Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max Active Member

Talking about the pit game is way too depressing. We gotta look forward. Good things will come.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we see the game differently, it's clear to most that the D cost us that game.

What did the D do on that safety besides fall on a QB who was recovering a fumble?

The O put us in position to win, the D failed us in the biggest possession for a Jets defense since SB III.

The O barely was on the field in the first half b/c the D was being run all over.

It looked like a pass to me but it was really close. If it was ruled a pass on the field I don't think they would have been able to overturn it.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Really? Do you take me to be a lefty who voted for hope and change, like that guy who ran for office against drones and domestic surveillance ?

Then raised them to unprecedented levels.

Or used the IRS as a political tool..

Or let American ambassadors get murdered, with no response in Benghazi?

I was right on the question, if not the voting. And if its this bad now...Imagine when the books start getting written.

Like I said, dont listen to what they say, watch what they do.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No junc it's the D's fault because you're a Sanchez apologist.

If the D doesn't recover the ball would the offense been in a position to get a TD?

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You are exactly right.
    To see it any other way likely means a side agenda of argument, or complete lack of knowledge in how football games are won/lost.

6. Hobbes3259

Look. The Jets under Rex, have fielded Championship defenses.

No question.

In 7 seasons, for Schotty, spanning Favre,Penny, and Mark...or Sparanos on season as OC, how many Championship caliber offenses,

Zero.

Sparano is no longer an OC, and Schotty has trouble cracking the top 20.

Junc is right about the D.

They always seem to be a "one big play" guy away from living up to their rep, at critical times.

Like the 90 yard Tebow drive.

This year. ,the D will be top 5...

The O top 15.

Chill, and enjoy. This discussion has the wheels coming off the bus.
    The Keg was loaded when Marty got hired.

Climb aboard.

7. nyjunc

What ball did the D recover? The D did their job when pitt had a big lead, the O closed the gap and made it a one score game then w/ the game and season on the line(and again the biggest possession by a Jets D since SB III) the D collapsed and allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

Our D blew it, the O could have been better but the game was lost by the defense.

8. Hobbes3259

So, I misunderstand the Denver game, because the D allowed Tebow to for 90 plus yards, in the last 2 minutes..to win?

9. Hobbes3259

There are no apologists. Only haters.

The guy has 4 playoff wins, and one losing season in 4 years, playing for shit coaches, with retread talent.

In a demonstrably shitty offense.

If you understood the difference, that would be something, but sincee you dont care to discern the difference between systems, that pretty much labels you a blind hater.

But...SAM BRADFORD HAD A CAREER YEAR!!!!!!

and the Rams, finished 23 rd in offense.

So, to recap .......

poor Schitty, has been Shackled by....Penny,Favre,Sanchez,and Bradford.

Interesting.

#14229 Hobbes3259, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  10. nyjunc

championship defenses don't allow 30 pts in a title game(only 2 times has a D allowed 30 or more in a title game and both of those teams lost in the SB)
    championship defenses don't allow an offense to get 2 1st downs to end a game w/o giving their O a chance

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Kolb was not a credible alternative (and I can say this because earlier in this thread I 'rated' him below Sanchez; I think Kolb sucks). As for Flynn, you're viewing him having already played for Idzik as something that should put him in good stead with Idzik, i.e. Flynn represents "glass half full."

I look at it from the other angle *and maybe from Idzik's as well* that Flynn, like Kolb, was not the answer either, especially after Idzik saw first hand Flynn (with his $$-contract offer) losing out to a rookie whom they eventually deemed more of a game worthy starter during training camp competition. About training camp: isn't that where we are presently?

The point being: did the Seahawks throw that $-offer at Flynn and draft Wilson in the 3rd round with the idea that it would play out the way it did? No. So while Sanchez may end up retaining his starting spot, it is still reasonable to view this as not yet a done deal, your "use your powers of observation" comment aside.

Wilson was drafted with the #75 pick.
    Foles (battling with Vick) was drafted with the #85 pick.
    Smith was picked at #39?!! Day'em, they must've liked that sum a' bitch! ; )

Milliner (replacing Revis) a pre-draft top 5 pick sitting there at #9, Rex being Rex grabs another DL (after losing 2 of his DL starters from last year), the Jets had a boatload of roster holes to address---THEY STILL DO BTW---so while I admit you can't really sexy up the #39 pick, you can also look at it in big-picture 'context' <----"context" ..... how's that, junc?

That said, I must commend you on your typing (above). Compared to many of your other posts, I could read this one ..... even if I do not entirely agree with it. :beer:

Lemme get the math straight here: the Jets 'D' only got a 2 point safety because the 'O' couldn't put it in the endzone FROM ONE YARD OUT for a 7 point TD/PAT, which would've represented a 5-point swing? .... in a game we lost 24-19? ...

12. nyjunc

if we score the TD there the D probably gives up a long FG drive and the game ends. The D did nothing but fall on ben who fumbled the snap. I guess I should be happy they didn't give up a 99 yd pass play though.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Who is saying this?

Name names or stop jerking off to your straw man.

Knocking down fictional arguments explains why you have such a high e-self esteem. Everybody else is wondering who the hell you are talking to with this nonsense.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only reason I read this thread anymore is to see junc smack key parts of Hobbes' arguments out of the water while Hobbes pretends that he and junc are of the same mind.

Huge credit to junc on that. Funny as hell.

15. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I haven't read this thread for 678 pages, and I will go back to living that way, what a mess.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Sir ... Please.
    With 1:13 left in the 1st half, Sanchez had completed 3 of 11 pass attempts for 24 yards. Three completions in the first 29 minutes of a conference championship game. Wonderful.

When the D intercepted Ben and gave the O the ball near midfield as the 2nd Q started we were only down 7-0. Sounds like a football game to me. We ran three plays, lost 2 yards and punted nowhere giving the Steelers good FP.

When Pittsburgh followed their FG by kicking off out of bounds we got the ball on the 40 with 6:00 left in the half still only down 10-0 with great FP. 10-3 and it's anyone's football game with a few minutes left in the half. All we needed was to answer their FG with FG. We ran three plays for 2 yards and punted. Sanchez -- two incompletions ... About 1:00 run off the clock and no points.

When we got the ball back with 2:00 left down 17-0 we ran two plays .... A sack and and incomplete pass ... Then proceeded to hand them 7 points on a fumble return. 24-0 ... See you next year.

"The O could have been better"? You think??
    BOTH sides of the ball played like shit in the first half. Both did nothing to help get us to the SB. Both played better in the second half, but it just wasn't good enough.

17. nyjunc

I ask again- what ball did the D recover?

You make it seem like the INT was some spectacular play, it was a giveaway on a 4th down. For some reason pitt didn't run it as they were steamrolling through our swiss cheese D and Ben tried to make a play rather than go down on downs.

The ball near midfield after that HUGE interception? was at the THIRTY FIVE- when did the 35 become midfield?

the next possession? lost 4 yds on 1st down on a trick play, then had a false start. it was 2nd and 19. GREAT position for a QB to succeed, right?

The bottom line is this. The game was a one score game w/ 3 mins and 3 TOs left. The D allowed an opponent to run out the clock, a big time D doesn't do that. No matter what happened earlier, the struggles of the O, D and STs- it came down to that possession for a chance to win the game and our D failed.

18. nyjunc

I think Rex has made his decision

[​IMG]

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Since you decided it was:

Spin that. Let me guess. 1 yard makes all the difference.

You're a clown.

20. nyjunc

you got me. Man you are a master debater. It's cute how you save all my posts and look for an opening on a meaningless point. It still doesn't help your weak arguments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.