Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

But overall…I think the color Mark picked for his hair band tonight really speaks for his sensitive side. Like he said about the pick6 “who cares”? I believe he played well enough to cement his position as starter, just ask Rex.
    :lol:

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez had some positives to build off of. Some small things, he seemed more decisive, he didn't take a sack, he hit multiple receivers in stride (mostly all in 1 drive), he made quick choices even if it meant a checkdown

Negatives, he still made a crucial mistake for a TO that led to 6 points the other way. He also made some bad throws not near his receiver or that put the ball up for grabs.

Inconsistent, he had that one drive that made you go WOW, the one drive that makes facepalm, and the one ehh drive. He needs to cut down on the TO greatly. Overall, the offense under Sanchez netted 0 points because while they scored 7, they gave up 7.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

SOS- Same Old Sanchez

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is basically his career in a nutshell.

I see a lot of people saying to just take screen passes out of the playbook. This is the NFL, you can't just take screen passes out of the playbook. Take Sanchez out of the play is much more reasonable.

And he wasn't just poor on that play - which was completely ridiculous as usual. He was very lucky not to throw a second pick 6 and threw several off target passes that are the type that tend to get tipped up and intercepted.

He's careless and inconsistent with accuracy which leads to a lot of turnovers. Nothing has changed. The system is better and he can probably move the ball better within it, but he's still the same guy from what I saw.

Hopefully Geno doesn't miss any practice because it looked like he needs reps badly.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, his first two drives, the passes were shaky and not that on point. The bad Sanchez really shone. The 3rd drive, the good Sanchez shone going 5/5 I believe and hitting his receivers in stride and even changing his touch on the TD pass. It's a problem when you don't know what you are going to get with him drive to drive.

I agree, you need screen passes. Sanchez just needs to be much smarter, if the receiver is on the ground, don't throw it to him with a DL in front of him. Sanchez said to CBS the DL jumped out of the gym to grab that, I felt like the defender didn't make that great of a play. He was literally handed the ball

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're right. He also said "he had a lineman at his feet". No, he didn't. Sanchez just threw it right to him and apparently had no idea what he was looking at.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You wish this was his career in a nutshell.

10/13, close to 10 YPA.... (11, if you count the TD to Ansah:rofl:)

Several off target passes? He threw 3 incompletes. On 13 attempts.

i must have missed all that inaccuracy. The first two series, including the int, the line had him backing up on every play. Once they settled in...so did he. Shocking.

The only mistake he made(and it was a bad one) was not spiking the ball when the FB got tackled.

Thats the veteran play. Then he doesnt throw the pick, and gets the holding call.

#13847 Hobbes3259, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You've become too ridiculous to even listen to any more. Sanchez threw the ball directly to the d-linemen. It's his special move. There's absolutely no defense or sugar coating of that play. Just stop. If you have any pride in your self at all, just stop.

And he made a number of other errors that could result in INT's like he usually throws.

Time to add you to the nyjunc list of completely unreasonable people on here.

9. Hobbes3259

Dude, he missed 3 throws. Posted a 99 rating. Averaging close to 10ypa.

Thats not an argument. Thats the BOXSCORE.

Youre blinded by hate.

Your assertion is as ridiculous, as me countering " well at least he didnthurt himself, getting tackled by the turf" to attack Geno.

He made a ridiculous play, but at least give the guy the credit whwn he earns it.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Geezus fucking Christ.... Are people really complaining that Sanchez was throwing to wide open guys?!?!?!?! what the fuck is wrong with you guys??? Seriously!!! Guess what Sanchez hasn't had the last two years..... WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS TO THROW THE BALL TO! Anyone complaining that Sanchez is throwing to wide open receivers is an idiot in my opinion. Outside of the INT and the near INT he played a flawless game last night. He found the open receivers and then hit them in stride. What is there to complain about? This is also the first time Sanchez has played in a LEGITIMATE passing offense. He needs to straighten out the bullshit INT's like he threw last night, and the one he nearly threw but all in all, I am VERY happy with Sanchez's performance last night.

11. Hobbes3259

You want to know the difference ?

We finally have an OC.

First off, Sanchez was backing up on every play early on, including the blitzer in his face when he threw the int. and Ziggy made a big time play.

Bit look at the box score. And the rushing totals. Despite the lack of blocking....

All THREE QBs finished over 90 in passer rating.

Sanchez 99.8
    Gmac 99.7
    Geno 94.6

And on 10 completions, Sanchez hit 8 different guys...

#13851 Hobbes3259, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Dude stop making so much sense, people forgot how long it took for us to score an offensive touchdown last preseason. Also on the Geno injury, he had Braylon in the flat but took off running and injured himself. I know it's just preseason but, if I am fighting for a starting job I would be like doc tape me up and let me get back in. That's just me I guess.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Regardless, most variations of the WCO will show QB's having good completion numbers. So being 10 of 13 should be the norm, not an exception.....

However what will separate the men from the girls are 2 things - yards after the catch and number of first downs.

U can be a perfect 10 of 10 but if the above 2 things are not upper tier numbers, ur offense will be running in sand.

It remains to be seen if the jets current offense can succeed in those categories.

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol oh let me guess...that pick 6 skewed the numbers. Lol @ "other than the int"

15. Tom

Tom Member

Wow. Mark Sanchez had one of his better games weve seen and he still averaged 0 points. 6 for us and 6 for them. What a stud.

16. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

It was Geno's first time on an NFL field. He completed 6 of 7. His only INC was a blocked pass. No one knows if his downfield guys were open or not. Point is, he was accurate, and the injury kept him from showing more development. At least he didn't wet his pants at he sight of a pass rush like our 5th year prima donna--- who should have had 2 INTs in less than one lousy quarter, and then blows it off after the game with a comment that should have him packing his bags.

17. Tom

Tom Member

Dude it was the Lions in a preseason game. Do you think Sanchez will be throwing to those wide open receivers when we play teams that have a defense?

18. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

The question is that after 4 years in the NFL, is Sanchez really a starting QB? Do you as a fan want Sanchez to be your QB?

I think the guy was never developed properly and doesn't really have the tools to be a great QB.

19. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

So based on your logic that Geno is way better than Sancho shouldn't he have torched the lions if is was that easy?

20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

He does not know how to throw the screen. Never has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.