Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for these pictures. It shows the problem Sanchez has at WCO - his ball placement is god damn horrible even on the completions. His receivers cannot make anything happen after the catch as a result.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You are kidding me right? I wonder if you people ever played football hell ever watched it. The lack of football knowledge on this board is beyond belief

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So let's see ... you post that sanchez was "spot on" on all of his passes except the pick 6 to a dlineman and excuse his other very near pick 6 by blaming the receiver which was stupid. Then I post 5 photos of sanchez throwing not "spot on" passes and you claim the board lacks football knowledge.

Awesome. Just awesome.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly the first image is the first pass of the game in which Sanchez was being retreated into the backfield and he threw on his back foot with a low throw. Everything else mentioned is ok but is a massive w.e as he improved as the game went on and thats a massive positive as in the past he would hang his head. Yesterday he didnt. I dont know why so many have trouble giving credit where its due. All need to calm down as it was one preseason game but overall Sanchez is looking better.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The problem is that some of the sanchez clan is trying to claim he was flawless or "spot on" outside of 1 pass. That is clearly not true. He threw 4 to 5 "spot on" passes. He also threw a couple of flat out ridiculous passes and a bunch of poorly targeted passes that were completions none the less.

6. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

So I should be content with Sanchez looking exactly the same player as the last two years, showing basically no improvement in making reads or throw quality, entering his fifth year in the league and showed no signs of being upset with himself over the pick 6 after the game - because he improved and didn't hang his head as the game went on...?

Why, when it comes to the Jets, are there fans who'd settle for below average at THE most important position?

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Because fans so often buy fully in to the hype. tagged the Sanchize when drafted despite having had one season a starter in college and not an overwhelming season at that, a solid season no doubt but not anything that set the world on fire either.

As a team who has been as dismal for as long as the Jets have been fans tend to latch on and are loathe to give up hope. That's not entirely true though, fans hung on forever hoping Todd would be the next Joe Willie.

The biggest bane though is that the Jets made the playoffs his first two years and they've sold themselves on the idea that he's the reason they made it, despite all evidence to the contrary.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Stats aside he was off on a ton of throws

That's an issue

Credit is not due to him until he improves his weaknesses something he's yet to show

9. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I actually thought his pass to Clyde Gates was a good throw. If he would have put it out in front, Gates may have dropped it or it could have been batted down. The pass Stephen Hill wasn't bad as it also could have been batted down if it was chest high. Every other pass was catchable, but obviously not where you want the ball.

10. feldspar

feldspar Member

I bet if you asked Sanchez what his favorite number is, he would pick 6.

11. b.reyes16

........ha

12. 1968jetsfan

Just want to understand your argument, especially in regards to the Gates pass. Your argument is that by putting the ball where it's more difficult to catch Sanchez made it easier to catch.

I mean that has to be your argument since you said if he put it out in front Gates may have dropped it or it may have been batted down.

I guess it all depends on where you expectations are set.

13. b.reyes16

By putting the ball in a spot where it's harder to catch, Sanchez made a safer pass is what I am saying. Players sometimes need to make tough catches if it means taking care of the ball.

The safer the throw, the more comfortable I am with Sanchez.

14. 1968jetsfan

Just so you know those types of throws won't work in a WCO, WCO is predicated on YAC. Can't get YAC if your always having to reach behind you or dive for the ball.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I understand this when going vertical but the plays are in front of Mark

In the WCO you have to hit receivers in stride to allow them to make plays

Geno did that they just didn't make any plays

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Im no Sanchez apologist, but I see the point. If there's a wide window to throw the ball, then yes, hit the receiver in stride.

But there has to be A LOT of times, especially under pressure, when the throwing window is 2 feet to the left or right and the QB has no choice but to lob the ball in the area of where the receiver should be. Sometimes the QB can't even see the receiver with d-lineman in his face, especially on screens.

Geno had a 3rd down pass batted down. Maybe if he had thrown it a bit to the left or right, it wouldn't have been batted down, but the receiver would have to adjust to get to it.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Geno made the correct read but the DL made a good play on it

Adjusting to the coverage is completely different

For example a CB trying to jump an out or comeback you'd throw to the outside hoping the receiver can get his feet under him and reach for the catch but to an open receiver the ball has to hit their numbers and they have to be able to get YAC especially catching it 5-10 yards within the LOS

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I follow this reasoning on the Gates pass. In real time I thought Braylon's man could have popped Gates if Gates was catching this in stride.

Hill I disagree, he's a bigger,taller guy. Putting it low on a slant seemed counter productive.

19. b.reyes16

I understand your point about the WCO, but I don't think it applies in this situation. If the throw were where he could get YAC, then the throw would not have been safe at all. It was a tight window. He made the safe throw.

Again, I don't think your point applies well to that specific play. I can see where it would apply to some of the other throw, the Kerley one mainly, but not on that specific play.

I am by no means a Sanchez apologist. I'm actually rooting for Geno. That doesn't mean that I'm going to bash Sanchez no matter what. He played well for the most part last night, IMO. It was crazy to see such a high completion percentage from all of the quarterbacks. It shows what kind of difference a competent OC makes.

20. b.reyes16

Hill's play is a little tougher to judge due to the angle on the camera, but it looks to me like the CB had his hand in their around his upper chest/shoulder area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.