Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Moore was a consultant, Schotty was still calling all the plays. Does it make sense to you that Schotty only calls the plays between the 20's, while Moore takes over when they're in the red zone?

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So, Moore had zilch to do with the Redzone. Despite Tanny,Rex,Keller,Sanchez saying it publicly.

Interesting how far you go to defend a bad position.

It doesnt matter who is in the headset, play design, and strategy are systemic issues.
    Consequently...the Jets finished 2nd, in the Zone, and 25 overall.

System matters.

Fcol. Sanchez wore the headset twice in the preseason, and drove the team straight down the field to scores, running that crap offense.

Schotty sucks, and has been the Shackle on Sanchez, and it was his 32 scores that got him the extension, becuase he showed that coaching was the issue.

They cut Schotty with two years left on his deal.

3. The 1985er

I'm sure Moore had something to do with the red zone. Like I said he was a consultant to Schotty.

Oddly enough Schotty leaves and Sanchez has his worst season. Sanchez had his best season to date under Schotty in 2010. Schotty goes to STL and Bradford has his best season.

Schotty had to leave because we needed to see who was the bad one, or who was holding the other back and it looks like Sanchez was actually shackling Schotty.

4. Hobbes3259

2012? As I said, its utterly amazing how far you go to defend a bad position?

Sparano? Not an OC.

Holmes, the number 1 wr,Hill the number 2, and Keller, the saftey valve, miss a combined 30 games, and sparano manages 41 receptions to p,ayers out of the backfield and that shows Sanchez was shaxkling Schotty? Please tell me you are joking.

Oddly enough? :rofl:

And please..Bradford was a third year QB, who basically rpeared his rookie seasson minus a handful of ints.

5. The 1985er

The weapons aren't to blame for Sanchez bad pocket presence, bad decision making, his inaccuracy, over/under throwing players, bad footwork, can't consistently hit receivers stride. The weapons weren't great but the majority of the problems on offense were Sanchez.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

How exactly does him doing little inflate his stats? Please explain that one. In 2010, he helped win us games in the clutch. But I guess that's just an ideal passing situation when you need to go 70 yards in less than a minute, right? The handcuffs were off in 2011 & 2012. Inflated stats is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You cant pin his misreads on the weapons. He misses the LB/DB underneath way too often (2011: Sean Lee, Ninkovich, @Denver, @Oakland, @Baltimore, 2012: @Seattle, @Tennessee, Arizona, vsNE, @Buffalo). These are MENTAL mistakes that show a lack of periphery and anticipation requisite for an NFL QB. Theres no fucking way u can look at the tape of those specific and CRIPPLING INTs and pin it on the supporting cast. Those were brutal fucking misreads, baited by DBs into a trap coverage.

Thats before you even consider the fumble problems and overall clumsiness with the football. He may be the only QB inhistory to be picked by a NT twice in one game. Go look at the turnovers I am talking about and tell me thats how a good QB reads a defense. Im laughing already.

#13547 Jake, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

[​IMG]

Just sayin.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Yes we all know he was good in those six games where he threw avg 25 times and for less than 200 yds in 4 of them. The training wheels were on, now address my previous post.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Gotta get there

He sucks in the regular season

There's no post season with shit regular season play

11. Hobbes3259

The fumbles, are the real issue.

The INTs fall far more on Schottys retarded system

Hes not missing the LBs underneath nearly as much, as rhey have more than four seconds to jump the play.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm a firm believer that if Mark can cut back the turnovers, it will turn the team(and his stats) around, big time. He's shown flashes of greatness, they are just never for long periods of time.

13. Hobbes3259

Except, hes gotten there twice.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Every turnover I mentioned is a complete no-no throw. He literally doesnt see the defender, how you can disagree with that is beyond me. Those were BRUTAL and inexcusable throws.. are you kidding me Hobbes?

Go look at the Sean Lee, Ninkovich, Ladarius Webb, and @Denver pick sixes and tell me thats the system!!!! Those are brutal misreads that changed the game. Unacceptable, I have no idea how u can disagree that those are misreads.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Except he was brought there both times

16. Hobbes3259

No Schotty, lose the fumbles. Thats all it takes.

Thats why the point of emphasis for Marty was two hands on the ball, early on.

17. Hobbes3259

Right. The Team carried Mark to the playoffs. When they lose its all on Mark.

So, one of the best passers in playoff history, didnt get to the Superbowl, because the team let him down, right?

18. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

This.

I expect big things from Sanchez still to be honest,. Whether it be here or elsewhere I'll hope he does well. The guy has never done or said anything wrong.

I would love to see amongst those stats which one(s), if any, Dealt with 3 different offensive systems in his first 5 years. And which of those ( again, if any ) had revolving door at WR / Injuries like we had last season. We all know that none of them EVER had to deal with anything like MS did with TBlow last season.

There's a lot of stuff that goes into Sanchez being at the bottom of that list,.. and most of them aren't just on him.

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

When you ask Mark not to lose games he's fine

When you ask Mark to win games he's bad

Lets not call him one of the best passers in playoff history yet disclaim the chart showing he's the worst regular season starting quarterback ever

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If a QB is being protected where he does not throw in passing situations. Where he only mainly throws when defenses are not expecting a throw and defenses sell out against the run routinely using 8-9 men in the box yes it inflates his stats. One 3rd down the CS had to protect the team from Sanchez losing the game and making mistakes. We either ran the ball in those situations or gave him 3 step drop quick passes to limit his exposure. Every time he was given more rope he failed and he had to be protected with the lastest version of the "wrsit band."

He was not passing in situations a normal QB was passing in. They limited his passing to mainly ideal situations. Put a bad QB in that situations Sanchez was in and 9-10 and they would have put up insane stats.

So yes his stats were greatly inflated his 1st two years because he mainly passed in the most ideal situations a QB could play in. I would argue there never has been a QB that has been protected more from himself and given more ideal passing situations than Sanchez in 09-10. As many of us predicted on these boards in 2010 when the handcuffs would come off and he would have to play in situations similar to those played by a normal NFL Qb he would implode which he has done even though he did improve in 11 and 12 over his 1st two years.

As far as winning close games. That was a product of the defense not Sanchez. When a team has a terrible QB and great defense and plays run the ball and don't let the QB lose the game for you, almost every game will be close. Some of those your bad QB will win and some he will lose. Almost all these games were examples of the defense holding the other team long enough for eventually the offense being able to score. With the exception of the Houston game, which was a great throw by Sanchez to Edwards, his normal 2 minute drill is not throwing the ball down the field but dumping the ball off to backs or slants with the ball in the air for 4-6 yards. He did little to nothing to win any games. He was simply there and asked not to screw up to much.

The best example of Sanchez doing nothing to win a close game might be the Indy playoff win. it was arguably the worst playoff performance by a modern day QB. Sanchez was so bad that day the Jets had to take the ball out of hands in the 2nd half and refuse to let him pass the ball. He missed 3 wide open receivers for TDs, threw almost every ball high and off target that and threw an inexcusable INT in the red zone at the end of the half. They almost exclusively ran the ball the second half.

But come the end of the game the Jets had a chance to win and asked Mr. Clutch to throw a pass on third down to clinch the game to a wide open Holmes in the right flat. Mr. Clutch of course threw it wide. After a penalty on 4th down giving the Jets back the ball they again had a chance to win the game and Mr. Clutch had Edwards open without a defender with in 7 yards unfortunately the ball was thrown 10 yards away from Edwards. Manning took the ball down the field for what would have been the winning score absent Cromartie's run back. Sanchez then threw 3 passes. A 4 yard slant thrown 2 yards behind Edwards that almost ended the season. Edwards reached back and made an amazing circus catch but fumbled (arguably it should have been an incomplete pass) it because the pass was so bad. Fortunately he recovered the fumble. He then threw a pass 4 yards to an uncovered Holmes in the left flat and then a jump ball on the sidelines for an amazing catch by Edwards. Sanchez did nothing to win this game but everything to lose it. We won it because we refused to let him throw and Cromartie and Edwards made some amazing plays. Put a bad QB in that game and the jets win by 20-30 points. But the apologists here give Sanchez credit for bad play as they always do. They won games despite him not because of him.

#13560 Noam, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.