17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

People don't go to games to watch DBs play. Revis playing against the Jets is not going to sell tickets.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

You mean the Pennington that led the Jets (and Dolphins) to the playoffs every season that he was healthy? That real Chad? The Raiders beat the Jets up that day. It was not Pennington who lost that game. In fact, his picks were because Coles quit on two passes, if I remember. And the Jets defense gave up 30 points and made Garner look like a star RB. I never understood comments like yours about Pennington. That was a team loss.

What did Pennington in was hurting his shoulder against the Bills in 2004. He had a bright future until that injury and might still be the Jets QB.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

It adds a storyline to the game which deff helps sell tickets.. People are going to want to boo this shit out of revis.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The best storyline the Jets could have is a good chance of winning the game. Until they start doing that (winning), ticket sales will continue to be dismal. Winning fixes everything. If we are 9-3 going into the last 4 games, ticket prices will skyrocket.

It never surprises me how many bandwagon Jets fans there are out there. Much moreso than Giants or any other franchise for some reason. This explains the mass exodus this year. Well, that and, the ticket office totally mishandled it's older, loyal seniority STHers by fucking them over so badly during the last 4 years.

So the combination of losing, coupled with WAY overpriced tickets to a stadium with shittier views, coupled with a new attitude by even the most loyal of STHers after realizing they'd been fucked with royally, and you get a 2013 ticket season that is absolutely abysmal. This has got to be totally embarrassing to Woody Johnson, but there will be no tears for this guy because he brought it on himself.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's opening day though against revis. We should have a good crowd that day, if that game was in Nov or Dec and we are out of it then it wouldn't be a good draw regardless of revis.

6. nyjunc

You know I love Chad but he did play poorly that day as did the rest of the O.

Coles could have broken up the game changing pick but quit on the play. it was 10-10 late in the 3rd, after that Oak scored a TD quick and we never recovered.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Chad was a scared little girl against the Raiders that day and all the Raider/ Raven games after that. He did not play good against physical teams, that and his shoulder was his downfall. Nothing personal, fact.

8. nyjunc

That was his first road playoff game and the entire O was awful.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is not the place for that. can you guys take it somewhere else please. this is a beautiful thread filled with hate and anger. we dont need any football talk or "debate" going on in here. there are entire sections dedicated to that stuff.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I always liked Chad and in retrospect, I'll take a healthy Chad over a healthy El Guapo any day of the week.

But after he hurt his shoulder he was never the same. He checked down a little too often before the injury even, but that would have worked itself out I believe. But after the injury, the checkdown and short pass became his mainstay out of necessity. However, had he never had that injury, he might have developed into one hell of a QB and I do agree he might have had a very long run.

And what do we have now? If Chad was a "scared little girl" who threw short passes because of the injury, do we not still have that today? The only difference being, Chad had an excuse and El Guapo doesn't. The Chinese Firedrill continues ad nauseum... ridiculous shovel passes, ioll-timed throws, head-butting buttocks'.

God don't get me started. I hate the sight of this guy. Go Gino!

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So now U have become a geno bot instead of a T-bot. I guess U have not yet seen his weakness which BTW is the exact as MS which is not having the ability to make that split second correct snap decision :sad:

12. championjets69

So insteadd of a T-bot U R a Geno Bot. MHO is you are in the very wrong universe when it come to Geno :sad:

13. Section 227. Row 5

I used to think that the most fun anyone could ever have in one day would be to follow the Three Stooges around for an afternoon.

But lately I've changed my mind. I think it would be more fun to follow you around and observe your typical afternoon. Never before have I known someone who is more of a kit than you are.

It would have to be interesting as hell to observe your daily life for an afternoon as you go to the food store or hardware store or bank and engage the cashier, or the teller or the mailman at your door. The most fun would be watching the expression on their faces during or after the conversations as they walk away going, "What a kit this guy is!"

I mean, do you ever think about that? Do you think about whether you do this stuff on purpose just to be a kit or do you not realize you're being a kit and you're doing it randomly, not knowing you're being such a complete kit when you do? Surely no one could go through life being such a kit and not realizing it... or maybe it's possible to realize it and just not give a damn.

Either way, it's quite interesting. And I swear, it would be a hoot to just follow you around one afternoon andbe able to observe all of your conversations with people. It's got to be something like what George Burns and Gracie Allen used to do on TV many, many years ago, where George was the strait man and asking Gracie a question, only to get some kind of answer like you probably provide to everyone you come in contact with.

What a hoot that would be. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's fun as hell to observe it on here every day, but in person, walking around interacting with everyday people, it has to be fucking hysterical.

14. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I wonder if he actually makes a sad face after every conversation or does he just carry around a sign and hold it up when he's done speaking... :sad:

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't compare Chad to Sanchez,,,,,no comparison,,,,,,,,even with check downs and short passes he was accurate. Sanchez is a turnover machine,,,chad never was,,,, even with his limitations. Chad was smart,,,very smart and could read a defense something we still don't know or should I say have yet to see out of Sanchez. If defenses begged chad to throw or stacked the line at least chad could hurl it down the field and make them pay as seen against the Chargers with a bad shoulder no less ! I was on the Sanchez wagon but yeah I jumped off,,,,how anyone can still defend this guy is amazing. He had his shot to prove us wrong and blew it and if Rex gives him yet another shot it will most likely cost him his job,,,,time will tell,,,,,,,in keeping with this thread thank goodness I did not purchase A cock a mammy psl :beer:

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Opening day or not, people are not going to the game to watch 130 plays and see Revis involved in about 10 of those plays including running plays. Cornerbacks are not draws. People will go because it is the first game. If the Jets played the Bucs in November and the Jets were 3-9 going into the game, the stadium would be half empty even if the Bucs secondary had Revis and 3 Revis clones.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

This is where I call BS.

You do know that Pennington never lost another game to the Raiders after that playoff loss, right? He went 3-0 against them and never threw an interception after that playoff game. You also know that Pennington never played a single game against the Ravens as a Jet, right?

Pennington's career went downhill because of injuries, not because of this perceived inability to play against tough defenses. It is a team game. If the Jets got pushed by physical teams, it was not Pennington's fault.

In fact, both Pennington and Sanchez had faults, but lack of toughness is not one of them. Pennington played hurt and kept coming back from injuries and Sanchez has had the crap beat out of him and never comes off the field (as opposed to , say Cutler who wilts and quits every time he faces a pass rush and is hit a few times in a half).

18. championjets69

When it comes to the NYJs your common sense or maybe it just is a lack of understanding of FB is totally laughable. Wait U will see that Geno is just another MS or worse for the reasons I mention. Just like you have a HO of Geno I do as well & mine will be the one you are will POed about in a couple of years just like you are MS. So always do remember that this is not a forum to make fun of someone but a forum to give your HO of the NYJs. In a couple of years you will be resigning your Gbot fandom for the next 3 rd class QB Woody trots out :sad:

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

so my neighbor who became a season ticket holder in 2011 for the 1st time EVER and was given 2nd row prime aisle with free parking and no preseason,then last year "downgraded" to $95 seats in the corner endzone row 5 cancelled his season tickets.he told me yesterday that they calle dhim again. he was offered prime again with free yellow parking AND $250 coupons for concession stands food.

the bullshit continues

20. championjets69

Tell your neighbor that a NYJ STHer since 1965 gives him gold stars for wising up & cancelling his tix :smile: