Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Right and they have Eli Manning a capable NFL QB that can put up points. I'm not saying you're wrong. What I'm saying is that you're being unreasonable. Yes the defense SHOULD have held a Peyton Manning offense scoreless for the entire 2nd half but they didn't. That doesn't absolve the offense from not doing their jobs which was to score points or at least put the team in position to get field goals. But you're so entrenched with Sanchez that you can't give him any kind of blame in those playoff losses.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

A player's stats don't have to be great to have a strong impact on a game. Unfortunately our greatest playoff win in recent history against NE, Sanchez was money on 3rd down and in the RZ. The best part was that he didn't turn the ball over, he wasn't even close.
    That game he had a killer instinct, just when you thought the Patriots were coming back, there's Sanchez completing a big pass play to Cotchery for a large amount of yards.

Damn shame we're far away from those days.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

We went into halftime having scored 3 measly points.

The "D" shutout (as in ZERO points!) Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh in the 2nd half.

"Oh if our 'D' could've done its job, MARK could've this.....MARK could've that...."

Dr. Spinnaker meet Dr. Cherrypicker.

I am convinced that your ego has you hitching your wagon to Sanchez to the point you'd throw the Jets overall as a team under the proverbial bus if it helped you in your obsessive need to "win" an argument.

This is not a personal flame; all the ball-busting aside, I am being sincere here. For you to denigrate the Jet defense after that 2nd half is pretty rotten.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

in playoff losses we didnt score enough points to win. we didnt score them in part because of the quarterback, whom this thread is all about.

as i said before if you want to shit on the defense go and make a thread about it. this is about sanchez, not the defense.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Eli led his Os to and 17 in regulation in their 2 title games, Mark led his O's to 17 in his 2 title game losses.

In both of Eli's title games D/STs set up GW FGs in OT. In the SF title game they scored 10 pts in the last 3 qtrs., both scores set up by muffed/fumbled punts deep in SF territory.

avg starting field position on scoring drives:

Eli:
    at GB: NY 40
    at SF: 50

Mark:
    at Ind: NY 38
    at Pit: NY 28

switch the QBs, the results are the same. Those games were won by DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The offense can't control what the defense does and vice versa. The team didn't put up enough points period.

It's very hyperbolic to say "switch the QB's and results are the same"

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Given Sanchez' history of fumbling the ball under pressure, no way he wins that SF game. Eli got his bell rung time after time and didn't put it on the ground. Hate to say it but you CAN NOT say that about our QB, not when his history proves otherwise.

8. nyjunc

The D also set the tone w/ a 9 min TD drive to start the game and putting us in a huge hole. The D did shut out Pitt in the 2nd half but when Pitt needed 2 first downs to end the game they got them. A big time D gets a stop and gives their O a chance- ours failed.

we scored 17 a game.

Peyton's Os in playoff losses: 14.8 PPG
    Romo: 11 PPG
    Eli: 9.7 PPG
    Ryan: 15.5 PPG
    Flacco: 13.5

9. nyjunc

Mark only has 1 postseason fumble and it was really an incomplete pass. Eli threw TWO balls up for grabs that were so bad in SF that 2 SF DBs collided knocking the ball from each other each time.

You do know Eli has just ONE less TO since 2009, right? mark overtook him in week 17 of last year.

and we gave up too much. Against a legendary choker we allowed 30 pts, in the next title game Pitt ran all over us and when we got w/in a score our D need to allow 1 or 0 first downs. They couldn't. Baltimore had a chance to pull off a miracle in Den last year b/c their D gave their O a chance- ours couldn't do it.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Set the tone? How about scoring THREE measly points in the entire first half? Let's ignore that in our cherrypicking...

Oh and puttinig us in a "huge hole?"

7-0???

Huge hole?

Got it

11. nyjunc

Pitt dominated TOP, it's hard to score when you don't have the ball. Teams/players will have bad halves but we got the game w/in score w/ THREE TOs and 3 minutes to play- an eternity. I was in that building that day, the crowd was scared at that point and our D couldn't get a stop to give us a chance.

The huge hole was 17-0.

12. 101GangGreen101

Yes indeed. Friend of mine was at the game (I was too scared to go lol) the crowd was very nervous that if we got the ball back we would score.

Defense just one stop, they couldn't do that. This team was based on our defense and run game. Both didn't play so well.

I still didn't agree with the 3rd and 17 pass play dialed up by schotty though. We should of ran a draw and punted for field position.

Our run defense couldn't stop jack shit so I guess that could be a reason as to why we were pressing on offense

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

what's funny is that so many people here have short memories. It was a point in which many had confidence in Sanchez in high pressured, late game situations as he was focused as ever to lead the team to TDs.

14. nyjunc

as bad as that play was in the end it didn't really hurt us. if the play is ruled incomplete instead of a fumble we have to punt from inside our 20(weatherford was horrible in postseason) and Pitt had 1 TO. They likely get the ball around their 40 w/ plenty of time to at least get a FG to go up 20-0. after the fumble we kicked a FG to pull w/in 21- virtually the same difference.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

exactly. People here also forever that STUPID 3rd and 17 call that eventually canned the JETS for a SB appearance.
    There was absolutely no point in calling a deep ball in that situation.

But even with all that, with all the praise the JETS D gets with Rex here, the D sucked ass that night and couldnt tackle for shit.

I said many times before but if the D would of stopped Pit on 3rd down, Mark is leading the team down the field for a TD, Jets make SB.

16. nyjunc

I don't know if we score a TD and win but I sure would have liked to see the O get that chance.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this thread is about mark sanchez and what MARK SANCHEZ has done positively and negatively. not the defense.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

So people in this thread outside of the few think Sanchez has done ANYTHING positively? Sure doesn't seem that way.

19. 101GangGreen101

I don't see any benefit to a fumble return for a TD. In hindsight it may no longer matter but that fumble put us in a crappy hole. I guess you were trying to defend Schottenheimer again... Ben wasn't spectacular in throwing the football that day, maybe we force a TO or something.

Agreed. The defense was beyond disappointing that day. Maybe it was the emotional win over NE the week before, but players were lacking motivation on that first drive. Extremely embarrassing.

People never bring up that 3rd and 17 play never. It was free points for the other team!

20. nyjunc

I am not saying it was a good play but it really didn't end up being the difference. That Fg at the end of the half was huge to make the TD less significant.

I remember seeing the team come out of the tunnel and they looked lifeless, no emotion. I didn't have a good feeling at that point and Pitt proceeded to take it to us in the 1st half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.