2013/14 BPL, Gold Cup, WC Qualifying...etc sponsored by nyjunc

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Barry the Baptist, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I just purchased a 2013 Liverpool Jersey and they are made by Warrior. Only 8 of the 20 teams in the EPL wear Adidas and other than Chelsea I'd hardly call them big name clubs, unless you consider Cardiff, Stoke and Hull to be big names. Most people unless they support those clubs aren't going out to buy them and those who like the design or colors aren't doing so because they are made by Adidas. Personally I like Puma which is why I have a few Cote D'Ivore and Cameroon jerseys but they have great designs too.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Barry

When will you buy a Galatasaray jersey man? :)

3. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I am very excited to watch Roma on ESPN tonight. Pro Soccer is still relatively new to me, but I picked it up when I was in Rome last year. It certainly is a great game to watch once I understood the game a bit better.

4. Barry the Baptist

Maybe one day...I like the early 2000's ones. The red seems to be a little darker know or am I mistaking?

5. Barry the Baptist

I saw Roma play many years ago at the Stadio Olympico with my ex girlfriend. It was incredible, the main reason we went was she was Japanese and they had a Japanese player who was like the first to play in a major league but I had a blast. Just an awesome atmosphere.

6. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Yeah, the Olimpico is a great venue, truly amazing to witness the passion of the fans. I also went to a game in Palermo, and that was a great experience too, except for almost getting stabbed by the ultras ha.

7. Brook!

Barry

Great eye

Red is now darker. In 2005 club decided to use Galatasaray's original colors that was used when the club was founded in 1905. They equipped a big research team to be able to replicate same exact colors. I wouldn't expect this nuance to be noticed by a yankee like you. You impressed me man.

8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Watching this game it occurs to me that, like American football, an all star game doesn't really work that well. It is such a team sport. Playing Roma, it is like if one team of pro bowlers played against the Giants or something.

9. Barry the Baptist

Ha... I was crazy enough to go to Rangers/Celtic but didn't see anything as crazy as what gets reported. Not to say it doesn't happen but I didn't see it.

I almost got to go to a game in Milan (San Siro) but my flight arrived the day after they played...can't remember if was Inter or Milan I was gonna see but that would have been amazing.

10. Barry the Baptist

I remember this because I went to a Sacramento Kings game when they had Turkoglu and there were a few Turks there rocking the brighter red jerseys. They were all together and had signs in Turkish.

And of course I remember George Hagi in the bright red and yellow

[​IMG]

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if only you knew football the way you know a game no one cares about in this Country.

13. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

ah, the old ad hominem. attack and criticize, the trusted weapon of the insecure and emotionally unstable.

don't be so insecure and defensive, we are just trying to make you better so you can actually contribute to this message board in a meaningful manner rather than continuously post unsubstantiated nonsense.

we enjoy having you at TGG, junc, it just makes us sad that our friend knows so little about so much. we want you to be smarter so we can be proud of you. but when you post it makes all of us look bad because you are one of us.

15. ShadeTree#55

16. nyjunc

yes I am very insecure b/c I don't know soccer. You got me.

17. nyjunc

18. Brook!

junc

Have you ever said "I think you are right and I am wrong"

In the end, if nothing will change your opinion, why do you bother to read and write so much on this board? I come here to share my opinion and if someone else proves me wrong I gladly admit to be wrong.

You had some opportunities to do so in this thread and you didn't. The Adidas thing for example.

19. nyjunc

I acknowledged the adidas thing. I don't know soccer but I do know it's not popular in this Country and I have acknowledge it is getting more popular but again they started w/ nothing so the only place to go was up.

20. ShadeTree#55

I'm sure the WNBA is doing the same sort of advertising over in London. They signed a huge deal with the BBC to broadcast games.