ESPN: Milliner signed; all picks signed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ajetsfan4ever, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yup, during the National Championship game, Millner lined up against Tyler Eifert (also a first rounder) and he played very well.

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I don't really see how this offset really mattered much. If a player has an offset, they can still go play on another team for league minimum and stick the former team with most of the bill, no?

3. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

Great news! Now everybody is in camp.

4. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Without the offset, they get the value of the new contract in addition to the old one. It's an issue of double dipping in case a player is released.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Idzik quietly set the tone for future negotiations here. Agents aren't going to walk all over him like they did with Tanny. I really liked it when Rex gave the quote about being frustrated that Milliner wasn't in camp and when they asked Idzik about it he calmly addressed the question saying he wasn't frustrated and that he understood he couldn't control the other side of the negotiation and that eventually a deal would be done. Tanny would have been shoveling fries down his throat at some diner with the agents desperately trying to please Rex. Tanny just handed over all power in the negotiation. Idzik refused.

6. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Well in all fairness to Rex, it's his newest toy, not to mention his first first-round pick.

I'd be frustrated too, since camp had already started. But You're 100% right, Idzik handled it like a General Manager instead of a Tannenbaum

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex is supposed to be frustrated. Idzik is supposed to remain calm and realize he holds all the cards and not budge. Both played their parts perfectly and the Jets won.

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love Idzik's demeanor. Soft spoken, calm, confident, seems to have a clear vision of where he wants to take the team, and with a bit of a sense of humor to make him human (unlike hoodie).

All the qualities I want in a leader.

9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That D is VERY VERY promising!

Young, big, fast and talented!

10. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Especially davis on the inside, dudes got a never ending motor.