Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A MORON LIKE YOU POST A PICTURE NOT THE ROUTE RUN HERP DERP

i

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Look I'm not here to defend Sanchez saying that he's a good QB. Perhaps if you weren't a little overboard in your analysis you wouldn't have detractors. I just pointed pointed out three passes where you claimed were bad (behind the receiver or high) that that were in fact not. I also also questioned your user of the term uncatchable for the first pass to Powell. Was it a "bad" pass. Yes, but it was certainly catchable. You also brought up the "wobbly" pass (on a play that you later state was a good throw). When you use terms that are incorrect (uncatchable, behind) as well as others that could be seen as derogatory for no reason (wobbly) why do you not expect others to take issue?

I'm not even saying that he had a great game. The INT was unforgivable. I just think that many on this board are going out of their way with the rest of the analysis to "prove" that the rest of his game was bad. Did he have a couple less than 100% on target completions? Yes, but so do 95% of all QB's in every game.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

and I posted pictures showing the ball on the first pass was in fact behind Powell. Uncatchable is somewhat of a matter of opinion, but the images I posted clearly show the ball behind and low for Powell. I

Even if Powell magically turns the way he isn't running and scoops the ball off the ground at his shoestrings, it's still a horrible throw that should have been an easy one and supports the overall point.

In the grand scheme of things, I could post video of every single throw, and the people who support Sanchez would blame the receivers, offensive coordinator, turf, head coach, the nfl, and their fairy godmother for Sanchez not playing well. I'd still get replies like:

Which is a stat pulled out of your ass, that also misses the point. Sanchez is off target on a lot more than 95% of his completions and his incompletions.

The fact is the 10-13 wasn't as good as it looks on the stat sheet. For anyone who disagrees and is somewhat open minded, go back and watch all of the throws.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I went back and watched every single throw in slow motion your assessment is just wrong even giving you the powell throw that bounced off his hands.

out of the ten completions one was off target (Kerley) and three were big time NFL throws.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

It isnt enough. Sanchez must be Brady like to make many idiots on this forum happy.

The fact that Sanchez settled down after that pick 6 and hit players between the numbers for decent gains isnt enough. It somehow shows he isnt capable of doing anything this season and thus must go...

#14425 mute, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  6. Organized Chaos

Here is a screen cap from the game. The play is a three step drop quick slant, Hill beats his guy to the inside early on, Sanchez has a clear throwing lane.

Sanchez throws the ball low and away from Hill. Hill makes a ridiculous adjustment dragging his feet and jumping for the ball. The ball should be up at the WR chest and slightly in front of him.

[​IMG]

This throw in itself isn't the problem, the issue is Sanchez is often inaccurate which leads to his low completion percentage, and a lack of yards after the catch for his WRs.

The quick slant isn't a hard throw for a NFL QB to make. Watch some highschoolers who aren't getting 8M per season lead their WR's correctly in practice:

[YOUTUBE]IwkbB6iVE2s[/YOUTUBE]

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

In Sanchoville, any ball that doesn't end up caught by the defense is a good ball.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

3 of them on the scoring drive went for over 20 yards each.

9. Hobbes3259

Play only went for 9 yards.

This guy sucks.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can we get that kid in the red t-shirt?

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

+1 end this endless thread

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Because thats his biggest problem inaccuracy

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

because a defender was breathing down his neck and forced him to hurry the throw. Simple.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Sorry you are wrong what the picture does not show you is hill cutting up field instead flatting out his route. Go watch the video.

Powell throw not a great throw but catch-able by most PeeWee players.

Whatever make shit up to make your point or just not understand how route and timing effect throws. Not everybody can understand the game but if you do not I would refrain from posting stupid shit like this.

15. Organized Chaos

[​IMG]

There was pressure, but Sanchez has clearly rolled away from it. You can say it was inaccurate because he was trying to throw on the run, but that's still a pass that an NFL QB should be able to put right in his RB's chest.

16. Hobbes3259

Well, to be sure, he would have been better off running with it there. (he exposed the lineman to A possible holding in the EZ call, for a safety)

But at the end of the day, he had as many 20 plus yard tosses in one drive...as he did incomplete passes, in the game.

So, cant you just admit you are reacing a bit?

17. JETlife14

JETlife14 New Member

bahahahahaha

18. Organized Chaos

No, he would have been better off throwing it where his RB had a chance to catch it and make a move.

I'm not reaching, I'm providing reality. 10/13 looks good on paper, but it didn't look so good on tape.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

well it didnt happen. He was pressured and that resulted in an incomplete pass. That's exactly what happened,ok. Any other silly nit-pickings you have to downplay Sanchez in a meaningless preseason 1 game?

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

One of his three incompletions it was a bad throw but still catchable. What the hell is the difference I have seen HOF Qbs miss on throws like that also.

Why the fuck are you harping on one throw I know because the other throws you mentioned were actually good throws.

I give you this I marks three incomplete passes they were not great throws. There are you happy or do you want to keep talking about the slant that you are wrong about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.