Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was tremendously confident he was full of shit. thank you for looking it up for me. i know he will dodge and deflect thats all he does is spew bullshit and then dodge it when its challenged. i would be fine if he said he thought he threw too much outside the numbers. but he states it as fact which its not. and outside the numbers is not an issue under 15 yards. those are nfl qb throws.

none of us are always right on this board. i know i am not right just as often as i am right. sometimes i go off of a gut feeling and am completely wrong. some people just have a harder time with being incorrect. or they just argue circularly for months about the same thing and go nowhere.

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

That's right Hobbes, it's ok if I use statements just like you do. Schotty this, schotty that. Nacho sucked last year because of his coaches and teammates.
    Sparano really messed nacho up last year just like schotty did Pennington. All you do is throw out one sided heavily opinionated argumentative points defending your all time favorite Jet.
    Come on you have watched "who wants to be a millionaire", the majority of the audience is most always right. Same thing with the Qb situation with our team. Sorry Galileo, this time the sun does turn around the earth.
    Watch Sancho this year, but this time don't wear the taco goggles. Look at what the majority sees. The sancho haters aren't making it personal, it's just he is not much more than an average to below average Qb. Is it really necessary to have a Qb that does so little for our team, that is paid comparably to manning or Brady? Don't love the player, love the team!

3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

See how he does? Just like its insignificant that sparano was chads head coach, then became nacho's coordinator? But sparano screwed nachos life up, but allowed chad to succeed. Schotty didn't call Bree's plays he was just the Qb coach and maybe assistant coordinator, Hobbes just try's to base his sancho defense with a false base argument, to attempt to strengthen his argument.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ignore him. I don't know what happened to him; at some point he turned into Sanchez fanboy. I am guilty in that I did supply ample ammunition for him to use, but that was not my initial intention. [These contentions were indeed based on facts, as far as I could tell. I almost always sought generality in arguments.]

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Back on point.

Since the WCO is built around the quarterback delivering the ball quickly and accurately, does Sanchez have the chops to get it done effectively?

Some pundits say yes.

I have my doubts, but not based on his physical ability.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We will see if Nacho gets it done. If he does, then it would be the ultimate indictment against Schottenheimer and Sparano. [I say this because WCO isn't merely limited to the play calls and designs; WCO is, in short, total offensive preparation, then execution. From the outlooks of it, Marty Morhninweg knows how to prepare his squad - thus, the outlook is modestly optimistic if you ask me.]

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I feel like Smith is the one with the faster release and better ability to get it in tight spaces.

For Sanchez the system is supposed to be a load off; a familiar old tidbit meant limit mistakes. for Smith its a stage to highlight his strengths, really I feel like he's better overall to run this offense... its just a matter of time, by which I mean how long till he efficiently knows enough of the playbook to execute correctly. (Mark has knowledge of the playbook down as a major advantage)

Sanchez can do this, but even in system where decisions are made for him I'm afraid that he'll play scared and make dumb mistakes ironically out of fear of making dumb mistakes.

8. Ted

Ted Member

So what Hobbes is saying is that the Jets have a QB that can't make all the throws. May want to think about that Hobbes.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

But we do have a QB who can make all the throws, his problems have been more mental than physical.

10. Ted

Ted Member

I realize he has a strong enough arm to make the throws and that it's shenanigans trying to say he struggled outside the numbers. His confidence is shot and his happy feet have gotten worse since coming into the league.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is my biggest worry about Sanchez. Confidence. It was CLEARLY shot in Tennessee. Can a new OC and system get it back? I say yes. If not, he could become a Tim Couch or David Carr.

12. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I just do not see it.. This guy has no room for error playing for us. Every incomplete pass he throws you will hear GENO chants from every corner of the stadium. He is not a leader. He throws an interception and he is sitting on the bench moping. I have not once seen him pump up his team on the sidelines. He is too busy eating hotdogs and playing peek a boo with Santonio. New York is too much for him to handle. Get him out of here.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If NY was too much for him to handle he never would have helped us win 4 playoff games and help us nearly get to 2 SBs. His career would have looked like 2012.

14. Jay Bizniss

The first two years he did good and even I thought he was the answer to all our problems. I admit that. But after that 2nd championship game, Sanchez and the rest of the team started getting really cocky. They went into the season thinking they were automatic making it to the Super Bowl. He should have kept his head down and stayed humble but he let that success get to him and it was too much for him to handle.. Hence the meltdowns in 2011 and 2012.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Fixed :grin:

_

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

To be fair, in 2011, the Jets were 8-5. Got destroyed by a bad Eagles team, then should have beat the Giants but blew it, same with the Dolphins in Week 17. Total team meltdown. Still were pretty much a 10-6ish team despite a pathetic, imploding, locker room and less talent than 09/10.

2012 entered Tebow, Sparano, and the least amount of talent BY FAR, of Sanchez's career.

That is why it is only fair to see what he can do in 2013 with a better coaching staff, less distractions and hopefully more talent around him. (can't get worse than last year)

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

But it is all Sanchez's fault.

18. Jay Bizniss

I just don't think the coaches and talent around him can help fix his accuracy problem. He routinely misses wide open receivers under no pressure what so ever... His decision making is atrocious. Kerley will be running down the field with 5 DB's covering him, and guess who Sanchez is throwing to? You need that IT factor to play QB in this league, and Sanchez is missing it. No amount of coaching or offensive philosophy changes is going to remedy that.

We can keep putting band aids on the situation all we want, but somebody needs to bench his ass.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The think with Sanchez is, he isn't as bad as he looked in 2012, but he hasn't show he's as good as he looked in 2010 either. Hopefully MM can get more stuff out of Sanchez but I hope Sanchez actually gets better, doesn't just look better

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hmmm..cant argue too much with these claims. none of us realize how difficult it is to play the QB position at a high level. i agree with there being an "IT" factor that not only can put u over the top and get u into the top 15 or so but it also allows u to avoid hitting rock bottom under ceratin circumstances.

and the jets have xcelled in creating "circumstances" for sanchez, mostly negative, the last 2 years.

trouble is there were signs in years 1 and 2, but most of us ignored them because of the overall team success and his occasional ability to make the perfect throw when needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.