Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

the gates in was a touch pass between over under coverage. you are nitpicking that it wasnt placed better, when it was placed perfectly for gates to get it and make a what 20 something yard completion?

the hill pass could have been batted down if it were in front and on his chest. since the defender was right on him he needed to put the ball into hills body so only hill could have a play on it, which he did, and it was an easy 7 yards.

the kerley pass he loses no momentum going forward and there is no way that he could get any more yards out of the situation since he was running toward the sideline and was being forced out by two defenders, one of which he tried to make a move on.

the near int should be worked out better but it was a timing play and was only slightly off, and like i said, im not sure if winslow was supposed to stay with his block as long, he hits him twice then releases. seems like he should have hit him once then turned around and received the pass but it didnt work out that way, and winslow beasted the defender.

the actually int was a total play breakdown and sanchez made the worst possible decision with the ball, but it happened on the first drive and he picked himself and the team up and came out firing the second drive, which only stalled due to penalties...

i dare you to find a more accurate ball than the strike to winslow on the sideline. defender right on him, ball placed perfectly in front of winslow where the defender has no play on the ball, and winslow grabs it and moves down the sideline for a big gain. just cause its sanchez doesnt mean it cant be pretty.

but lets not talk about the footwork and timing issues with geno, lets juts talk about his pretty spiral....

nitpicking at its finest...

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I am saying it was not "spot on" or "flawless". Again, that's a huge gain, probably a TD if it's a more accurate pass. Don't tell me something is flawless or spot on and then backpedal and say I'm nit picking when I point out that it's NOT flawless or spot on. I didn't go take screen shots and point out the off target completions until people started talking up his performance as flawless and spot on.

Hill has a step on the defender AND has him essentially boxed out. I don't see how the defender could have possibly made a play on that ball if it's correctly placed.

On both of those passes you seem to think Sanchez is purposely placing a ball in a position that puts the receiver on the ground catching it. I'm not convinced that Sanchez has that type of accuracy or awareness. In fact I'd be shocked if you could show me anything that suggests he does.

The pass is blatantly off target. If you don't think it is then you don't know what you're looking at.

Sanchez sucks at screen passes. He has a long history of it. He failed yet again. Don't blame everyone else on Sanchez sucking.

What are you talking about? I never said it wasn't a good pass in fact I've already give him credit for that pass!

Did I say anything about Geno? If someone asked me about Geno's performance I'd tell them the only thing about it that impressed me was his arm strength. I was actually a bit disappointed in what I saw. He needs to be practicing this week if he wants any shot at winning this competition for week 1. He doesn't look ready.

You just don't get it. Understand what you're responding to before you respond with this horse shit. People are claiming Sanchez was "flawless" or "spot on" outside the 2 plays. HE WAS NOT. THAT is the purpose for showing all these off target passes. If it's a game that matters and he's moving the chains and putting up points I don't give much of a shit. If it's a regular season game and those off target passes turn into tipped balls for INT's or we miss out on scoring opportunities we needed to win, I'm not so happy.

Sanchez was exactly what he always has been IMO. He was careless and inconsistent with his accuracy. The difference in completion percentage on Friday was that he got help from his receivers on some poor balls and the system is much better. It was great seeing open receivers for him to throw to. Every QB should have that from the system.

Did he make some "spot on" or "flawless" throws? Sure he did - probably 4 or 5 of them. He's always had the ability to make those throws, he's just never been consistent with it.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's true. From the camera we have hill has nobody in front of him. The pass I would have liked to seen was out where hill could use arms and extend to get the ball.

Remember passer rating is not a good stat, don't use it to judge Sanchez. Unless you want to use it to judge Sanchez and call him one of the best playoff passers in history.

4. MexiRoll6

MexiRoll6 Banned

Sanchez came out of the Lions game with a passer rating of 98.1, which is damn good. What is unforgivable is the pick six, which was a totally BAD DECISION on his part. He can't seem to help himself in those situations. I think his brain locks up and he just doesn't care about the football anymore, just don't hit me. He will probably win the QB job to start the season, but I doubt he lasts more than five games in.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To be fair, this time all his throws were in the vicinity of the receiver so they could try to make the play.

Also I know everyone is saying "besides the INT" and I think this could be an effective point if it wasn't an area of concern with Sanchez. If through his career he protected the ball and didn't make throws/decisions like this, I think you could write it off. But this has happened multiple times before and has been a constant problem for Sanchez. That's why everyone is focusing on it. We need these types of plays to stop because they've been a constant problem.

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

who the hell said he was flawless? he played a great game minus a couple bad throws, which could potentially just be timing issues in a new offense. if he threw the pick 6 and went to the sidelines sulking and spiraled out of control from there, id get your criticism, but he picked himself up and put the passes in the receivers hands. you cant ask for anything more.

this is complete nitpicking. you can point out all the what ifs and what could have beens, but its just not based in reality. maybe gates gets a couple more yards, maybe he hears footsteps and drops the pass thats out in front of him. but you are looking at the passes being thrown that are good and discounting them just because you dont think he has enough accuracy to do that?

keep on talking its pretty funny actually.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Was thinking last night.

Bad system?
    New system?
    Rotation at WR?
    No WR? No TE? Tebow?
    Geno?

This kid still fights on. Playing in New York. Even with the buttfumble. He still wants to compete and win.

I and many other would run for the hills under those kind of pressures.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'll agree with you on that - we can't ask for more from Sanchez because he just doesn't have the ability to be better.

The rest of your post is your inability to understand things. I'll leave it at that.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I said outside of his INT and the near INT he played a flawless game. Apparently that meant every single throw was perfectly placed, which was not what I was saying.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And I'm handsome if it wasn't for my face.

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

this is just another in a long line of misguided posts in this thread.

1) what does geno smith's issues have to do with sanchez? Geno smith could throw 5 interceptions or 5 touchdowns and none of that would have any bearing on how good or bad mark sanchez is.

2) there is no nit picking going on. 89 turnovers in 4 seasons is not nit picking. thats an enormous sample of horrible decision making. a career completion percentage of 55. a career yards per attempt of 6.5. those are horrific when it comes to accuracy. so it isnt nitpicking to call him out in the preseason after making the same mistake on an interception when he has made that same inexcuseable mistake for 4 years now. and its not nitpicking to knock his offtarget throws(completions or not) when his throws have been off target for 4 seasons.

its not always about the end result. because if you continue to do things the wrong way, more often then not its going to burn you. the overthrow to winslow went as just an incompletion, but more often then not, thats picked off, for example.

12. jerseyjay14

if that wasnt what you were saying, then you clearly dont understand the definition of the word flawless

13. Murrell2878

If I meant his passes were flawless, then that's what I would have said. I said he played flawless, which he did. He got the ball to his receivers, made good throws, found the right guys. What more can you ask for? No one throws every pass perfectly

14. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i mean technically you would be right considering he only had one incompletion minus those two plays, but completing passes only counts when its absolutely perfect, didnt you know?

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

sounds to me like somebody cant defend their position further, ill leave it at that.

16. jerseyjay14

but (outside of those 2 throws) he didnt play flawless. he had incompletions, he threw behind a few guys limiting their ability to run after the catch.

no, everyone doesnt throw every pass perfectly. but thats what flaweless means. no flaws. everything perfect. incompletions arent perfect. limiting your wideouts RAC isnt flawless.

people arent saying he played poorly(outside of those 2 throws) just debating those 11 completions were not flawless, which LTJF clearly illustrated

17. Murrell2878

He threw one incompletion. Managed the offense well. Moved the ball. Got the ball to his receivers. Every pass will never be perfect so nit picking every pass is irrelevant.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I never understood what was so hard about *gasp* admitting you overreached in your argument. We all have done it. He clearly didn't play flawless, "other than the pick"(as dumb as that is), by any stretch of the imagination. To continue to play word games trying to find some angle to make your post correct just makes you look like a groupie.

20. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sanchez only played three series, and he managed to turn the ball over once...and almost turned it over twice. You say you are encouraged by his overall play?

The pick six alone was the kind of play that could cost your team the game. It was horrendous and 100% on him. I mean, I can't even relate to you how bad of a play that was. He GAVE the other team 7 points on a silver platter, and then immediately almost did the same thing, or at least turn the ball over again with good field position on a bad pass.

We're talking about the guy that led the league in turnovers the past two years, so I'm not sure about any quick fix for this type of thing.

#14000 feldspar, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.