he made the cut to the outside, he put on his second gear, and was gone.

It was a picture-perfect slant throw, and YAC.

#14483 Zach, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Toldja a thousand times.

System matters,

And P.S.

Rex would have picked Brady pff twoce, by rotating underneath that lame out route to Chinadolla, going to bradys right, and outside the numbers.

Tampon Bay sucks. Cro, takes that pass for 6 the other way.

5. Hobbes3259

Had?

Here is what I saw Friday night.

Window the sixpze of a milk box.

24 yards to Winslow.

Couple plays later... kerley in stride over the left earhole.

24 yards.

After the holding call.

TD to cumberland, over the right ear hole.

3 20 plus yard plays, in big spots.

One drive.

6. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

In case you guys are wondering, Tebow's stats so far this game:
    Completions: 1
    Attempts: 6
    Yards: -1
    Touchdowns: 0
    Interceptions: 1

Can we at least agree we are in better shape quarterback-wise this year than last year?

7. Hobbes3259

So, the throw to winslow, and kerley, and cumberland on the scorring drive were deficient how?

The throw to winslow, was in a window the size of a milkbox.

Kerley got hit in stride.

Cumberland as well.

All three tosses, more than 20 yards apiece.

Seems to me the only thing Sanchez is proving.,,,is you are blinded by hate.

Guy went 10/13, 9 ypa.

5 throws of 20or more.

Omg!

If Sanchez, played the last 4 years like he did Friday night...we probably hoist 2 VLTs, between 09 and 11

#14487 Hobbes3259, Aug 16, 2013
  8. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I have no idea what or how they teach at the universities these days, as it's been over a decade now since I went there.

What I do know though, is that in a case like this, the most important thing as a designer is to stay true to the authentic, original design - which in this case is the official New York Jets online shop.

And the default image looks like this:

[​IMG]

Sorry to disappoint you.

Have fun in MS paint!

9. alleycat9

it was a decent throw. i will never kill the qb for that throw because the lb should have been closer than he even was. the problem is that a good throw happened infrequently then as well.

it wasnt impeccable it was decent.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

LB should have been closer to who?

11. Hobbes3259

:rofl: see above.

What game did you watch.

Before the scoring drive, he hit 5. To 5 different receivers.

Then he hit three for 20 plus.

10 completes. On 13 throws.

5 at over 20 yards(1 was actually 18)

Are you fucking Joking?

#14491 Hobbes3259, Aug 16, 2013
  12. alleycat9

they werent deficient shit for brains, they were good. 3 passes does not make a night though. go learn how to use your ipad

13. alleycat9

to holmes, he was dropping in coverage. the ball could have been on target and the lb wouldnt have gotten to it but if he had a better and quicker drop he would have. thats why that back shoulder throw is not one i would kill mark for.

its not always about leading a guy, its about properly placing the ball dependent upon the situation.

14. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Not sure how one person could become several persons...

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm talking about ball placement and accuracy Hobbes

Things watching the film gives you not stay watching

16. alleycat9

its so much fun to see a guy who has talked about stats in context 1000 times in this thread now using stats with no "context"

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

To Holmes?

So, are you telling me, the LB should have grown a pair of eyes BEHIND HIS HEAD somehow? If bracketing Holmes was the idea, Sanchez would have thrown elsewhere. [#21 would have been completely wide open inside.]

I mean, PLEASE. Don't bash Sanchez for the sake of bashing him. It makes you look bad. Sanchez made an impeccable throw there. Not a decent throw. A perfect throw. Ok?

The LB was reading Sanchez's eyes all along, and #21 just ran a short hook route - which the LB bit hard. When the LB bit the hook route - that's what his assignment is anyway - Sanchez fired a strike. Are you telling me the LB should have ignored the shallow, uncovered receiver and turn his back toward the QB [1] and double Holmes [2]? While in zone coverage? [3] Are you telling me the LB should just lose his job or something? Remember - the time was ticking down, and Jets were at 37 yard line. FG attempt would have been 50+ from there, so they cannot give up any free yard. If the LB just abandoned the inside receiver to double Holmes, Sanchez would have hit #21 for 7+ yards - and the FG is now less than 47. A big no-no.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus. Ok. I think Sanchez is a below-average QB by now. That aside, I do acknowledge the good things that he did. Like the throw in this thread. The question is whether Sanchez can string these high quality plays in consistent manner or not - whether he had the ability or not was never in question. He had it. Just, a lot of external factors and inconsistencies got in the way.

#14497 Zach, Aug 16, 2013
  18. Hobbes3259

Yes, perfect ball placement.

When a guy throws 13.

Completes 10.

And 5 go for 20.

And if you are bitching, you are basically either a cunt, or a dolphins fan.

Hey, ill concede..its the first preseason game.

Tell me you wouldnt have given blood for a QB with a 99.8 passer rating the last 4 years.

I wont hold my breath.

19. Hobbes3259

Ill take my cue, when you learn to use your brain.

Descending to typing critique.

Maybe if your powers of observation didn't suck, you could stick to football?

20. alleycat9

he was looking right at sanchez, if he read the throw to the outside quicker he would have been closer which would have made it necessary to throw it to the back shoulder.

he didnt though and held inside, which made the back shoulder throw unnecesary. however i will not get on him for that because it was put where it needed to be.

i am confused about how you consider what i am saying BASHING sanchez? i said it was a decent throw.

the lb didnt bite the hook route, he stayed home until he was sure sanchez was going to the outside, he hadnt even turned to go after him until the ball was almost to the receiver. he could have been a step quicker and impacted the play.

THATS WHY IT WAS GOOD FOR SANCHEZ TO PUT IT BACK SHOULDER. but it wasnt perfect on that play because the lb was late out there so a throw on the numbers would have been perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.