Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All I have to do is scroll up halfway through this page.

But since you take any proof presented to you and discard it like used toilet paper, and then change the subject to some stupid and easily disproved crap argument, why should I even bother?

You aren't worth the trouble, Hobbes.

You still can't prove that you understand that playbook that I posted for you god knows how many weeks ago, and you keep quoting like it proves any of your stupid arguments.

Un-drown yourself from whatever liquor is poisoning you and read it.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is so misleading, that falls on the offense too. Time of possession is not just a defensive stat, it's a team stat. If the offense goes 3 and out or throws a lot of incomplete passes on a drive, it gives very little time to TOP. That's a two sided problem, not just defensive. You basically implied TOP is a defensive stat only.

This is the game:
    Defense lets up 9 minute drive for TD.
    Jets offense punts after taking 3:46 off the clock.
    Defense lets up 4:13 minute drive for 0 points, get turnover on downs via INT.
    Jets offense punts after 1:55.
    Defense lets up 3:38 drive for 3 points.
    Jets offense punts after 48 seconds.
    Defense lets up 3:52 drive for 7 points.
    Jets offense gives up 7 points after 30 seconds.
    Jets offense gets 3 after 1 minute.
    Defense gets kneel down for 8 seconds.

So the Jets had 3 drives that netted -4 point that took 2:18. Let's blame that lack of TOP on the defense? haha yeah, right. Both sides did horrible.

Second half: Down 24-3
    Jets offense score TD, down 24-10 with 12:22 left in the 3rd.
    Defense gets INT with 7:54 left in the 3rd, not a good punt by Big Ben :grin:
    Jets offense goes 3 and out in 50 seconds.
    Defense forces punt with 50 seconds left in the 3rd.
    Jets offense goes on a 8 minute drive for 0 points, 7:50 left in the 4th.

<This was the brutal stretch for the team, didn't capitalize on the TO to even flip field position. Then converting on 3rd and 4, 4th and 1, and 3rd and 2 to set up 1st an goal at the 2, and 0 points. Just brutal, we needed a big play somewhere here to get the score. It would narrow the game down to one possession with around 8 minutes left in the game, instead>

Defense gets safety.
    Jets gets 7 points, started drive with 7:38, score with 3:09.
    <Lost at least 5 minutes by not scoring from the GL or even taking that TO and getting points. Also, this hurts because Pitt let us dink and dunk for that Td after giving up a long gain to Braylon. In the end good strategy, because we took too much time>

Defense can't get stop.

Now there are so many things that happened previous to that very last drive the defense failed on, it's silly to think the defense is the main culprit. We leaned on the defense on a lot that year, and they couldn't come through one last time.

What's really interesting to me,
    If we look at both Pitt games in 2010-2011:

The defense scored a safety.
    The defense let up 17 points, let up a net 15 points.
    In Dec, up 22-17, defense gets the stop to end the game.
    In Jan, down 24-19, defense can't get the stop to prolong the game.
    In Dec, offense scores 13 points, 13 net points.
    In Jan, offense scores 17 points, 10 net points.

In total, the Jets had 1 TO (in the Jan game) over the 2 games leading to 7 Pitt points.

In total, the Steelers had 2 TO, both in the Jan game, over the 2 games leading to 0 Jets points.

Also interesting things, in the first Pitt games the Jets offense had 1 sack for 0 yards, 0 fumbles, 0 fumbles lost, 0 INTs, and the team had 3 penalties for 19 yards. In the second Pitt game the Jets offense had 2 sacks for 14 yards, 2 fumbles, 1 lost, 0 INTs, and the team had 6 penalties for 50 yards.

It's the little things that separate the W from the L against the better teams in the league. Overall, the Jets didn't do enough (or Pitt did more) of the "little" things to win the game. If you think the defense is the main culprit, you have very low standards for that Jets offense in 2010-2011.

EDIT: Oh this is the Sanchez sucks thread. Well to make this post relevant to that, Sanchez needs to cut down on his turnovers so that's why his one drive that was encouraging in the Detroit game gets negated by his pick 6 and near second pick. Gotta protect that ball and make smarter decisions.

#14262 displacedfan, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

are the entire past 2 pages of posts nothing but junc talking around the issue that the quarterback isnt any good?

if so i am just going to not read it and save myself the aggravation.

ps, sancho still sucko

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure he is. I'm sure nearly everyone on this board is - even that Bills troll dude.

Just, it feels like talking to a wall when I try to reason with him. That is all. [which is why I decided to not respond.]

You did what...

With all due respect, Hobbes talks about E/P system and WCO with Coryell terminology. Go figure. [Last time I checked, E/P system didn't even have split end designation.]

#14264 Zach, Aug 13, 2013
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter what anyone says... Sanchez will not be the week 1 starter... Unless Geno is hurt he will play.

El Taco is a turnover robot and Rex knows he cant put his D in such tough situations...

6. abyzmul

Um. Alley. I've seen you do this like three times already.

Please don't try to sum up the last two pages until you read them. It looks so stupid.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Byz, was kind enough to post Weis playbook from 2004.

And fwiw , i did post, its fucking brilliant,

Once you factor in 3 running steps for every drop step ( and Byz, youre being a jackoff because i said this)

Weis essentially lines up 3 guys in the field of vision on the first read (meaning, fhe dicision is limited to angle, and velocity) leaving a dump off in a clear out for the second.

#14267 Hobbes3259, Aug 13, 2013
  8. Hobbes3259

And by the way, Byz.,,your question to me,mwhich I answered....

Was how Weiss playbook relates ro the Pars current offense

Since Weiss left, Beli has incorporated elements of the Airraid, and Chip Kellys offense

But the base, belongs to Weis,

I said that several times.

One of these chuckleheads has my Geno/ne comment as a sig.

Except...check my posts. I said it a week before Geno said that why he was watching brady cutups.

E

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have to say i am glad you drove me to read those 2 pages, they were fun. especially the silly balls headband rex was wearing in that pic that junc posted. that was a classic!

10. Hobbes3259

So. Quit the forum, when he is under center against Tampon Bay. K?

11. abyzmul

You are a good dude, too, man. That's probably the only reason I feel comfortable talking to you like that.

Even though I'm not really talking.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]y_hYwcpxO0k[/YOUTUBE]

If you are a Jets fan and can't get past this moment with Mark Sanchez, I understand. It was terrible and the lowest of lows. However, it was a combination of many bad things coming together and all crashing at once. Not to mention, Sanchez's worst professional game. He was beyond lost, as was the team as a whole.

13. feldspar

feldspar Member

Not to pat myself on the back too hard, but I came up with that earlier in the thread...

14. abyzmul

Holy fuck, dude. The base set??? Rex Ryan runs a base 3-4. Does that even matter??

Base set is completely irrelevant in today's game. This is why I keep falling on you about philosophy. And you can't grasp that concept.

That's why I want you to understand the entirety of that playbook. Because it strays so far from the philosophy of what BB runs today. The Pasts wouldn't run more than half of those plays. They wouldn't work in today's game.

Geno watching film of Brady is meaningless, aside from footwork and technique, but it's funny that you bring that up because MM's base set is actually opposite from what both BB and Weis would run.

Tell me why.

And I won't give you the answer even if someone else does.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You talk a good game until someone actually says put your money where your mouth is Hobbes, don't you dare tell someone to leave the board if Sanchez starts game one when you don't have the balls to accept a bet challenge yourself. don't even go down that road.

16. abyzmul

Thanks, 68, I totally missed this one.

Where's your sack, Hobbes?

You tell a guy to quit the forum if Sanchez is starting week one.

What will you do if he doesn't?

17. abyzmul

I'm sure you're getting plenty of "pats" on the back tonight. Don't get greedy.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

With 1:00 left in the half, the O had completed three passes, scored zero points ... And given up 7. Explain to me again how this garbage performance is the fault of the defense? Sanchez and Co. were just as guilty as the guys on the other side of the ball. No less ... No more.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention the offense having the ball down to the Pittsburgh 2 yard line and failing to score, 2 runs 2 passes.

Offense scores there Jets win, even without that if the Offense doesn't give up 7 points the Jets win.

But yet in Junc's world that means the defense lost the game.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A QB that is beyond lost in his 4th season is done. QB is a leadership position. Once you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off you've demonstrated pretty conclusively that you're incapable of leading when the chips are down.

It's not always that we lose that is most important. It's how we lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.