Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The word is delusional

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

No words of logic are necessary

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I saw that too...there should have been a flag. The guy smacked him right in the facemask...stunned him.

But he did look lost out there on a number of plays.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

There's no doubt the only reason he didn't finish among the INT leaders in 2010 was simply because he was damn lucky that year. JUNC and Hobbes will tell you that the stat is bullshit, but isn't it odd that in his other three seasons, he's been #2, #3 and #5 in INT's thrown.

Somebody has to lead the league in dropped INTs each year. If they tell me that in 2010, it happens to be the same guy who leads the entire league in INT in his other three seasons, I have no reason not to believe it. If you told me Tom Bady, or Peyton Manning led the league in dropped INts in 2010, I would question the validity of the stat. If you tell me it was Mark Sanchez, it makes perfect sense.

Since he didn't have too many INTs that year, but he has a boatload of them in 2009, 2011 and 2012, the most logical explanation is that a ton of potential INTs must have been dropped in 2010.

The man is an awful quarterback. A nonstop turnover machine from the first day he stepped on the field. Anyone who thinks he'll suddenly stop giving the ball away is completely delusional.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It was not just the dropped INTs in 2010 where he was extremely fortunate. It was also the fumbles. 9 fumbles and only 1 lost fumble. Compare that to 2011 10 fumbles 8 lost and 2012 14 fumbles 8 lost. Give him normal luck in 2010 with 15 dropped INTs and 9 fumbles and he ends up right around his 2011 and 2012 totals of 26 turnovers per year. Amazing how he gravitates to that figure every year,

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

remember it's preseason week1. He had 2 poor plays, one physical(the near INT), one mental(the INT) but it was great to see him bounce back and not let the mistake snowball like we saw a year ago. That is real progress and hopefully he continues to improve.

Geno didn't look very good but it's one game, his first so let's see how he progresses and hope he keeps getting better.

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Geno would have looked much better if he had the same passing opportunities that Sanchez had. They gave him shit plays just to get him comfortable in a live NFL game experience.. Hopefully they unleash him Saturday night against the Jags so we can really see what he can do.

8. nyjunc

yep, it was all about the playcalling.:lol:

Geno will get his chance, he didn't look good out there but again it was his first game and it was kind of to be expected. I expect he'll be much better Saturday.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Here's the thing, Junc.... and the most disturbing thing about Friday night.

If you already know you are una máquina de la interceptación, you'd want to really work on that, right? I mean, you'd go into the 2013 season telling yourself, every morning, every day, every practice, "I am not going to be una máquina de la Interceptación". I refuse to allow myself to do that. I will do everything within my power, especially this Friday night, to rid myself of this interceptación curse.

I mean, seriously, you'd really want to concentrate on that. Really pay attention to it. You'e fighting for your job now! You have to tell yourself you're not going to do any more of that. So what does he do? He wasn't on the field all that long and goes right back to doing it again.... for the pick 6, deep in ther territory.

I'll give you the bounce-back. It showed tremendous courage and determination to wing the ball out there after the pick 6. It surprised me, even. But let's put it in perspective. You EXPECT that from a 5-year QB... the bounce back. What you don't expect from a 5-year QB is the continuing complete disregard for ball security in all forms. After 5 years you'd expect more, but it's in his blood, I'm afraid, for lack of a better way of expressing it.

A better way of expressing it is, he obviously can't help himself, otherwise he'd stop. It's the curse of "La máquina de la Interceptación" and there doesn't seem to be any way for him to rid himself of doing this stuff.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sanchez, a 5th year pro, can't distance himself from a 2nd round rookie.

But, Geno, who pouted over not being taken #1 QB in the nation, can't distance himself from the worst QB in the NFL 2 years running. If Sanchez, of all QBs, is beating him out in training camp, his friends must be giving him a ton of shit!

11. Section 227. Row 5

A couple of things here...

I wouldn't expect any rookie to come in and distance himself from Sanchez, just because he has 4 years under center. And I hardly think Geno's friends are giving him shit for not distancing himself from Sanchez even though he is La máquina de la Interceptación.

But you're right, Sanchez is not distancing himself either. If it comes down to a "Mexican standoff" (pun intended), Rex has already referred to Sanchez as "the incumbant."

Enter GMac, who is quietly starting to distance himself from both. Now we have a real problem on our hands.

12. Section 227. Row 5

And another point about this...

I don't know how many minutes Sanchez was on the field but it wasn't a long time. Maybe the 1st quarter, right?

But he manages to throw the one pick 6 and a near miss on the other one in that short period of time. If I extrapolate his time on the field and extend it to the entire game, now you're looking at 4 INTs and 4 near misses. That's the thing that's so disturbing about his first 2013 Preseason Game exhibition. You can't win games that way! And the trend obviously still appears to be there!

13. Section 227. Row 5

It's like the little boy with the pet snake. And the snake asks him if he can sleep in the little boy's bed with him.

And the little boy says, "But you're a snake and you might bite me!" To which the snake relies, "No, I promise I won't bite you." So teh little boy allows the snake to sleep with him and in the middle of the night, the snake bites him.

The little boy cries out, "You said you wouldn't bite me!" And the snake replies,"Yes, but I'm a snake, remember?"

Same thing with Mark. "Put me in coach, and I promise I won't turn the ball over."

Rex: Fuck me once, shame on you. Fuck me twice, shame on me.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i must say personally it really doesn't matter what happens with sanchez. i think this is, at best, a transition year for the team and i do not expect a good W-L record....

but when i saw the replays of the INT i laughed out loud.

u just couldn't script it any better in jetland....but at the same time he comes back and takes it down the field with ease and puts up a TD.

but with the QB position the negatives inherently outshine the positives - especially with sanchez.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hahahahaha - nice one sec.....

this almost exact snake story was used in a political article discussing the current white house administration and the "perceived" disconnect about what is said and what is actually done.

LOL

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

fuck me 52 times and i am your bitch

17. nyjunc

Not a good start, we can't see those going forward but I think it was huge how he bounced back and how he looked overall. if stuff like that happens in the reg season he will be on the bench quickly.

and 4 TDs!:grin:

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't forget how good Sanchez looked in his first preseason game last year, we know how well that worked out.

19. nyjunc

I don't recall that. Our O looked pretty bad in preseason a year ago.

20. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Exactly. He has presumably been foaming at the mouth to prove to the world that he isn't Mr. Turnover Buttfumble, and the first chance he gets to do so he throws a horrid, wince inducing pick 6, and follows it up with what could have easily been another.

He was responsible for ZERO points. His bounce back drive only got back the points he gave away. Im sick of our QB giving points away. Giving momentum away. Giving games away. It's inexcusable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.