Props to TGG originals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Nov 12, 2011.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah they do a good job, i am not surprised it got too big to manage by yourself. and things always come up in life that drag you away from things like this. its like having a second job to run a board.

i for one thank you for still having it around, this long ago became the best jets message board.

[prepares for inevitable beating i will take for kissing the owners ass and thanking him for doing the work to get this place where it is and letting it continue]

2. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Bump. Not an original but the 10th anniversary of my join date is coming up next week. I'm 32 so that means I've spent nearly a third of my life checking in on this place and (very occasionally) commenting. Holy shit.

Here's to 10 more.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Never saw this thread. I registered in 01, was in Saudi during the first server crash and ended up re-registering in 03.

And 17a, alleycat has always been the same douche, no matter what he claims.

/noogie

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am pretty sure it was 2001 when I registered, it may have been at the end of 2000 but I think my first season posting here was 2001. I was in my mid 20s then, not even married yet. Now my oldest is pushing double digits.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Same here... Got into "Debates" have been through several Font changes and in the end, I have met so many amazing JETS fans through here...also in person I might add...

We've lost a few but because of this spot and our team they will never leave here ... :beer:

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Props to Petrozza & the TGG originals.

Stumbled onto this site by accident; hadn't ever hooked up on any Internet boards so didn't know newby protocol, etc. That said, it was like discovering a Jet oasis...started out posting some stoned leap-before-you-look jibberish (however ernest) that would have me cringing the following day re-reading it. While it's still a blur at times, it's fun, it's often informative (Jet-wise and otherwise) and to that end, thanks Petrozza and the rest of you TGG long-timers. Kippis!

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Groh resigned on December 31, 2000. I joined sometime around that date. It's been great being a member. I check the site multiple times a day. This is where I get my Jets news.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Kudos to each and every one of you for establishing the most insightful and classy jets site. The title says it all...THE BEST JETS FAN MESSAGE BOARD...PERIOD.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This is the board I visit every single day. Love the community here. Whether it's convincing Hobbes he's wrong, or Bradway's insightful analysis, or TNJets random Sanchez hate...it's great.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm pretty sure I was registered under a different handle originally. Then I changed it to the current one after the D-Rob massacre in the 2003 draft. Caught a lot of flak from people at that point and went away for awhile then re-reg'd after the crash.

It's been a long time though. My memory could be faulty. I'm pretty sure my original registration under the different handle was in 2001.

11. Registered sometime in early 2001.

I spend so much time here that if you added it all up it'd likely take years off my life. No regrets though. No place I'd rather be.

Special thanks to Petro & all the moderators for keeping this place great. And thanks to the rest of you for the amazing conversation. Here's to many more.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I love this place. I hope I continue to post here for the foreseeable future.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i disagree! i was a much different douche at different points. in the beginning i was the douche who would say off color shit and get smacked by petro.

then at some point i was a HUGE douche about the board as it had kind of fallen apart, i will admit i was quite a douche during that period.

now i am just a regular old douche that hangs on the back of the bathroom door waiting for some poor unsuspecting kid to blow into.

ive been very happy since things blew up a few years ago and a bunch of posters left. they really did hurt the ambiance of the board.

so yes, douche i am, but of differing and varying types.

14. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Holy ballsack... I was 20 when i signed up...

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Happy belated birthday BTW.... only 2 months and 1 day too late...lol

I'm coming up on my 15K (only 4 away) posts, I can only imagine how many I would have if we had continued to allow posts in BS to count. Most of time here that has been the case.

I joined in Dec of 2003, 10 years coming up very soon. I think I finally made it onto page one of members. If not for LV_Coach and VegasKarl I never would have found this place.... and Skinny Dugans for bringing us Las Vegas Jet fans (there are quite a few of us) together.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I always forget that this board was around pre-August 2002. That was neat seeing the link with the original site. The site has gone thru a few changes since I've been here, and I haven't always liked them, but currently the layout is perfect, though a change soon would be cool too.

I was 15 when I joined, almost 16, originally named MVPennington, and then NYJalltheway, and now just NYJATW. I always smile when I get called Jall, or Alltheway, nice refresher I'm recognized I guess haha. I used to tick people off quite a bit, mainly 3rd and 15 draw, and byz, but hey what young teen doesn't annoy people? Sweet bump, had a fun time reading thru this..

ps. Never thought I'd get something (awesome) for free just for enjoying myself on a message board. I've got these fantastic Jets surf shorts, and I know they weren't cheap, and I wear them all the time. IDK how I ever lived without em haha. Best Jets site ever, easily..

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

There was just something special about this site. Better than all of the other Jets sites. I agree with everyone here. Hats off to the original posters and Petrozza for creating the site. I am not too far away from being here for 10 years myself. Truly is mind blowing.

18. abyzmul

Just fucking with you, douche.

You were far more tolerable years ago.

Totally agree with your assessment of the current affairs.

Douche.

:smile:

I disagreed a shitload with GreenGuy and Cman... but GG may have been the most sincere person to post here.

Maybe not, maybe so. Memory does things. He was fun to argue with.

#78 abyzmul, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  19. abyzmul

I think it was closer to 2000. I remember seeing you destroy/dominate/hijack threads when I first started posting.

And now you are teaching your children to hate Namath. How the years fly by.

20. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

If I had a baby when I joined, he would be a third-grader.

So many memories...sock monkeys, brown wings, hurts when I pee, the all-night football hottie circle jerk, nascar with jessie, mo carlett, 17a taking a dump in a stack of tires at a Mets game (the things that get stuck in my head, jesus christ)

Known a lot of ya longer than I've known my own wife, and it feels like I've been with her forever. Been here longer than facebook or even myspace has been around. We lost some damn fine people as well, in our little family. NightOwl Tom, Green Guy, Pats-hater, gone but not forgotten.