New York Mets Official 2013 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by southparkfanciz, Mar 31, 2013.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

For some reason this blown Harvey start is pissing me off a lot more than the other 5 this season.

He should be the clear Cy Young leader and the easy starting pitcher for ASG. He'll probably get the ASG gig. But I'll be surprised if he's the Cy Young winner with 13 wins.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so fucking frustrating at times...

3. alleycat9

its such a shame that a kid can pitch so fucking well and get shit on so many times by his dipshit team mates.

every time i think well they are playing ok there are some positives they end up doing some shit like they did tonight.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

How the fuck is Terry Collins still a manager?

"duuhhj, my closer comes in in the 9th inning, not when the game is on the line"

Ironically, I literally had this conversation with my son, YESTERDAY, about when the closing monent is, why the save rule is retarded, etc...

Tonight, we watch the game, I say, this is that moment. Bases loaded, Gary says, bring in Parnell, Zimmerman clears the bases.

Harvey gets fucked again.

5. Hobbes3259

Terry Collins, Makes Schotty look like Bill Walsh.

6. alleycat9

man i just typed up a 500 word vent abouty the mets and hit post quick reply and it fucking went away.... anyway yeah terry is annoying at times. the fact he ran ike out there 100 times when he knew he needed to go down, the fact he didnt walk out onto the field and physically remove daniel murphy from the game when he didnt run out that pop up in chicago.

wally said it well when they sent ike down, we will work with him and fix it. collins and his crew dont know how or care to fix it and teach these young guys the game.

terry has been a good soldier for them, they will let him go at the end of the season and bring backman in to run the club next year.

7. MParty7441

I hate Terry as much as anyone. But the one thing I'll say is that Parnell had pitched the last 2 nights. I mean, he's the one who ended up losing the game anyway.

8. Hobbes3259

Like I said, its so ironic I was making the point about the "closing moment" yesterday.

Then Collins blows it. And Valentine was suppressing a chuckle, when he said " well, you didnt bring him in with bases loaded and two outs in the8th"

Personally, id have gone closer when they tying run came to the plate.

This, 9th inning retardness is insane, and..,Leo Mazzoni, a pretty good pitching coach, has always said, we coddle pitchers too much....

Closers should be able to get 6 outs.

And a tie game in the ninth? You go to the long man. Until he gets into trouble. (i.e. your next CLOSING MOMENT)

9. Hobbes3259

But.

You let him lose the game, when the game is on the line, with 2 on in the 8th..

If the fact that he pitched for the last two nights, is a consideration, you go to the long man, with a tie in the ninth.

And Parnell took the loss. The game was lost in the 8th.

10. Hobbes3259

And, why is it....that the save rule is still retarded..?

The " official scorer" can determine a hit, or an error, but not when the crucial moment in a game is?

Really?

11. Hobbes3259

Harvey, should be having a historic season.

7 wins, 9NDs? Really.

And its not like those are questionable NDs.

How many are less than 3 runs?

He should be pushing the 30 win envelope. In his last 10, he should have had at least 5 more wins.

#471 Hobbes3259, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'll be at Citi Field on Wednesday. Harvey will start, will leave after 7 or 8 with a 3 or 4 run lead, the bullpen will blow it, and the full house will stay through the whole thing because it's Fireworks Night. They should strap Collins to one of the rockets and send him off to the moon.

13. MParty7441

Harvey's reaction to all of it as been amazing though. Every time this happens, he always seems to come out and say "next time I need to go nine" or "next time I just need to give up zero runs." He's gotta be steaming inside.

14. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Pretty sad to watch a gem of a pitching performance get throw right out the window.
    What is worst is when it's done when we had two outs already. I know Parnell have up the winning run but that game was lost when we let the Nats come back and tie.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Harvey is just getting shit on all season. No run support and when he finally does get the support the BP blows it. Absolutely pathetic.

16. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Wheeler just got worked over in the 2nd inning. Not good.

17. NYGalPal

I know it too soon, but haven't been impress so far with what we've seen from Wheeler. His performance in the Minors didn't indicate to be he was ready for the Majors. He doesn't look like he has Matt fortitude. Matt never looked scared, and nervous. Wheeler looks like his confidence can be easily destroyed.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Mets bullpen did the job today. Turned a 5-0 game after 7 into a 13-0 game.

19. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I think the Mets brain trust need a reality check... Bring a kid up then two starts in start tweaking his mechanics ... This drops his velocity making him a hit machine...

Only in Metsland

20. NYGalPal

John buck I have no words.