Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Upon further review.......he still sucks.

Nice post.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can see the retort already:

"I can hand-pick bad plays from any QB in the league to make my point" or some shit like that, even though it's clear as day I'm exposing Sanchez's shitty peripheral vision and lack of anticipation. These plays clearly pinpoint those two faults.

I really wish I could find the Andre Goodman and Rob Ninkovich clips, because these aren't isolated incidents, they are a trend, and unlike gamblers like Brees, Favre, Eli, etc., Bumchez doesn't have the production to justify making these plays regularly.

But it was Schottenheimer's fault, right?

#14062 Jake, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You can browse it from here:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20111...aign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=highlights&tab=recap

The thing is, Goodman cuts inside, knowing Sanchez just never lobs over. If Sanchez lobbed it over Goodman, Plax is almost certainly gone.

Also, I have said this times and again - Plax was PLEADING to Sanchez to lob the ball over, since Denver's DBs were all short. Sanchez NEVER threw a single fade to Plax that day.

It's Schottenheimer's fault all right in my books.

#14063 Zach, Aug 11, 2013
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I want to know how that inaccurate throw was Brian Schottenheimer's fault. That was a bad decision, as if Sanchez didn't see Goodman in his periphery, he didn't anticipate him being able to jump the route. Two critical faults of our Quarterback. He didn't have to make that throw, it was nobody's fault but his own. That INT changed that game completely.

#14064 Jake, Aug 11, 2013
  5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You just don't get it. Do you?

1. Schottenheimer had to design the route combinations in such a way that Sanchez never had to throw fade toward Plax. Ignore that Plax was pleading to lob over the puny DBs all game long. It is Schottenheimer's fault, not Sanchez.

2. Schottenheimer had to design the protection scheme so Sanchez never had to look at Plax inside all the time

If you still don't get it yet: his mere presence makes Sanchez an inaccurate QB. [Oh, Same logic applies to Sparano.]

------------------------------------------------

By now, I hope you got my joke.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the name, Schottenheimer, should be banned from this site.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What a game for Sanchez! 40/52 500 yards 4TD 4INT.

Don't like that logic.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah, I get it. I want Hobbes to adress it.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Hahaha could you imagine the debates

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

What's really scary about Sanchez is the fact that after having watched just about every game he's played I would be surprised if he wasn't in the top 5 of QB's with the most dropped interceptions.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually just looked at Football outsiders rankings for 2012 on dropped interceptions. Sanchez wasn't that bad in that regard in 2012, only 5 dropped interceptions, but when you add dropped interceptions, take out tipped interceptions and take out interceptions on hail Mary's his adjusted interceptions for 2012 was 21. AKA it adds in interceptions that should have happened and takes out interceptions that wasn't the QB's fault.

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

so in other words, its ok to make horrible throws because its not a great play call?

STFU and GTFO with that garbage.

you can still throw the ball away, take a sack, etc. you dont HAVE to gift wrap pick 6's just cause the scheme is bad

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He was number one in dropped INTs in 2010. I believe the number was around 19 that year if I recall correctly.

But just as important as INTS is fumbles lost. Sanchez has led the league in that Category each of the last two years. Hopefully he will not defend his title this year.

Edit: I looked it up in 2010 Sanchez only had 15 dropped INTs but led the league in dropped INTs. The next closest QB had 9. Link here.

#14073 Noam, Aug 11, 2013
  14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Didn't the Jets also recover an insane amount of fumbles that year as well?

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Son, bragging about your own stupidity in a public forum is never a good thing. Learn to read between the lines - it will go a very long way in your internet life. I guarantee it.

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Yes, they did in 2010 Sanchez had 9 Fumbles but only 1 lost fumble. Compare that to 2011 10 fumbles 8 lost. 2012 14 fumbles 8 lost and 2009 10 fumbles 3 lost. He easily could have led the league in fumbles lost all 4 years rather than just the last two.

Pretty consistent in total fumbles except 2012 where he had a big jump. Just a big difference in recovery rate. Although in 2009-2010 his exposure to pass rushes was very limited as were his total hits those two years. Although even with his jump in QB hits taken in 2011 he was stiil one of the least hit QBs (5th least hit) in football. But in 09 and 10 he took even less hits so his percentage of fumbles those two years was likely very high in comparison to 11 and 12.

It would be interesting to see the type of fumbles as some fumbles are much worse. For example the Ravens game when he fumbled twice where he panicked and froze like a statue waving the ball above his head until he got hit both resulting in defensive TDS. Compare that type of fumble to one in SF last year when he panicked when rushed lowered his head ran blindly through a crowd of defenders not seeing where he was running holding the ball in one hand away from his body. While the SF fumble last year might be more frustrating to watch because of the stupidity involved it was not as dangerous where the defense is likely to recover and possibly return it for a score.

#14076 Noam, Aug 11, 2013
  17. laxin

laxin Active Member

:lol::lol::lol:

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing I don't understand about Rex's devotion to Sanchez is how a defensive head coach can tolerate let alone promote a QB who turns the ball over so much.

I understand Rex wanting the running game to be dominant and then using that to setup the pass. I don't think that's the most effective way to go in the Peyton/Brady Era but I understand the logic of wanting the offense to chew up the clock and let the defense stay strong and rested.

The problem is that a run-based long sequence offense can't afford to turn the ball over at the rate the Jets have. That's just asking to lose tight games instead of winning them and it's begging to get blown out a few times a year when the other team turns the turnovers into points and puts that sequence offense in a hole it can't dig its way out of.

Mark Sanchez is about the worst possible QB for a Rex Ryan coached team. He's low efficiency so he can't lead the long clock-killing drives AND he turns the ball over at a brisk pace as well.

It just doesn't make sense. Rex should have asked the Jets to show Sanchez the door after last season. Instead he appears to be hoping he'll be on the field to start this season sabotaging all the things Rex does well.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

You're next post containig actual football analysis, will be your first.:rofl:

You, major in post critique.

Open question, does Hobbes breakdown, posts..,or football

You be the judge.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/search.php?searchid=825863

Simple question..lhow many pages do you have to troll back, on the troll, to find football analysis?

As for actual football..Maybe you really are a Jets fan, because #6 is better than not many people in the NFL.

You deal in circumstance Hobbes, not with actual football.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I got that logic fron Ovie...TDK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.